Poll: What's the verdict?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Unban
25.00%
2 25.00%
Hey! he's back, get him!
75.00%
6 75.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its been Months, but im back to try again
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160768507
Ingame name: Caspxr

Who banned me: Avi (STEAM_0:0:171398726)

Reason for ban: Hacking

Length: Permanent

Reason to unban: Length, i was told to try again after more time and now here i am, i've returned.

Have i been banned before: not before this, No.

Date of Ban: 06-07-19 17:44

Hoping to get unbanned this time and finally make amends for past actions.
So here's the link to your previous appeal where you admit to hacking and evidence was provided for reference to this appeal:
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...manent-Ban

I will ask, why should we trust you have changed? What would stop you from hacking again if you get unbanned? Right now I dont trust that you wont hack again.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
I will also go off with what Avi said. 
1. What makes you think we can trust you?
2. What stops you from hacking again?
I believe that this is too soon I as well agree with Avi I don’t trust this situation it hasn’t been that long. 
Unless you would like to figure a way how to prove us wrong that you can be trusted then we will then see but as of right now it’s a -1 from me
I may look calm but in my mind I just killed you three times

#SMOL SQUAD 2016-forever

Nicol Bolas
(10-12-2019, 01:36 PM)Andre Wrote: I will also go off with what Avi said. 
1. What makes you think we can trust you?- The essence of trust  is to believe that I won't and you could always just ban me againi if caught cheating and that im sure would go with no appeal.
2. What stops you from hacking again?- I no longer have software
I believe that this is too soon I as well agree with Avi I don’t trust this situation it hasn’t been that long. - Cmon cheif four months
Unless you would like to figure a way how to prove us wrong that you can be trusted then we will then see but as of right now it’s a -1 from me- Lets get that negative positive, could i pay for my actions as somewhat of bail in a way and to whom do i give this bail.

In my mind I've just killed you three times. (For those reading i answered his questions in bold)

(10-12-2019, 01:26 PM)Avi Wrote: So here's the link to your previous appeal where you admit to hacking and evidence was provided for reference to this appeal:

I will ask, why should we trust you have changed? What would stop you from hacking again if you get unbanned? Right now I dont trust that you wont hack again.
Well why don't you trust?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-13-2019, 09:27 PM)Caspxr Wrote:
1. What makes you think we can trust you?- The essence of trust  is to believe that I won't and you could always just ban me againi if caught cheating and that im sure would go with no appeal.
I believe that this is too soon I as well agree with Avi I don’t trust this situation it hasn’t been that long. - Cmon cheif four months
Unless you would like to figure a way how to prove us wrong that you can be trusted then we will then see but as of right now it’s a -1 from me- Lets get that negative positive, could i pay for my actions as somewhat of bail in a way and to whom do i give this bail.

In my mind I've just killed you three times. (For those reading i answered his questions in bold)

(10-12-2019, 01:26 PM)Avi Wrote: So here's the link to your previous appeal where you admit to hacking and evidence was provided for reference to this appeal:

Well why don't you trust?
I have plenty of reasons to not trust you, nor any person that uses any sort of client on server.  I've heard the same story before, "I won't hack again" but from what I've seen any time a hacker is given a second chance, they end up hacking again because it's either a joke to them getting unbanned or they try to hide it better thinking they won't get caught.  There's no reason that you've given that says I should have to trust you won't do it again either.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
Your answers are lacking in my opinion.  You answer question with a question, we don't have to prove why we should trust you; it is you who is in question pertaining to being trustworthy.
We've seen players who have been banned for hacking 2+ years come back and make "promises" then go right back to hacking. 
Personally if I could, I'd make the minimum time till a hacker can appeal 9 months. 

-1 on your unban appeal.

I feel like minimal effort was put into your appeal and also into your answers to others questions. 

Have a marvelous day
You talk about trust but I don't think you understand it. Trust is hard to get in the first place, then you go and hack and admit to it and stated that you were banned on several servers. The fact it took you that long to say, hey maybe I shouldn't be hacking and enjoy the game, indicates to me that you don't really care that much. So to ask for trust a second time is a tall order and one that I'm not ready to fill. -1 on unban.
Ex TTT Mod Dec 14, 2019 - Dec 14, 2019
Ex PH Mod April 14, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Ex PH Mod May 9, 2020 - May 27, 2022
Proud member of the RDMS
Ex Forum Admin May 6, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Former PH Map Editor

To be completely honest I never post here and my opinion is probably worth nothing but here's my perspective. I understand that you wish to be unbanned for previous actions because you want to play again. However, I really do agree with Deathstar and Voss here in that you put a whole 15 seconds into your appeal. That screams at me that you don't care enough in the first place. If you try to write something that actually could pass as heartfelt then maybe I could see potential in giving support to you? Never once do you state that you were sorry for your past actions, just simply that you want to amend them. Kinda gives the vibe that you don't feel any remorse for them but again it's just all in how you word it.

Next, I would like to point out the big (lapse in judgment?) you made in your appeal from my eyes.
You state "Reason to unban: Length, i was told to try again after more time and now here i am, i've returned."
This seriously implies that the only reason you feel you should be unbanned is that some time has passed from the event. Do you think that we should have forgiven Osama Bin Laden for his terrorist attacks simply because years had passed before we found him? I make a pretty dramatic analogy, but I hope it kind of displays what I'm getting at. Simply because time has gone by does not excuse your previous actions.

Lastly, I want to sort of break down some arguments made by other commenters. Many of you have posted that the OP is untrustable simply because he has a bad track record. Sure this is a valid reason to not like someone, but how is he ever supposed to prove he is worthy in the future if you constantly shut him down every time because of his past. He will never have the chance to fix his reputation. A few have asked the question of "What stops you from hacking again?" I honestly don't know what you expect to get from a question like that? There will only ever be one answer to that question and it's nothing. Nothing will ever stop someone who wants to hack from hacking. I could log onto cc right now with a hacked client if I wanted to and there's absolutely nothing anyone could do to prevent me from getting on. There is no way someone can prove they won't cheat ever again because there is simply no way to guarantee this, it will always be an option. I agree that now is not the time for him to prove his worth, but for other reasons.

On that note, I really don't believe you should be unbanned because of this appeal. Your lack of effort and care is apparent and you just don't seem genuine really.
[Image: mCAuxOi.jpg]
(10-13-2019, 09:27 PM)Caspxr Wrote:

1. To catch you cheating again, we would need to regather evidence and possibly look harder than before because you would know what we were looking for.
2. You can't prove this. Also, Its not that hard to redownload stuff
You can't pay your way out of a ban. If you could, the servers would be in anarchy.
My question to you is why do you want to be unbanned. You waited four months to make this appeal. Why do you want to come back to this server?