Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Killing someone for killing an inno
(09-28-2018, 05:24 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Either way the one guy really defending the idea Mass RDMd and left soooooooo anyone else want to talk

If a player doesn't ID a body of a person they killed ( close combat only ) within five seconds, but just stares at it, or walks off.  Is that situation KOS or Sus?
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
Thats just a part coming from both sides and would be up to staff discretion. If the round was hectic or the D was caught in hectic situations its fair that the callout of self-defense can be forgotten or go by unseen. So… Yeah I personally would just say staff discretion for that one…

If the person standing over a corpse is not moving, he may be typing so I wait till he moves. If he shows 0 interest in the corpse unless he sees me I will shoot him. If the body is tucked away somewhere where it can be missed I call a sus depending if I see he's seen it or not, if I can tell he's seen it but ignores it, I will attack, if i think thats questionable, the sus remains and the person requires a fine hunt when the timer reaches OT.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
(09-28-2018, 07:09 PM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 05:24 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Either way the one guy really defending the idea Mass RDMd and left soooooooo anyone else want to talk

If a player doesn't ID a body of a person they killed ( close combat only ) within five seconds, but just stares at it, or walks off.  Is that situation KOS or Sus?

KOS if they walk off, give them a little bit if they just stare at it.

They might've tabbed out or something
(09-28-2018, 07:02 PM)Christian Wrote:  Like I said in my previous post, I would just report the person who attempted to kill me. Slaying the Detective for following Inno DNA without having no proof / reason to believe the player seems pretty dumb to me.

I get that part but in this case with guru he clearly said in chat for jimbo to stop.......And because the detective got DNA and followed it without knowing the whole situation or in this case reading chat... that would basically be RDM would it not.

Atm the rule basically says "you cannot kill someone for defending them self".             ( im using guru's case as an example because its how this whole thing got started )

For any other situation I would agree with you that the detective should not be slain and the other person should be slain for attempted RDM.... 

And this rule needs to be changed 

But in this case because the Detective did not read the chat......

he gets slain for killing someone who was just defending them self
[Image: IMG_1792.png?ex=65dbf028&is=65c97b28&hm=...height=620]
In a way its a peculiar situation I'd say. Best thing I can really come up with is that the Man with DNA scanner (Can be innocent, can be Detect) has the right of killing any induvidual he has DNA on lest the killer has clearly stated, and I mean in the sense of put it in text chat or has mentioned several times over Voice Chat during periods where there are no others speaking, a legitimate reason to kill the innocent/detective where DNA was taken from. If the legitimate reason to kill is provided, the killer can only be sussed and killed in OT unless he proves himself or dies. If there is no reason provided, then its fair game.

A condition I suspect people will question this about is if the holder of the scanner has to ask the person who he has DNA on why he killed dead guy X. I would say no, but that is then also tied to if the person is not moving at all and can be typing this very sentence, so that can provide weird and potential annoying events...

Another thing is that then who gets slain:
If the dead innocent attempted to RDM, he ofcourse can get reported for doing 20+ damage to the other person.

If the man with DNA scanner kills a person who has clearly stated he killed X for *Put KOSable reason here* because he got DNA off the corpse of X, the man with the DNA scanner should be slain for not paying enough attention to chat. This is overruled by Overtime though.

If the man with DNA scanner kills a person who has not stated the reason for killing X, even if the reason for killing X was legitimate (And the person with DNA scanner didnt witniss the KOSable act+killing) no-party is slain due to all kills being legitimate in this scenario. If Man with DNA scanner gets killed because of this before OT or that he is proven, the killer should receive a slay for reasons stated previous about killing on suspicion.

Please, this is still a valid arguement even though the Original poster got himself banned, this is still very much up to debate and I'll gladly keep going, add away lads!
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
I remember a situation clearing on Mall, that map with lots of stores but no exit ( clearly a place in hell if you can never leave ). I was detective and found dna on a dead innocent. I followed it and killed the person, who then reported me for doing so. They were also innocent but said they defended themself.

However, there was no reference to this in chat, yet still I was slain for it. Far too often the rules even as we have them are not applied equally, as it depends who is handling the case.

This can be seen as how this thread started, as in the round of the case of Laced Xanax and the Grappling Kid, I found as the round after, the mods were still arguing over if it was wrong ( since I was a T, but still abused by a grappler ). I think for about four rounds arguing went on between this topic and another. Clearly the mods were not in agreement in what applies and when, as example of the grapple case vs the mall case, as you can never tell if someone lies, more so when they kill someone and say nothing to begin with.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
(09-30-2018, 09:19 AM)King Tiger Ace Fasda22 Wrote: In a way its a peculiar situation I'd say. Best thing I can really come up with is that the Man with DNA scanner (Can be innocent, can be Detect) has the right of killing any induvidual he has DNA on lest the killer has clearly stated, and I mean in the sense of put it in text chat or has mentioned several times over Voice Chat during periods where there are no others speaking, a legitimate reason to kill the innocent/detective where DNA was taken from. If the legitimate reason to kill is provided, the killer can only be sussed and killed in OT unless he proves himself or dies. If there is no reason provided, then its fair game.

A condition I suspect people will question this about is if the holder of the scanner has to ask the person who he has DNA on why he killed dead guy X. I would say no, but that is then also tied to if the person is not moving at all and can be typing this very sentence, so that can provide weird and potential annoying events...

Another thing is that then who gets slain:
If the dead innocent attempted to RDM, he ofcourse can get reported for doing 20+ damage to the other person.

If the man with DNA scanner kills a person who has clearly stated he killed X for *Put KOSable reason here* because he got DNA off the corpse of X, the man with the DNA scanner should be slain for not paying enough attention to chat. This is overruled by Overtime though.

If the man with DNA scanner kills a person who has not stated the reason for killing X, even if the reason for killing X was legitimate (And the person with DNA scanner didnt witniss the KOSable act+killing) no-party is slain due to all kills being legitimate in this scenario. If Man with DNA scanner gets killed because of this before OT or that he is proven, the killer should receive a slay for reasons stated previous about killing on suspicion.

Please, this is still a valid arguement even though the Original poster got himself banned, this is still very much up to debate and I'll gladly keep going, add away lads!
At least for the sake of the staff keep it to text because if someone has to explain themselfs that means they lived and have time.
(09-30-2018, 11:28 AM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote: I remember a situation clearing on Mall, that map with lots of stores but no exit ( clearly a place in hell if you can never leave ).  I was detective and found dna on a dead innocent.  I followed it and killed the person, who then reported me for doing so.  They were also innocent but said they defended themself.

However, there was no reference to this in chat, yet still I was slain for it.  Far too often the rules even as we have them are not applied equally, as it depends who is handling the case.

This can be seen as how this thread started, as in the round of the case of Laced Xanax and the Grappling Kid, I found as the round after, the mods were still arguing over if it was wrong ( since I was a T, but still abused by a grappler ).  I think for about four rounds arguing went on between this topic and another.  Clearly the mods were not in agreement in what applies and when, as example of the grapple case vs the mall case, as you can never tell if someone lies, more so when they kill someone and say nothing to begin with.
Thank you for properly displaying the case of the slayee

I have played a few accounts under many names for many many years I used to be silent. I have seen this server change alot in this time. There's only 2 accounts that play that I notice from when I started, really only one plays. This server, especially how it used to be, helped me through a period that medically and mentally was very challenging thank you for everything. Even after all the times the server almost got turned off it still keeps going and hope it always does. 4.5 years of changes I believe but alas good bye and thank you.