Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laced Xanax possible slay evasion
Offender's Name: Laced Xanax

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:61988625

Offender's Rank: TTT Moderator

What They Did: So basically I'm playing on Christmas bowling and while I'm walking as a innocent I cross a corner and see a barrel on and fire and laced Xanax shooting said barrel. I attempt to jump away from it while calling him out but I killed in the blast. When I see he was innocent I made a report for him because he did not warn about the barrel. I don't exactly remember his reply but it was something along the lines of "you should have moved away from it" but as you can see in the mp4 I clearly had no chance of escaping. so the report stays and kuono adds an autoslay to laced. But for some reason the slay is revoked without a word said as to why. This came off as sketchy to me considering you are supposed to warn before you shoot a barrel and laced had clearly said in chat at the time he didn't warn about it.

When They Did It: 12-5-2018

Potential Witnesses: @Trombowen 

Proof: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zavjcnjfgbxbn9...M.mp4?dl=0

I know its unnecessarily long I had to record a glitchy demo. really just look at the first part then jump to 2:34

Other: I know I'm not just speaking for myself here. me and many other players have been subject very inconsistent and unfair investigation procedures for reports on receiving and dealing ends. and this really the main reason I made this is cause I want it to be more fair to the players who have experienced bias

Id ideally like for people to just chill out and not pursue reports that are accidents or just mistakes because its a casual video game and nobodies perfect but It gets to the point where I'm pretty much a sucker if I'm not doing the same to those who would do the same to me in a heartbeat. I just don't get how an eye for eye is gonna make you feel better. But I think if that's how its gonna go it should be fair and everybody should be held accountable despite their ranks
you had plenty of time to avoid the barrel

why in god's name are you reporting me for this i can't slay evade even if i wanted to
(12-05-2018, 10:35 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: you had plenty of time to avoid the barrel

why in god's name are you reporting me for this i can't slay evade even if i wanted to

Did you say anything in chat pertaining to "I'm about to shoot this barrel"? Technically, you are supposed to call it out before shooting one.

Also, the death scene is in slow motion, and there were only a couple of seconds between where he rounded the corner and when he died.
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

(12-05-2018, 10:37 PM)Trombowen Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 10:35 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: you had plenty of time to avoid the barrel

Did you say anything in chat pertaining to "I'm about to shoot this barrel"? Technically, you are supposed to call it out before shooting one.

Also, the death scene is in slow motion, and there were only a couple of seconds between where he rounded the corner and when he died.

Considering that there was nobody in sight on my screen, I did not call it out. Also, I forget that not everybody has the same reaction time that I do, because I know that I would've avoided that barrel in time. I realize that calling out the explosive barrel would've been the right course of action, but the staff member who handled my report didn't find it to be RDM.

So I'm a little confused as to why this thread even exists.

Also, I'd label @dong as a witness, as he actually watched it happen.
I have been called to the witness stand. I was there and when he shot it Hash appeared to be far past the corner. While he should've probably called out the barrel he is right about the staff member who handled the report found it to not be RDM. He didn't evade a slay
Takes up to 1 second to notice barrel on fire, another to notice you are by said barrel, and 3 more seconds to realize you were RDM'd while your body flies off. Not much to be done if you walk into a barrel already on fire. Likely you weren't in view when he shot it.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
I think the main reason he reported you was that you were initially to be slayed, but he believes you convinced Kuono to remove the slay, though I'm not going to say whether you did or didn't do this. I will say, however, that I'm leaning more towards the RDM side of things, as the death scene shows a very small window of time in which he could react. 

Also, This is a little off topic, but he probably wouldn't have even reported you if you had just apologized for it.
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

(12-05-2018, 11:06 PM)Trombowen Wrote: I think the main reason he reported you was that you were initially to be slayed, but he believes you convinced Kuono to remove the slay, though I'm not going to say whether you did or didn't do this. I will say, however, that I'm leaning more towards the RDM side of things, as the death scene shows a very small window of time in which he could react. 

Also, This is a little off topic, but he probably wouldn't have even reported you if you had just apologized for it.

@dong can attest to this, and anybody else that was in the staff lounge at the time, I never convinced Kuono to remove the slay. I simply explained the situation and she did what she did.

In regards to the apology part, if he's gonna be a dick in his initial report like he was, then I'm gonna give the same treatment back.
I can confirm that he did not tell Kuono to do anything pertaining to his slay. For one he has no reason to, and for two he’s a mod and he should/does know better.
I was in the server when this happened and I was a little bit confused as well and wondered why the slay was removed. I will say however if it was a guest or someone else who got reported and slayed I doubt the slay would have been lifted.