Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets Get Scared Together
Hey guys! Alone at tonight? Hearing weird noises in your house? Didn't you close that door? Who's there?! Hello?! If anyone is out there answer me!!!

While in the process of updating and maintaining the adventure thread I got an idea. Since most of the games over there are happy fun times I was thinking to myself, why don't we all get together for a little bit of horrific fun? So here it is! Lets get scared together!

Same rules as before, feel free to give me any suggestions of your own, if we get enough people to play a game I will create a player list! (minimum 4 people)

Sometimes these games have 4 packs. So if we get enough people to want to play the game but sadly you don't own it. Then just say so! You do not have to own the game to want to play it! I will be more than willing to buy a 4 pack for the sake of having some fun with you guys!

Example: I don't own any of these games as of original post date except for the Fear, Dead By Daylight and Starcraft 2 games. That isn't stopping me from wanting to play with you guys!

Game List:

Cry Of Fear : https://store.steampowered.com/app/223710/Cry_of_Fear/

Why It's Better To Be Scared With Others: This one is free, that's the best part about it! Cry of Fear is a singleplayer / multiplayer psychological horror game. You will try to find a mysterious guy named Simon in a town filled with strange creatures and plenty of jumpscares.

Fear 2 or 3 : https://store.steampowered.com/app/21100/FEAR_3/

Why It's Better To Be Scared With Others: F.E.A.R.3 has tons of modes. ‘Contractions’ is basically the same as COD Zombies, as in you and your group must barricade your defenses and fend off waves of increasing powerful zombies, except with the added terrifying bonus of spooky ghost Alma wandering the halls and attacking anyone who looks at her for too long. Other modes turn players into ghosts and have them hunt down other players, or the amazingly titled ‘F**king Run’ which is like Left 4 Dead except for the wall of death forcing you to keep moving as quickly as possible. And there’s campaign co-op too, which is a whole new level of scary. Why isn’t this more popular?! It’s like every game on this list combined into one with the girl from The Grudge thrown in!

Depth : https://store.steampowered.com/app/274940/Depth/

Why It’s Better To Be Scared With Others: Adjusting for inflation, what’s the most successful scary movie of all time? Nudging out The Exorcist by two places it’s actually Jaws, Steven Spielberg’s simple tale of a man with metal teeth who tries to kill James Bond. Or possibly a big shark that tries to murder people. Well, this is Jaws: The Multiplayer Game. As a person with a supposedly “irrational” fear of being eaten by sea monsters Depth pushes just the right button for me, with a team of underwater treasure hunters being picked off by sharks who can bust through walls. I couldn’t be more scared by this game, and Richard Kiel isn’t even in it.

The Forest : https://store.steampowered.com/app/242760/The_Forest/

Why It's Better To Be Scared With Others: As the lone survivor of a passenger jet crash, you find yourself in a mysterious forest battling to stay alive against a society of cannibalistic mutants. Build, explore, survive in this terrifying first person survival horror simulator.

7 Days To Diehttps://store.steampowered.com/app/25157...ys_to_Die/

Why It's Better To Be Scared With Others: 7 Days To Die is one among a huge number of survival horror games, however it stands out from the crowd on the merits of placing both constant immediate pressure on players while also robbing them of any real respite due to the countdown to which the title refers to. The game overall goes through the same beats as any other zombie survival game, however as in-game days pass and you reach 7, a sudden and massive attack by a huge horde commences, which requires extensive preparation. Playing with other players, either assisting one another for a coordinated defense, or hampering each other’s attempts to prepare for day 7 is quite an experience.

White Noise 2 : https://store.steampowered.com/app/50335...e_Noise_2/

Why It’s Better To Be Scared With Others: Imagine Slender as an asymmetrical multiplayer game, with up to 4 people versus 1 monster trying to stop them from collecting 8 tapes scattered around a level. That’s the premise of White Noise 2. Monsters can be stunned with light but otherwise your only defence is to stay the fuck away from them, especially when they start experimenting with powers like invisibility or switching your damn flashlight off. Suddenly turning a dark corner to have one scream in your face is a terrifying experience, and often having to work together is key – if you can even find each other. You can cry out for help, if you’re happy to let the monster know immediately where you are.

Starcraft 2: Dead of Night (This is a Mod For Starcraft 2 and will require the main game.)

Why It's Better To Be Scared With Others: The Dead of Night serves as a strategy-survival game within the StarCraft II engine mixing up in-game models with new abilities. Housed up in a stronghold in the centre of the map, it’s up to you and your teammates to co-operate with each other to build up the base and micro-manage your units and supplies to fend off hundreds of encroaching horrors at night while heading out to destroy their hives by day. It may not seem like a terrifying ordeal, but wave after wave pile on the tension as your defences begin to crack under the pressure causing shambling monstrosities to seep in and kill your friends and shatter your ill-conceived safety nets. It was all going well until Scoovie decided to go make a bacon sandwich between waves.

Dead By Daylight : https://store.steampowered.com/app/38121..._Daylight/

Why It’s Better To Be Scared With Others: This was requested a couple times on the other thread and what spawned the whole idea for this one to begin with! The type of game that makes you wonder why it hadn’t been done sooner, Dead By Daylight is a 4v1 asymmetrical multiplayer game where four people play the innocent victims and one player controls a hideous Michael Myers/Jason Voorhees-style murderer. The victims have to escape by activating generators to power an exit while avoid the killer. The killer has to take down and shove his victims on to horrible hooks as offerings to Dark Spider God Entity looming above. Matches are real heart-in-your-mouth moments as just spotting the killer can make you into a nervous wreck, let alone trying to escape it. I’ve never not had fun with Dead By Daylight, no matter how many times my heart stopped.

Damned : https://store.steampowered.com/app/251170/Damned/

Why It’s Better To Be Scared With Others: Damned explores the sense of being defenseless against a powerful supernatural force. The survivors can’t directly affect the monster in any way. When it’s there to get you, your only chance is to run and hide. This perception of being defenseless is very strong, primal and terrifying, it builds up anxiety and makes you really scared, fearing any unexplained noise or movement. This is how Damned creates horror in a multiplayer game session, and we believe it to be super effective! (tested and approved!)

Contagion : https://store.steampowered.com/app/238430/Contagion/

Why It’s Better To Be Scared With Others: Contagion isn't your average Zombie Shooter but instead takes a more realistic and different approach to the popular genre with unique characters, environments, weapons, items, and a built in system that makes every round completely unpredictable with resources, objectives, and paths ever changing.

SCP: Secret Laboratory : https://store.steampowered.com/app/70033...aboratory/

Why It’s Better To Be Scared With Others: Another on this list that is free with a cool concept! Deep within the SCP Foundation during a containment breach, many of the anomalies have bypassed security and escaped from their chambers - without peaceful intentions. Become site personnel, a re-containment agent, or an anomalous entity and fight to take control of or escape the facility!
Surprise! I'm back!

[Image: pvJCHKP.gif]
just download some spooky maps on gmod : )
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
I've got The Forest and Dead by daylight.
I guess I am just going to give up on this stuff lol. It's not just about what games you have or anything like that. This is an idea for us to get together to play new games and try new things. 

Same as the last thread.

My goal was for the community to come in here, check out some games on the list and be like 

"Oh hey! That looks like a fun time, I would sure like to play that with some of dinkleberg's family! I want to play Depth with you guys maybe I will buy that (hmm it seems if the game has a 4 pack and more people want to play it Eight Bit will possibly buy the 4 pack so we can all play! WOW). Hey I also own Starcraft 2 that mod sounds like fun to play hmu sometime my guy. BTW You should add on Left 4 Dead 2 I heard that game is pretty rad also!"

I want to get some ideas out there for some special gaming nights, maybe late when the servers are dead, who knows?

Thanks everyone though. Feel free to keep adding on to the thread.. I hope I got my point across this time and all this was worth the time and effort.
Surprise! I'm back!

[Image: pvJCHKP.gif]
White Noise 2  Seems like a nice game to play :^_^ Ill be keen to play it with anyone 
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member