Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map Removal.
[quote pid='32131' dateline='1526163057']
Suggested Removal of PH Maps:

Remove: 
ph_ammattirakennus: ( As we never play it and its just all around a small glitchy map)
ph_chalet: (We have 2 versions that are the exact same which just makes it pop up more)
ph_indoorpool: (really tiny map with no real hiding spots, plus its easy to get out of the map)
ph_dirty_diner: (map is super small with only 2 real rooms, and easy to get out of the map)
ph_unbunker: (Map crashes almost everytime we play it, even with css players see errors everywhere)
ph_pirateship2: ( Map is almost never played and is super small, plus the water is really glitchy)
ph_restrurant2017: (we have 2 versions and this one makes a lot of player drop frames while in basement)
I have been testing the PH map list for the last 2 weeks and I believe these maps should be deleted and possibly be replaced by some new maps.
[/quote]
but both chalet maps . plez bring more maps +1 for this idea
Honestly I spent a week trying to think of what to put here then completely forgot about it for about 3-4 months. So here are my thoughts:
Remove:
indoor pool: the out of the map thing is ruining all the fun for users especially since all the server regulars, as well as donors get up on the roof as props and drop under the map so no one can kill them.
pH_school: it's the exact same map as academy but smaller and outdated so there is no point in having the same map twice
Chalet: like stated we have two versions of this map and this one seems to have more problems such as hunters or props spawning in and dying immediately, and the map crashing at random times, while the server does tend to crash the fact it happens often on this map is a bit alarming.
Pirate ship: map is too small and people will purposefully try and crash the server by firing all the cannons repeatedly, while I like this map alot it is really small for the amount of players we have, if possible I'd say keep it on the overflow but remove it from the main server.
Restaurant/restaurant 2017: We have two restaurant maps, I don't care which one is removed but it's annoying when trolls are on and convincing everyone to keep going between the two versions back and forth so we play the same map two or three times in a row.
ammattirakennus: I've been a part of the Dinkleberg community for just over 4 months now and I have only played on this map a total of 10 times. No one likes it and the only time people vote for it is when it's between the two maps with duplicates and maps like school or academy where there is no prop menu so members and donors ask to go to this map.
YouTurd: while this map is interesting and people like it, whenever you use unstuck you end up under the map no matter where you use it. Some people tend to take advantage of this and get under the map and don't tell staff hoping to get away with it.
Changes:
The default map should be changed from restaurant, with maps like clue crashing the server half the time and it being a favorite the server tends to crash alot and we end up back at restaurant after only a few rounds on a different map. Maybe changing this once every two months would be a good idea.
Remove and readd Clue: this map crashes alot and it has been doing this since late June, at this point it's a problem in the files of the map itself so removing it and adding it back should fix it, or at least add the newest version of this map.
@"MinuteMonarch" clue crashing has been a problem since I joined in january
Imo we should keep rest_2017 and remove the older one
Rest_2017 has more spots that you can hide in, and it also looks more appealing over the older version
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]
i agree aswell i dont like having two versions of the same map cause they sometimes take two slots for voting
[Image: giphy.gif]
old threads necroing reeeee
ph_ammattirakennus: +1 for removal
ph_chalet: +1 for removal (night is fine we dont need two)
ph_indoorpool: -1 for removal (if the reasoning to remove this is because its small then PH_house v3 should also be on this list.)
ph_dirty_diner: +0 never heard of it...
ph_unbunker: ? if ph_zombie_bunker then +1 for removal
ph_pirateship2: -1 for removal (Shouldn't be removed but does need a update, i rater have it in its current state then not at all)
ph_restrurant2017: -1 for removal (the 2017 version isnt the version that needs to be removed)

Maps NOT on the list that should be removed.
ph_abandoned_office (unpopular map that is seldom played)
ph_youturd (use of unstuck anywhere on the map ejects the player out of bounds... it really needs to be fixed)
Prophunt School (good map but we dont need it and academy)
ph_house_v3 (i dont want it gone but it desperately needs an update. unplayable on props with a full server)
2 sides (unpopular map that is seldom played)
Yes thank you these maps are baddddd
I may look calm but in my mind I just killed you three times

#SMOL SQUAD 2016-forever

Nicol Bolas