Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map Download
As a quick reminder, all maps are under a Dinkleberg Collection in the Steam Workshop.

Recent, a fair amount of maps are updated but not subscribed to.  I recently double checked and a fair amount were not subscribed to yet.

Gamer Park is a map that was updated, such as with the Nopleez poster ( unless that was Gabe's spray ), and The Grim Reaper garbage bin.  As a result of this, all the players who wanted the boring map in the recent VoteMap end of round vote failed to load.  Gabe and I were the only players, making the server boring immediately.

Suggest only vote for maps you actually know you have until everyone catches on to this fact, so that the server doesn't go from full to empty again.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
There were optimizations so 30 people wont lag the server as much
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
(04-25-2018, 07:02 PM)Guru Drak Wrote: As a quick reminder, all maps are under a Dinkleberg Collection in the Steam Workshop.

Recent, a fair amount of maps are updated but not subscribed to.  I recently double checked and a fair amount were not subscribed to yet.

Gamer Park is a map that was updated, such as with the Nopleez poster ( unless that was Gabe's spray ), and The Grim Reaper garbage bin.  As a result of this, all the players who wanted the boring map in the recent VoteMap end of round vote failed to load.  Gabe and I were the only players, making the server boring immediately.

Suggest only vote for maps you actually know you have until everyone catches on to this fact, so that the server doesn't go from full to empty again.

(04-25-2018, 07:02 PM)Guru Drak Wrote: As a quick reminder, all maps are under a Dinkleberg Collection in the Steam Workshop.

Hey there champ, I appreciate your feedback but if you had taken the 5 seconds to walk out of spawn you would have noticed i added areas and refined old ones. You also stated in one of your posts that you thought my map wasn't optimized. So i took the time to optimize instead of add things and then you trash my map because only a couple stupid posters were added. It also wasn't the maps fault that everyone was kicked out it was because of how maps are added to the server. It was just because of the way the map was named that caused issues. it was a quick fix and I pushed it out.

My Maps
been here since September 2016
(04-25-2018, 07:23 PM)TheDerpGamer Wrote: There were optimizations so 30 people wont lag the server as much

Cool.  Game Park originally did lag, nice that it was fixed.  It is nice to see maps fixed up like the water park and sometime soon Dinkleberg map.

(04-25-2018, 07:28 PM)Hillrop Wrote:

Hey there champ, I appreciate your feedback but if you had taken the 5 seconds to walk out of spawn you would have noticed i added areas and refined old ones. You also stated in one of your posts that you thought my map wasn't optimized. So i took the time to optimize instead of add things and then you trash my map because only a couple stupid posters were added. It also wasn't the maps fault that everyone was kicked out it was because of how maps are added to the server. It was just because of the way the map was named that caused issues. it was a quick fix and I pushed it out.
I had no reason to look at the map again due to only 2 on the server, which was no fun to do so.  TTT is a multiplayer game, not a 1v1 board game.  Gamerpark was laggy originally, and as noted above it was stated only recently it was fixed.

There also was no mention of whos map it was.  At history the map was bad from lag.  Now it is fixed and should be fine once everyone subscribes.  No reason to have a hissy fit over it.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy

Just so you're aware, it isn't not being subscribed that caused that. It's a known issue with map updates that players retain the older versions in the game files, even when the new one is added. The client/server sees that the client only has the older version, and instantly disconnects since it doesn't match the server's version. This can happen when the server map updates, and the solution is to delete the old files manually from the client-side.

Alternatively, issues can arise if the client has the newer version, and the server does not, in which case you have to unsubscribe from the map on steam, delete the new version, and get the old version from the server.

Both of these solutions are not caused by, or obvious to, the average player, including yourself considering your response.

Also, Hillrop has put time into optimization, so "no changes" to you could mean a ton of behind-the-scenes for him. I would know, hammer compiling can be a bitch for optimization sometimes. So try to not make assumptions about backend changes just because there isn't a shiny new addition.

(04-25-2018, 08:04 PM)Guru Drak Wrote:   TTT is a multiplayer game, not a 1v1 board game. 

[Image: qrosy5k.jpg]
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]