Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map reccomendations
(04-24-2018, 01:24 PM)ReThink Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 12:50 PM)Guru Drak Wrote: Before adding any further maps, the current play list should be updated in removing duplicate named maps that have less functionality than the newer ones that are also in the same list.

Example - There are currently 2 Bank maps.  One is a vanilla map with an alarm and a security gate.  The other has traitor traps along with the previous map's features.

There are multiples like this such as there are also 2 Doll maps, one realistic, one minecrafty.  They are different enough but misleading when someone doesn't read names.

In addition, there are lag maps, often some even crashing the server when there are too many entities on a map.  Best Buy is at the limit, making manhacks twice as effective at killing.  Huge is I believe another of those maps if I'm not mistaken, even though it looked to be a new map.  There is also the new Gaming Park which is on par with Best Buy for being at a limit.  Neptunia ( though awesome with traps and great floor planning ), also causes some lag.

Yogscast videos ( not Hatfilms ) tend to be good for showing off good maps most of the time if you want inspiration.

I can't attest to the others, but Neptunia is one of the few maps that has massive lag. I'm not talking "oh no, my 120fps went down to 110", I'm talking my 120 going down to 30-50fps in certain areas. It's almost like none of these maps were playtested before they were added, or at the very least given a walkthrough?

Also a big fan of removing dumb minecraft map duplicates. If anyone wanted to play on minecraft maps they would vote for original MC maps, not shitty remakes of beloved classics that require you to jump 10 times to climb a hill.

All maps were tested by 8 people, of course there's no way to tell if its going to lag with 32. Get your head out your ass before making stupid accusations. We worked hard to get new maps for you guys, and your negative comments are not needed. A simple "These maps cause major lag" would have been perfectly fine.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
The minecraft maps are fun ones at least.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
(04-24-2018, 01:24 PM)ReThink Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 12:50 PM)Guru Drak Wrote: Before adding any further maps, the current play list should be updated in removing duplicate named maps that have less functionality than the newer ones that are also in the same list.

Example - There are currently 2 Bank maps.  One is a vanilla map with an alarm and a security gate.  The other has traitor traps along with the previous map's features.

There are multiples like this such as there are also 2 Doll maps, one realistic, one minecrafty.  They are different enough but misleading when someone doesn't read names.

In addition, there are lag maps, often some even crashing the server when there are too many entities on a map.  Best Buy is at the limit, making manhacks twice as effective at killing.  Huge is I believe another of those maps if I'm not mistaken, even though it looked to be a new map.  There is also the new Gaming Park which is on par with Best Buy for being at a limit.  Neptunia ( though awesome with traps and great floor planning ), also causes some lag.

Yogscast videos ( not Hatfilms ) tend to be good for showing off good maps most of the time if you want inspiration.

I can't attest to the others, but Neptunia is one of the few maps that has massive lag. I'm not talking "oh no, my 120fps went down to 110", I'm talking my 120 going down to 30-50fps in certain areas. It's almost like none of these maps were playtested before they were added, or at the very least given a walkthrough?

Also a big fan of removing dumb minecraft map duplicates. If anyone wanted to play on minecraft maps they would vote for original MC maps, not shitty remakes of beloved classics that require you to jump 10 times to climb a hill.

I like the minecraft maps and I find them to be enjoyable & I don't lag on Neptunia, but that's just my opinion... the negative comments and constant bickering doesn't help either

Its not the amount of entities in the map. An optimized map will only render what you can actually see on screen. To check to see if a map is optimized, type mat_wireframe 3 in console. Anything that is wire framed is what is currently being rendered on your computer. A good map will keep the wireframed areas only in the areas the player can actually see on screen. A bad map will have wire frames outside of what the player can actually see. My map is not fully optimized at all yet but i was not made aware of this until it was put under the stress of 30 players at once. Currently working on optimizations that should smooth out these issues.

but i completely agree with you on the duplicate map stuff.

My Maps
been here since September 2016