Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mass RDM bans
(03-06-2020, 12:42 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 12:39 PM)Foxka Wrote: These contradict each other lol

But again, non malicious mass rdm should not be met with a perma

As my last bit of input here, unless a new thread is made, The guideline section is referring to regular RDM between innocents. Further down it also describes crossfire as slayable in the context of t-on-t rdm. I will admit that the crossfire rulings probably need cleaned up a bit. Will work on that sometime soon thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Which will of course be a nice discussion and not a dictation I presume. Because I will be wholly opposed to the ruling that has been used for years to my knowledge and is common sense to be suddenly changed after the discussion was shut down. I assure you foxka and I are somewhat aware of the rules

But yes now that I read a message I missed, this isnt the place a new thread should be made it seems

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I It’s always been accidental/unavoidable/stray bullets crossfire isn’t, that is why Accidental is bolded. mainly up to discretion after that for avoidable crossfire/etc

tho t-on-t crossfire has always been worded the way it has in motd

so could probably be cleaned up a bit more overall

also ye new thread for this
Here's my stance on the Mass RDM thing. I see it as a necessary evil. That being said, I do totally agree with Laced, it should be up to the discretion of the active staff member. That's why we don't have a bot that automatically bans people as soon as they commit three RDM's or attempted RDM 3 times in a round.

I think we should KEEP the permanent ban though. If it's anything it's a deterrent for mass RDM.

tl;dr
staff think thonk, keep permaban cause deterrent

To add on a little bit to that, if people really do get banned for mass they can just make a ban request. It's not like we deny every request we get. I mean, I've +1'd every one of them that have my name on it.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
As far as the whole mass rule change, I feel that mass via grenade and dumbo (basically new players to the server or gamemode who have no clue what they are doing or don't know the server rules too well) should be a month ban.
(03-06-2020, 12:34 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: From the staff Guidelines:
[Image: Screenshot_20200306-112447_Docs.jpg]
From the Rules:
[Image: Screenshot_20200306-113233_Chrome.jpg]

However I will ask that this thread remains on topic, as crossfire is not the focus of this thread. Please make a new thread if the discussion needs to continue. All suggestions will be taken into consideration.
Well, in that case, you need to teach the mods the rules because I have been slain countless times for accidental inno-on-inno spray-based rdm.

(03-06-2020, 12:42 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: I will admit that the crossfire rulings probably need cleaned up a bit.
While you're at it, fix the entire fucking rulebook. Some things are retardedly only sus (like denying the detective the ability to get DNA off someone who was knifed).
FIX THAT SHIT!
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
(03-06-2020, 03:59 PM)Saitama Wrote: Well, in that case, you need to teach the mods the rules because I have been slain countless times for accidental inno-on-inno spray-based rdm.

(03-06-2020, 12:42 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: I will admit that the crossfire rulings probably need cleaned up a bit.
While you're at it, fix the entire fucking rulebook. Some things are retardedly only sus (like denying the detective the ability to get DNA off someone who was knifed).
FIX THAT SHIT!
Far as I know, most of the active staff we have on know that crossfire isnt slayable unless its t-on-t.
I have no input on mods and older staff who have been inactive. (Seen stuff similar happen)

Also where does it say you cant get DNA off someone who was knifed, wtf.
I just went through the motd and didn't see anything.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
Crossfire has a thread. It hurts me that it has to be discussed but hey...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I got a slay because a denying a detective DNA was apparently sus only. Last night.

Actually, the rules don't even discuss that.

I feel I should clarify: Someone took the body of an inno who was knifed and prevented the D from getting DNA from the body. I killed them so the D could get the DNA and we could hunt down the T. They were inno, reported me, and I was slain.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
That’s rdm yes tho we are still off track from the mass discussion

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~