Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Melo's suggestions: map death spawns, srv, and server in general
I'd like to propose a few changes and updates:

1. Edit the maps so that when you die you don't get teleported to a specified location. It's very annoying, especially when you want to quickly examine where your killer was when they sniped/shot you.

2. SRV rounds are fun as hell, but we rarely get them. Sometimes because there are AFK people that don't vote, but mostly because people forget. So I propose to either lower the amount of votes needed for SRV, or to have an SRV round at the end of every map. The latter is preferred.

3. I also wouldn't mind having the server down for a few hours to clean up the old files and update the plugins. It would be a nice thing to do periodically. Additionally, I'd like to request to add the Nyan Gun and the other dumb shit weapons on the collection in the Steam Workshop. Every time I login to the server I need to download those addons again, and that sucks a lot.
1. That's something no one can fix. That's just the gamemode itself. Not unless our developer decided to remake TTT gamemode entirely then that's the only way.

2. SRV is done by voting for it. If people refuse to vote for it, then there's no SRV. It'll take a bunch of votes in order for it to pass through. AFK players don't count towards the SRV voting though. Basically, let's say there's 32 players and 5 AFK, so 32 - 5 = 27 players, right? And then when an SRV starts, it just gets to 50% vote or something along those lines. But the voting can be removed if another player removed their vote or if they disconnect from the server. AFK as in like they're legitimately AFK, they're not moving or talking.

3. We did have something like Nyan Guns and dumb shits. They're one time usage and they're only when you randomly get it from the pointshop. Like a crate drop or something. But if we don't have this anymore, then it's possible they removed it due to bugs that they cannot fix due to the previous developer. You don't have to download the addons again, they're usually up-to-date, it just means you have a different version to the version we have. So basically whichever you have now may have been the problem. Basically, it should already automatically updates.

P.S. This is just my opinion, it's not that accurate but yeah.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.
1. This is often used by map creators to show their map credit. So its kind of unfair to take that from them when they did the work to make the map. Its also a lot of work over a small inconvenience and would require our server to use different versions of maps which people would otherwise already have downloaded from other servers.

2. I think the threshold should be a bit lower but not by much. Its true that special rounds are pretty uncommon. I understand why some people don't want to do special rounds, but we also have the limit for special rounds at one per map for a reason.

3. Yeah I think a lot of us want that
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
1. Ok, I can live with that :c

2. Yeah, anything that makes the SRV rounds a little bit more common is very welcome! :D