Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merlin's evidence recording tip
How may times has this happened to you?
You're recording evidence for a ban or abuse report and you alt tab out of the game to copy down nicks and steam ids when when wham you're stuck listening to a dubstep sample of the last 5 seconds of voice chat. Worst of all tabbing out is taking FOREVER between copying stuff from scoreboard. Introducing Garry's Mod Borderless Fullscreen Windowed mode, the app that is full screen but acts like a regular effin window for chrissake. 

Now when you tab out things appear on top of the game, and the game doesn't have a seizure on you. Copying that steam id? Do it quickly without missing out on that person spamming the n-word in chat. Person recently disconnected? Now you won't miss out on the notification in chat.

How does one obtain this magical power?
It's simple, just right click garry's mod in steam and click properties! Now click Set Launch Options.... In the window that pops up type "-windowed -noborder" without the quotes. Now start the game and get you multi-tasking on! You might say that you could do this with in-game settings, and I would say good luck lining up the window and seeing the whole thing.

This kind of tip normally sells for $19.99, but for a limited time you can have it for FREE. Just call 1-800-GIT-REKT-SKRUB.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Interesting, I’ll give this a try next time. Thanks for sharing.
I can't tell if this is a shitpost or not
Please teach us how to not upload hour long videos. Thanks friend.
Or use OBS and record only game window.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
(12-18-2018, 02:00 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: Or use OBS and record only game window.
Yeah but, with the windowed mode you can alt tab and do stuff without the lagging
[Image: giphy.gif]
This is what I've done for years to prevent the lag.
This isn't a shit post, but a genuine help thread and it does work.
Interesting. I have binds to my OBS startup, shift tab for steam access, and use my phone for discord and forums but this is a lot less complicated lol

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
You can do this on most games by the way, if not in steam's settings then in the game itself. A lot of games even give you the option upon startup, which is why I kinda thought this was common knowledge. But the more you know.