Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More PH content
Hey, I have played prop hunt for probably about 1400 of my 2k hours on Garry's Mod. Recently I've started making maps, most notably would be the two Prop Hunt maps I've created. I have staffed [cG]/CompactGamers for a long time and have a lot of experience with what would make a decent Prop Hunt map. I have done a lot of testing to make sure my maps have minimal exploits (and so far I believe there are none) These maps have been up for less than a week as of posting this thread and they have only got positive feedback so far. Only issue I have is the servers they are running on are usually dead, and the owner of cG doesn't update the gamemodes very often so he won't be adding my maps for a while.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/benakix/

If you take a look at my steam profile you'll be able to see the maps in my workshop submissions, the illusions one was made specifically for a high playerbase and the spice factory was made for a lower-medium playerbase but could still be fun with a lot of people as there is a lot of juking opportunity and T-pose spots. I would appreciate if you could check my maps out and possible consider adding them to your server and letting me know what kind of feedback/response you get from the community about them. I wouldn't say I'm anywhere near wolvindra's level at mapmaking yet, but I think my maps are a lot better than a lot of the current crap people run (dirtydiner, littletown, haunted asylum, etc) they are just boring and poorly optimized. These two are just my first attempts at making a prop hunt map so I'd like to see what they'd be like on a server with a more consistent playerbase until the owner of the communty I staff for gets around to adding my maps, it'd give me an idea of what was good about the maps and what was bad about them so I know what to improve on next time.
Feel free to add me on steam and contact me about the maps or if you have anything to ask about them, as I said they've been tested throughout many hours before I published them and a lot of love and time has been put into them (probably about 90 hours for illusion, and 65 for spice?) Do feel free to contact me with your thoughts about this.   The prop hunt community lacks decent mappers and the only map I have ever seen that isn't made by wolvindra that I would consider good is festive mansion. So I'd like to change that and bring the Prop Hunt community some new content, currently working on my third map that I plan to make even better with custom props and such.

Thanks in advance for taking time to read and please do contact me via steam if there are any updates regarding this!

-mallow
Hey these look really cool. I don't think we're adding any new maps as of now, but when we do we'll definitely look at these especially since they have 40+ spawns.
We aren't currently looking for new maps, like Yeezy said, but when we do we'll definitely look at them  :D
[Image: Disney-Princess-Gifs-Princess-Moana-disn...70-365.gif]
I don’t know if either will respond, but @An Ol' Spicy Keychain and @~$$~blackcatthegreat (can’t tag) are both mappers who are in our community. If you would like professional feedback or help they are the ones to ask. Personally I like the look of spice factory and it seems like a fun map to play on.
"lets fuck lycan" -Starky
For Illusions, it's pretty mismatchy, but of a prop hunt map it works alright. teleport exits should maybe be marked a bit better. The secret room should be marked after the first person finds it or after a bit of time so no one can camp it, Unless you already put in some sort of forced exit mechanic i didn't stick around long enough to find out about. Lots of props to turn into and the randomness does help in blending in. If you decide to go back in maybe add some details around the rooms and maybe lower the ceilings in some rooms since a bunch of square boxes is fairly plane to look at. Brighter lighting could be nice since most of the map uses dark textures, and not just the yellow color, some *Really* light blue, to the point of basically being white, lights can look nice. Experiment around with lighting, it can make maps look much better.

Spice and Co is pretty nice, it shows that it is the second as there are some better practices or steps or whatever used. Lighting is a bit weird in how you use one lightbulb to light big rooms, you should use multiple lights to light big and medium rooms, even smaller rooms would need multiple lights. Some texture misalignments around the map and some props like the shelves in the... Foreman's room?? i guess... are backwards. Besides some detail work, prop love by pushing them against floors, walls and rotating some and geometry/room design these maps are good sturdy maps that with some more time and experience can become great.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
Spice factory looks nice
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
I am a bit late, but I will look into these. Thanks for the suggestion!