Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr.Potato but TTT Staff
I thought a good bit on this one, looked back on how you staffed on PH, and looked at how you act on TTT. 
Yes, you do know the rules and you are extremely friendly to all players. But, my main concern is you are bull headed stubborn as all heck. I have seen you argue with the Mods, other Tmods besides myself, and Trusted about simple things. The day you angrily resigned, was one of those over a simple thing. We didn't have enough evidence for a pair of ghosters and you just called it quits, gave it. I don't want to see what happened on PH, happen over here with the staff at TTT. You're a wonderful player no doubt, but I do worry about that. 
I know I'm not the best staff to be speaking about this because I am quite stubborn myself and have disputes over quite stupid things but they don't result in a resignation out of anger. 
Due to this I will be remaining neutral for the fact of I trust you enough to believe you can change. 
+0
Edit: 
I did edit this comment, rushed the first one a tad much to where it was not stated correctly, apologies.
[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
I came here from Ph to +0, but give an idea of what he was like on PH.

There has been plenty of time between you resigning, and coming here, so maybe you're different but, this is how he was on PH.
Often times he would punish quickly, sometimes it was without warning or regards to proper protocols (yes guidelines but in some instances, should fully be followed.)
When he recorded evidence, and it wasn't proper enough for a ban, we would try to help him, or give him pointers on how to improve. We also explained why the evidence had to be clear, as it could lead to an unban and future issues on server. When we tried to help, it often led to him lashing out and disappearing for a day or so.
He knew the prop hunt rules extremely well, as I'm sure he does TTT as well now too. However, I see him as mentally unfit to carry out staff role on any servers, as he cannot take criticism or help, SPECIALLY when it's most needed.
He is highly stubborn and argued the smallest simplest things, and when he didnt get his way, he threw a tiny tamptrum or fit and again, disappeared for a few days. This happened quite a bit during his staff period.

He also staffed sometimes quite harshly, and while this can be fixed with guidance from a mentor, I know this will be a hard fix. As he is stubborn.

I like you as a person potato, so none of this is coming from any harsh feelings. I just personally feel you're inadequate for a staff position until you learn to take criticism and help, and keep the anger under control. Those are your worst issues that need worked on.
I truly hope that you have grown since your resignation, as you were fun to play with honestly. I wish you the best and a future staff position.
I would like to thank Nuru for bringing this up, if I do get accepted I would love to have proper training by a Moderator or an Admin.
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
Your application has been declined. You may reapply 1/31/19. The Admin Team feels like you need more time to prove that you have overcome the issues that occured when you were staff on PH. In order to be a part of an efficient staff team, one must be able to clearly and coherently communicate with each other and be able to take criticism and pointers from one another. One must also be able to handle disagreements with other staff members without unleashing anger and calling it quits. Also try to get in some ban requests if you can and try to continue to make a name for yourself among the TTT community to make yourself stand out among others applicants. Work on these things and you will succeed in becoming staff in the future.

(12-31-2018, 12:43 AM)Mr.Potato Wrote: I would like to thank Nuru for bringing this up, if I do get accepted I would love to have proper training by a Moderator or an Admin.

Also going to reiterate that it is the responsibility of the sponsor to train the person they sponsor and to act in a mentor-like capacity to ensure that the person they sponsor knows how to navigate being staff on TTT, explaining commands, ensuring they know the importance of communication between staff members, and helping them have a solid understanding of the rules and how to handle tougher situations.