Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder Concerns/Suggestions
These are just some thoughts I had that are issues of concern or could be implemented in the server.

1. Names: I think this was talked about last night, but the custom names are kind of unnecessary on the server. It makes it hard to tell who is doing something, like if the murderer is AFK or if someone is door blocking.  We can just turn them off and have the regular Steam names.

2. Disable Kill and Explode binds: Kill and explode binds can be problematic as they allow people to kill themselves in front of other players claiming the other player is the murderer. Unlike TTT where you can ID the body, in Murder you just see a dead body so there is no way of knowing whether the player was killed or just suicided.

a fix could be: https://pastebin.com/tvP8XXw9

3. Knives: This was an idea @"[Red]Starky" and I (mainly Starky) thought about. As some of you know, PH got custom knives to use a few weeks ago so what if we add them here and have them replace the default knife when you have one equipped.

4. Power Rounds: Power Rounds are a script the add custom rounds to a lot of gamemodes, mainly Murder. I don't know if this is what we use for TTT, but this would be a great addition to Murder.

link: https://www.gmodstore.com/scripts/view/401/

5. RDM: Are we going to allow the Bystander with the gun to randomly shoot people at random? I mean if they shoot another bystander, they go blind and drop the gun, but if we don't allow it how are we going to enforce it. We can't just add a slay to the person for killing the random guy, but having it set to where the shooter dies when he shoots another bystander would just be unfair if they shot a person by accident trying to kill the murderer.

I know the rules haven't been made yet, but I feel this something to think about.

@"Dakota" (insert working @"Dinkleberg >:(" here)
I think the custom knives is a great idea. Could be something to put in the shop and sell for a ton of points as an incentive to play.

I'm not sure removing the kill/explode binds is a good idea though. Sometimes people just need to kill themselves. Maybe they managed to get stuck in a wall or something and no staff is on.

The names was pretty confusing for the couple rounds I played. I could recognize the voices, but with guests and others, it will really just be a mess. I'm guessing staff would be able to tell who is who but honestly, it doesn't seem necessary.

Good suggestions
(01-16-2018, 02:11 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: I think the custom knives is a great idea. Could be something to put in the shop and sell for a ton of points as an incentive to play.

I'm not sure removing the kill/explode binds is a good idea though. Sometimes people just need to kill themselves. Maybe they managed to get stuck in a wall or something and no staff is on.

The names was pretty confusing for the couple rounds I played. I could recognize the voices, but with guests and others, it will really just be a mess. I'm guessing staff would be able to tell who is who but honestly, it doesn't seem necessary.

Good suggestions

We can add the !stuck command from prop hunt if people get stuck, it should just transfer over.
(01-16-2018, 10:38 AM)Yeezy Jeezy Wrote: These are just some thoughts I had that are issues of concern or could be implemented in the server.

1. Names: I think this was talked about last night, but the custom names are kind of unnecessary on the server. It makes it hard to tell who is doing something, like if the murderer is AFK or if someone is door blocking.  We can just turn them off and have the regular Steam names.

2. Disable Kill and Explode binds: Kill and explode binds can be problematic as they allow people to kill themselves in front of other players claiming the other player is the murderer. Unlike TTT where you can ID the body, in Murder you just see a dead body so there is no way of knowing whether the player was killed or just suicided.

a fix could be: https://pastebin.com/tvP8XXw9

3. Knives: This was an idea @"[Red]Starky" and I (mainly Starky) thought about. As some of you know, PH got custom knives to use a few weeks ago so what if we add them here and have them replace the default knife when you have one equipped.

4. Power Rounds: Power Rounds are a script the add custom rounds to a lot of gamemodes, mainly Murder. I don't know if this is what we use for TTT, but this would be a great addition to Murder.

link: https://www.gmodstore.com/scripts/view/401/

5. RDM: Are we going to allow the Bystander with the gun to randomly shoot people at random? I mean if they shoot another bystander, they go blind and drop the gun, but if we don't allow it how are we going to enforce it. We can't just add a slay to the person for killing the random guy, but having it set to where the shooter dies when he shoots another bystander would just be unfair if they shot a person by accident trying to kill the murderer.

I know the rules haven't been made yet, but I feel this something to think about.

@"Dakota" (insert working @"Dinkleberg >:(" here)
Alright so lets see here. 

1. Custom names are not ENTIRELY needed, and I do think they should be removed in some conditions, but others I think it is a cool feature. I do think the avatars and stuff should still be hidden while alive. Mainly, its because from a staff member prospective I would like to know who is saying what. I have a question on this: If they have the hidden names can they be targeted by their hidden name through ulx commands? (i.e. I was foxtrot, could someone per say use !gag foxtrot) Would it work on me because that is my hidden name for the time being? If they can't be it wouldn't be a good idea, because if some random starts screaming racism, and you cant target them until the end of the round you have really delayed punishment.

2. I personally think Kill/Explode should not be removed, its honestly so fun to walk into a crowd and kill bind watching them panic. I do understand your concern of random people being killed, but there is a way to turn off friendly fire. The victim will respawn while the bystander w/gun will just die for shooting the wrong person. I will get into this in a later point of this post.

3. There is a way to implement custom knives. When you become the murderer your knife instead of the default knife becomes the knife you have equip. Doing this would add a lot of variety, something to work for, and a huge addiction to opening crates. Knives would need to be updated or added every so often to keep it fresh or we would need enough to have a good variety.

4. Yes! Do this! No questions asked! 100% allow at least 2 of these a map. Please! This brings A LOT of attention.

5. There is a custom command for this, it makes it where the bystander w/gun dies if they shoot the wrong person. THIS IS A HIGHLY NEEDED FEATURE. This will eliminate RDM altogether, other then the rare off chance someone spawns and instantly shoots the murderer. Which, in murder when someone kills another it is broadcasted in chat. (If I can get the script I will link it here.)

(I am working on drafting rules/guidelines with given permission from Dink)

Also, you can't tag Dinkleberg. I'll just send him the post no worries.
1. I agree the names are not needed in a successful murder server.

2. I like kill binds in murder, sometimes you get murderer 5 times in a row or bystander with the gun five times in a row (has happened with me a couple of times) and you want to give others the chance to get them.

3.Knives, uh without a doubt loll, murder is a simple game mode, so stressing what addons the server has is very important.

4.Yesss I love power rounds on murder. Murder is the game mode I play the second most on gmod lol, these power rounds help keep the players engaged with the game and helps spice things up.

5.I'm pretty sure someone will figure out something with those rules. I know one server that I go on has a warning-kick-ban policy. Although I think it could be more effective :)

So pretty much, I think these ideas are great  :D
[Image: Disney-Princess-Gifs-Princess-Moana-disn...70-365.gif]
With the murder server Ive staffed, I liked the custom names and we had a command to print playernames that corresponded to the custom names in console/chat for the staff member to see. So that could be an option. Knives sound cool. Power rounds always made the game more interesting.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(01-16-2018, 09:59 PM)Avi Wrote: With the murder server Ive staffed, I liked the custom names and we had a command to print playernames that corresponded to the custom names in console/chat for the staff member to see. So that could be an option.  Knives sound cool. Power rounds always made the game more interesting.

Thanks. With that command I have no problem with custom names.
The custom names are a part of Murder, it isnt too hard to just look in logs.

Custom Knives are cool and what about custom revolvers?? or maybe a gun that makes more sense to only have on shot then a revolver??? Could be cool. But dont add any weapons that give advantages over other players. There should only be two weapons, revolver and knife, they can appear however, but they should *always* function the same despite looks.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
not too sure how i feel about skins on murder because it kinda ruins the suspense but it does make for some funny moments when someone yells its a purple Micheal Jackson skeleton lol
[Image: KEURa1F.gif]
imo the generic names help the murderer blend in and play more subversively, especially because having steam names will make changing into another person more difficult to pull off as the murderer
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]