Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Ranks
Has their ever been talk of more ranks? 
I would love to see a new rank for like 1 week, 1 month, etc. 
Once you hit the cap it's sad to have nothing to look forward too.  :D
(06-13-2018, 09:34 AM)Mosh Pit Shaka Brah Wrote: Has their ever been talk of more ranks? 
Timesink - Person with most time on server
Tryhard - Person with highest score-per-minute

Regular + - 1 week
Dedicated- 2 week
Staple- 1 month

Fun idea, I think it would be neat. 
I doubt it’ll happen, since staff have to manually change the ranks themselves, I don’t think they would want to make more work for themselves. It would be a pain to do that all the time; it would have to be automated.
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

(06-13-2018, 09:46 AM)ReThink Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 09:34 AM)Mosh Pit Shaka Brah Wrote: Has their ever been talk of more ranks? 
Timesink - Person with most time on server
Tryhard - Person with highest score-per-minute

Regular + - 1 week
Dedicated- 2 week
Staple- 1 month

Fun idea, I think it would be neat. 
I doubt it’ll happen, since staff have to manually change the ranks themselves, I don’t think they would want to make more work for themselves. It would be a pain to do that all the time; it would have to be automated.

The servers have gtawards which autoranks for member/master/regular, so they would just have to add the ranks to there. I don't think this is a bad idea, Im just neutral on it.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
Idk, after member you already have all of the commands you would get - guess I'm neutral

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(06-13-2018, 10:52 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Idk, after member you already have all of the commands you would get - guess I'm neutral

I think he is suggesting new ranks to reflect playtime, not any actual new content.
Steam Workshop Items:

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)

We are conversing about the matter and will let you know about our descion.
lol I like the tryhard goal.

(06-13-2018, 11:00 AM)ReThink Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 10:52 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Idk, after member you already have all of the commands you would get - guess I'm neutral

I think he is suggesting new ranks to reflect playtime, not any actual new content.

Exactly. having a goal to meet a rank helps people stay on longer I think
(06-13-2018, 10:39 PM)Mosh Pit Shaka Brah Wrote: lol I like the tryhard goal.

(06-13-2018, 11:00 AM)ReThink Wrote:

Exactly. having a goal to meet a rank helps people stay on longer I think

The issue I have with it is most of the higher play timed players are either staff or donors so no other rank will show for them. Which means it would only show for regs. Also noting that a lot of the tryhards now make players not wanna play with them, so if they got a title for it I feel that they would only get worse.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(06-13-2018, 10:50 PM)Traitor Wrote: Also noting that a lot of the tryhards now make players not wanna play with them, so if they got a title for it I feel that they would only get worse.
If you mean to say tryhards are harassing players, then that's a separate issue that should be dealt with.

If you're saying that people don't like playing with tryhards because they don't like being beaten, then I don't know what to tell you. It's a game, and people get competitive. There's always a winner and a loser, but a game like TTT is almost always enjoyable either way due to the nature and how much you try to get involved in the game.

Not gonna lie, it's a good feeling seeing that win counter go up. If I see i'm within striking distance, I'm going to go for the win. Other times, I'll fuck around and use smgs only, etc.
I'm guessing many players are similar in practice, and don't see how giving people titles for playtime would actively hurt the playerbase, you definitely need to elaborate on that.

Edit:
I'm also fairly certain you could override which tags are prioritized to be displayed on the tab menu. I'm not sure how attributes/roles are assigned, but almost any system should allow multiple roles and setting which one should display above another without interfering with function, unless it's set up jank as fuck.
Steam Workshop Items:

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)

(06-13-2018, 11:01 PM)ReThink Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 10:50 PM)Traitor Wrote: Also noting that a lot of the tryhards now make players not wanna play with them, so if they got a title for it I feel that they would only get worse.
If you mean to say tryhards are harassing players, then that's a separate issue that should be dealt with.

If you're saying that people don't like playing with tryhards because they don't like being beaten, then I don't know what to tell you. It's a game, and people get competitive. There's always a winner and a loser, but a game like TTT is almost always enjoyable either way due to the nature and how much you try to get involved in the game.

Not gonna lie, it's a good feeling seeing that win counter go up. If I see i'm within striking distance, I'm going to go for the win. Other times, I'll fuck around and use smgs only, etc.
I'm guessing many players are similar in practice, and don't see how giving people titles for playtime would actively hurt the playerbase, you definitely need to elaborate on that.

Edit:
I'm also fairly certain you could override which tags are prioritized to be displayed on the tab menu. I'm not sure how attributes/roles are assigned, but almost any system should allow multiple roles and setting which one should display above another without interfering with function, unless it's set up jank as fuck.
We are talking about PH not ttt.... And when a player kills 6 props in 1 minute it gets kinda annoying
[Image: giphy.gif]