Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Ranks
(06-13-2018, 11:11 PM)You Traitor Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 11:01 PM)ReThink Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 10:50 PM)Traitor Wrote: Also noting that a lot of the tryhards now make players not wanna play with them, so if they got a title for it I feel that they would only get worse.
If you mean to say tryhards are harassing players, then that's a separate issue that should be dealt with.

If you're saying that people don't like playing with tryhards because they don't like being beaten, then I don't know what to tell you. It's a game, and people get competitive. There's always a winner and a loser, but a game like TTT is almost always enjoyable either way due to the nature and how much you try to get involved in the game.

Not gonna lie, it's a good feeling seeing that win counter go up. If I see i'm within striking distance, I'm going to go for the win. Other times, I'll fuck around and use smgs only, etc.
I'm guessing many players are similar in practice, and don't see how giving people titles for playtime would actively hurt the playerbase, you definitely need to elaborate on that.

Edit:
I'm also fairly certain you could override which tags are prioritized to be displayed on the tab menu. I'm not sure how attributes/roles are assigned, but almost any system should allow multiple roles and setting which one should display above another without interfering with function, unless it's set up jank as fuck.
We are talking about PH not ttt.... And when a player kills 6 props in 1 minute it gets kinda annoyingly
I’m using ttt as an example, as thats what I play. And sure, I can see that, but that’s the name of the game, no?
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

I kinda think its a great idea. Because for players who arent actually able to donate it can help them work to get other stuff. (like point wise)

master
regular
dedicated
staple
elite

maybe give them different things that way people will have the motivation to work for something on the server. (obviously you can change the titles to something else) instead of just getting regular and then not playing anymore because they accomplished everything

and then maybe make different donor packages.
(06-14-2018, 09:12 AM)Daddy Shank Wrote: I kinda think its a great idea. Because for players who arent actually able to donate it can help them work to get other stuff. (like point wise)

master
regular
dedicated
staple
elite

maybe give them different things that way people will have the motivation to work for something on the server.  (obviously you can change the titles to something else) instead of just getting regular and then not playing anymore because they accomplished everything

and then maybe make different donor packages.

I think more donor packages/ranks would be extremely beneficial. Possibly even bring in more money to the server to be put towards improvements.
As for ranks, there are some that never get donor/staff that slowly fall off the face of the earth because they feel after they reach master/regular status there's not much more to gain.
Ummm Mind if I put an opinion here even though it is old. This may seem like a good idea in theory but if a new player looks at someone like Speedy, AD, BlackCat, and Bloodpluss and see they have a rank like that then they would get discouraged from playing on the server when they know the sweatiest people are going to be more recognized more than a new player like themselves.