Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ObjHunt vs Wolvin's: Enhanced Prop Hunt?
Sup, PH nerds.

The Dev Team will soon be making their way over to PH to fix your shitty server. One of the major improvements that will happen is completely changing the version of Prop Hunt used. For reference, we're still running the really broken and abandoned basic version from forever ago. We're currently looking at two different PH variants to switch to; either ObjHunt or Wolvin's: Enhanced Prop Hunt. Both seem to offer a lot of great improvements over what we currently have but we're not quite sure which one to follow through with. Does anyone here have experience with both game modes? What are their benefits and detriments? We have a few abandonware addons we can retrofit to either if need be, however we also have a few actively developed addons to consider (I'd say PS2 is one, but Kamshack made a million off it and ran to the hills).

Any input whatsoever will help with the version we decide to start working on. Once we start working on it, we'll be working with the PH upper staff to make sure y'all get the best product possible. Cheers, all!
Both have been brought up, but I never got around to testing them. Enhanced Prop Hunt was put down afuckinwhileago due to lag problems, but maybe with the recent optimizations being made to the server it may not be a problem anymore. I will look into both and get back to ya.

But the current version of prophunt is fucking broken. Shitty hitboxes, people always asking "How do I lock rotation" "How do I taunt", shit weapon variety in vanilla, shitty 2009 memes, shit physics in general

Im down.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(03-24-2017, 10:45 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Enhanced Prop Hunt was put down afuckinwhileago due to lag problems, but maybe with the recent optimizations being made to the server it may not be a problem anymore.

So the optimizations you're referencing have almost entirely been made on the TTT side. When we head over to your neck of the woods, I don't know what we'll be able to do. Again, we're in the planning stages.

That being said, EPH has been updated pretty recently and may no longer have the lag issues you encountered the last time you tried it. I don't know Prop Hunt and I don't know what y'all are really seeking in it. Really, the dev team's job is just to make it functional, optimized, and configure the addons to be compatible.
From the looks of Enhanced PH, its easy as fuck to fix, just disable PS2 PH integration and bump up points over time to balance it out.
As for ObjHunters, it has too many features for me to really take a liking to. I like the prop feedback and shit but here are some things wrong with it.
Quote:large props can tackle filing cabinets, small props cannot
This can easily lead to propkills.
Quote:Variable taunt pitch
c a n c e r
Quote:Props don't simply disappear when they die, they ragdoll into klieners.
If enough are made in the right place it can have problems with doors. Default gmod ragdolls are fucking broken unlike TTT ragdolls, and can go apeshit in doors and cause lag.
Quote:Variable step heights, smaller props good luck getting up stairs!
Fuck no.
Enhanced Prophunt is the way to go, i'll test it for problems once I get home.
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
(03-24-2017, 10:55 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: EDIT: From the looks of Enhanced PH, its easy as fuck to fix, just disable PS2 PH integration and bump up points over time to balance it out.

You've seen the issues with disabling PS2. Besides, there's a fix on the Steam page to ensure integration.
(03-24-2017, 10:56 AM)Mr_Rippe Wrote:
(03-24-2017, 10:55 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: EDIT: From the looks of Enhanced PH, its easy as fuck to fix, just disable PS2 PH integration and bump up points over time to balance it out.

You've seen the issues with disabling PS2. Besides, there's a fix on the Steam page to ensure integration.

I didnt say disable PS2, I can easily turn off the prophunt integration to PS2 which gives you points for killing people and shit like that. No need to bother dink to recode it.
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
(03-24-2017, 11:04 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I didnt say disable PS2, I can easily turn off the prophunt integration to PS2 which gives you points for killing people and shit like that. No need to bother dink to recode it.

Dink would want the points per kill if we could make it work. Besides, we'd just be zipping what we end up with and sending it to him to mount.

So I just read your dressdown of ObjHunt @RussEfarmer and those are valid concerns. When we start working on PH, we'll use EPH as the platform. Unless there are major protests from the community, of course.
I'm completely on the train for EPH. I've been on other servers that have updated and it's just fine. Any lag comes from the server itself. They vary, of course.
I haven't been on ObjHunt and from what Russ stated, fuck that. Too many problems to be assed.
[Image: giphy.gif]
PH Trusted & Murder Mod
--
Fozzy is gay
--
Loocan & Burrio are my bbies
I hardly ever play PH but you should go with EPH fo sho
[Image: 7onE1Qa.png]
I am t-  J - s not t - G - s and especially not the plural of tj. That would be retarded.
Why don't we just remove prophunt entirely.
[Image: giphy.gif]