Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Old Man Voss Power Abuse
Steam Name: Old Man Voss
Steam ID: volfvoss
What They Did: They kicked a player (Zombill) from the server when Zombill hadn't even loaded in successfully yet. I am his brother and he doesn't have a very fast computer, so he loads in slightly slowly, and Old Man Voss kicked him from the server because of "staying in unasigned" when he didn't even have a chance to pick a team. I understand that to most this wouldn't be a big deal but it took nearly half and hour for his computer to load the level and be able to enter the game. It caused a lot of lost time and honestly it ruined our future gameplay for the rest of the night. I believe that since no proper warning was given since Zombill could not have seen the chat that this was unfair and shouldn't go un-noticed. 
When They Did It: At about 4am on the 22nd of July. An hour or so before the posting of this thread.
Witnesses: Zombill (the person who was wronged), Mochi_Kittea
Proof: I have a SS of the conversation.
This is the ZOMBILL. I am the person who was kicked unjustly. It really ruined my whole game play night. I think My brother said it all. I didn't have the chance to defend myself, to stick up for myself, speak up for myself. Very unprofessional. It would have taken me another half hour just to get back on & be able to ask the person why they kicked me or what had happened. That would also have been futile as the person surely would have prevented me from doing so in the same fashion. I think it should take more than a fast computer to be a moderator or an admin. Someone cabable of making rational descisions. Not everyone is signing in from a super computer.
Here's what went down.

https://youtu.be/_QivbSMBE2o

SND Dawnedge, why didn't you say anything about your brothers computer till after the fact. you saw the warnings yet chose to ignore them.
I can understand your frustrations with this issue, however I'd like to ask a little more information concerning the amount of players present at the time of kicking. If the server was full and your brother was appearing to be AFK, there is a common act of kicking AFK's so other players who are not AFK can play. If this is not the case, then we will have to wait out Old Man Voss's response to this thread.

Thank you for this report, and thank you for playing on Dinks servers.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
(07-22-2018, 06:37 AM)King Tiger Ace Fasda22 Wrote: I can understand your frustrations with this issue, however I'd like to ask a little more information concerning the amount of players present at the time of kicking. If the server was full and your brother was appearing to be AFK, there is a common act of kicking AFK's so other players who are not AFK can play. If this is not the case, then we will have to wait out Old Man Voss's response to this thread.

Thank you for this report, and thank you for playing on Dinks servers.

There were alot of players however it was not by any means a full server, there were about 30 players on at the time. And in reference to Old Man Voss' response, I hadn't seen any warnings to be honest, I didn't know to look for them. I was looking for props afterall, I don't pay much attention to the chat while playing.
Chiming in from TTT land, but I don't see any abuse here, personally. There was no way Voss was to know whether your bro could have seen the chat or not. He followed normal protocol by putting a warning in chat and then continuing with kicking when there was no response. No way to tell if loading in or just AFK/sitting in spec. I understand it sucks and all, but staff do not have any way of telling the difference.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
If it took about a half hour that actually lines up with the adk standards, we usually allow up to 5 rounds, which takes just under 30min, before a kick for being afk occurs. If Voss didn't offer a warning for afk players to join a team a round before then that is a different story but it looks more like he said it but your brother could not see it because he was still loading. Since he was taking so long and he is your brother you could have informed Voss that his computer was taking a long time to load so he wouldn't be kicked for being afk.
@SND Dawnedge and @ZOMBILL It was the 4th round of the game and Voss did in fact warn all of unassigned to join a team or they would be kicked. Voss in no way shape or form abuse his powers. In fact if you are to read the rules which are given to you as you enter the game (or if you type !motd in game chat) that you are not allowed to sit in unassigned. These rules can also be found here: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thread-PH-Rules. Also as many other have said, if your brother was in fact having issues then you should of told Voss what was going on. I find it hard to believe that you were not paying attention to chat like you had mentioned because there were miltiple occasions where you were talking to others in chat. If you chose to ignore what was being said then that is on you not Voss.
Saw the video and Old Man Voss did everything correct in that situation. To prove how chill he was, during the fact that you were resorting to name calling, threatening to report (which you did obviously), and that you wished to kick him, he only aids you in finding the forums to plead your case. He was very professional about the situation and your brother's computer problems are not Voss' fault.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
As Voss has followed our rules and guidlines on this very well, I am going to lock this since no abuse occurred. In the future @SND Dawnedge I would suggest letting staff that are on that he is still loading in so nothing like this will happen in the future.
[Image: giphy.gif]