Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PH - Map Edit suggestions
This is mainly for people who knows how to edit maps.

Hence I am wondering if some maps can be adjusted to both help against illegal spots making some staff's job easier, mainly those that are playing.

One such thing I do know is it's possible to make invisible script boxes, for things such as teleport and kill. And even invisible boxes that just plain solid.

I've seen the !spots, and some are pretty common such as under the broken cars.

Solution 1: Solid invisible box under the cars. Plain and simple. But the cars themselves shouldn't be able to move by pushes, such as the one from Gas Station, but not from Motel Black.

Solution 2: In case of the moving heavy non-grab-able props, such as the cars of motel as example. Would it be possible to make solid boxes that are linked under the cars, so when the cars move, the boxes follows.

But it's more up to the map editing team to see it thru if possible.
I know I don't have too much say in what goes on in PH, since it is very rare that I even join, but I do know about editing maps. For a map to be edited we would have to get permission from the map creator to even touch it.
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
Some maps that you are speaking of, like the elementary school, already have some sort of edits so to speak, where individuals will suddenly die from gravity or would have to constantly move with less control to stay in some spots. I'm assuming that TheDerpGamer is correct in contacting the map creator, which in that case, who even knows if that person or persons is reachable.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(04-14-2018, 02:57 PM)TheDerpGamer Wrote: I know I don't have too much say in what goes on in PH, since it is very rare that I even join, but I do know about editing maps. For a map to be edited we would have to get permission from the map creator to even touch it.

Though in most cases it's only server side, meaning that as long as we don't remove the principle of the maps. It should be ok by most standards, as long as it's stays to the server and not shared.

(04-14-2018, 04:00 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: Some maps that you are speaking of, like the elementary school, already have some sort of edits so to speak, where individuals will suddenly die from gravity or would have to constantly move with less control to stay in some spots. I'm assuming that TheDerpGamer is correct in contacting the map creator, which in that case, who even knows if that person or persons is reachable.

Some I quite noticed, others such as modern house, has an invisible box on top of ferns that is impossible to get in, unless being flat and not possible to shoot thru. Plus it's a buggy map due to a gmod update in the past. In pirate ship, and crash once players land in the water they teleport elsewhere, in which I seen it being abuse a few times, but good hunters tend to catch on to where they land.

Derp is quite correct. Though the biggest issue mentioned is mostly "share" based, where people tend to share works that don't belong to them. You might ask the creators, though they usually agree when it stays in one spot.