Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PH Suggestions/Open Talk Thread.
Keeping the original but contact Sarcasm Guaranteed (Fish) instead.

Remake because I'm stupid and deleted the old one.
Official ph suggestions thread. Any comments not related to suggestions to better staff/server are going to be removed. Please suggest anything that is not on the do not suggest list (below). The rest is fair game. I want this to be up and going for a while, so I will be keeping this thread cleaned up. Please suggest things for the server, for staff, ways to improve ph, or report bugs here. I will do my best to keep track of them.

Keep track of what is added and when by visiting our changelog.

Things to NOT suggest right now:
- Playermodels
-

With that out of the way, this is the current master list I have going. I will also note all suggestions that are not currently approved/or denied here.

Color coding information
Completed
In progress
To be done

Things that need FIXED (aka bugs/glitches):
- Map vote/pictures
- Team chat (Dead cannot see alive chat)
- Chat colors (Master/Mod same, Member/Tmod same)
- Scoreboard Admin Color (Same as master)
- Dimmsdale Fishbowl Gravity Glitch (Contact Hillrop) Has been made aware of issue Contacted hillrop awaiting for fix
- Underwater map Glitch  (Maps underwater weapons don't always spawn)
- Warning system Looking for a new warning system
- TL;DR section to top of rules for dumbos like @RussEfarmer
- Betting has a delay for winnings
- Buff starting ammo (ar2, shotgun, and check the rest)
- Chat/Tags suggestions, aTag or Apple Chattags.
- Remove particles when jumping w/ jumppack (causes lag)
- Cosmetic removal bug (people on new map that joined on previous lose all cosmetics)
- Server needing a forceswap due to pointshop issues
-

Things to possibly add?:
- Bring back seasonal crates for major holidays Two crates have been fixed for holidays so far
- New trails
- Shotguns
- Knife crate 2 Dink contacted over this and is going to add knives for this
- Bring clue back, it's fixed
- Server message regarding daily rewards
-

Things to discuss/try with Dinkleberg
- New pets?
- Special rounds (Backburner project)
- Change staff requirements for ALL staff positions (Trusted at min of 80 hours)
- Server caps be increased. (Overflow 16 or more  and main 32 for maps sake) DISCUSSION IN PROGRESS
- Discuss with staff as well. Demotion protocols suggested by Voss.
- Cycling maps in and out seasonally, and if so, spooky scary being one, if not, making it a perm
- Bring back chalet/youturd
- Test a lower jumppack power in the test server(overflow)
- Something for the server adverts (They clog up the screen)
- Map rotation instead of map vote if map vote cannot be fixed.
-

Things to discuss with staff:
- Make under the car on fancy house legal
- Clearing up rules/discrepancies on spots and what makes them illegal, then address the community
-

Things to discuss within admins:
- Player of the month, pros and cons, and doability.

List of suggestions denied/not approved at this time:
- Giving users/donor the !friends command (After issues with donors overstepping is resolved.)
- Chat filter, too aggressive for us to attempt with while Dink is extremely busy
-

Thanks for coming to my Nuru talk. This list will be continuously updated.
(01-22-2020, 05:57 PM)leftjupiter18 Wrote: Ok so this is more of forum suggestion but it’s for ph, could we do a monthly post for player of the month polls or even just do it as a post and each person can write who they vote for.
A player of the month poll is a lot more complicated as theres far more players than there are staff. I'll debate this one over with fish on pros and cons and get back on this.

Also a much debated thing I’ve been hearing a lot of back and forth on is the amount of a prop that needs to be visible in map, some play it as pixel hunt while others hate anything where any bit isn’t visible
There's no set percentages right now or anything but we are going to set it up soon so that it is more clear and not at staff's discrepancy. We're going to make it more clear not only for you guys as players but the staff to so when they're enforcing illegal spots, they're on the same page.

(01-22-2020, 05:58 PM)Lt. Star Wrote: I don't feel like making the remarks I did last time so have bullets instead 
  • Increase Trusted hours to either 80 or 100
  • Map pics on selection screen 
  • Reduce sever cap from 40 to 32 (Voss's suggestion) This one i think was supposed to be for them to go up not down
  • Inactive staff demotions (Another Voss)
  • Chat filter, I know its aggressive but can it be edited? 
  • Bring back the Clue map, it was fixed idk why its gone
That's it for now
Done and adding now. Thank you.
Also chat filter was denied due to the aggression on it and due to it not being something admins can access (so that if it fucks up and is still aggressive, it doesn't take months to remove) It's just easier for us as staff to handle it rather than leave it to a bot that'll abuse people accidentally.

(01-22-2020, 11:27 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: (Everything shortened by myself, chat suggestions)

Download. Colors are located in cl_chat_apple_tag.lua

Alternatively, aTags allows you to edit all chat tags in game any way you want for any group or user, but can be confusing to configure properly. I recommend this for flexability purposes, but it would take time to learn and configure everything properly.

I personally have experience with aTags and prefer it and it's fun. It allows custom mod tags/names for each individual. I'll set this to low priority for the time being as ours isnt broken, just annoying. I like this suggestion tysm. Keeping the other incase dink dislikes aTags.
(01-23-2020, 10:25 AM)Mr Voss Wrote: The suggestion is to reduce main to 32 and overflow back to 16 or up to 20.
yes this nuru fucked up down with main and up with overflow and its now corrected. Also for this post alone please do not use overly sized text/centered text. It's hard to fix when im short on time for replying here. Just this thread only please and thank you ♥
(01-23-2020, 12:03 PM)leftjupiter18 Wrote: Ok not so much of a suggestion but a question, which maps that were taken off before would have a possibility of making their way back into the server. 

Also I’ve been playing more often and I’ve realized that even though spooky scary map is a seasonal map, players seem to love it. So maybe we should just keep it possibly?
any map thats ever removed always has a chance to come back, if they're removed its because its currently not popular or broken. Also as others stated all retired maps are at the bottom of the spots list. As for spooky scary I still prefer personally that we cycle it in and out yearly (if possible with dink in and out) for halloween/fall time myself. I will get a poll on this AFTER i speak to dink on him being able to cycle maps in and out like we want.
(01-23-2020, 12:48 PM)§6UNO Wrote: Personally I would like to see challet (sp?) back if the cap is lowered to 32 and youturd since the unstuck thing is now fixed.
If we get the cap lowered I'd be willing to bring back many of the maps removed that were broken due to spawn points/unstuck.

(01-24-2020, 03:14 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: -summary about jumpack power lowered here-
As i already told you before I'll have it tested in the test server but I cannot do that until later when dink is able to be around a bit for testing purposes. Please be patient.
(01-24-2020, 08:38 AM)§6UNO Wrote: I think this topic deserves its own discussion thread. I feel that lowering the jump power will handicap the majority of players widening the gap between our top players and casual players. Not being able to get to a place where you were previously able to before is just going to piss off people. A lot of people have trouble jumping with precision even with the current jump pack.  Unless there is some exploit people are using regarding the jump pack I think its parameters are fine. Its not broke, dont fix it.
While I personally agree with the if it's not broke don't fix it sentiment, I'm still willing to do a test period. It is better to test it rather than ignore something that does bother -some- players. The majority like it, but as russ said, since the increase in power, there's also been an increase in competitiveness. This is something I'm willing to try to cut it down. Also this doesn't need it's own thread. This one is to be cleaned regularly and it's an open talk/suggestions thread. This is the reason it was created.

-My own suggestions added-
I'm going to be testing as I said in discord, several ways to down the competitiveness. Right now, I'd like as many suggestions as possible from you guys on how to achieve this. Please and thank you.
Updated to color codes so it's visible whats being done and not done, and what is completed.

Thank u nicol for idea u sweet angel
I didn't see this on the list of things that need to be addressed, so ill say it here.  The pointshop needs to be added back to the overflow server.  The server has been without it for a long time.  I know that other things may be more important then adding it back, but if you could give staff an update when the pointshop will be added back, that will be much appreciated.  Thx Nuru.
(04-07-2020, 06:24 PM)[test]pianoman4490 Wrote: I didn't see this on the list of things that need to be addressed, so ill say it here.  The pointshop needs to be added back to the overflow server.  The server has been without it for a long time.  I know that other things may be more important then adding it back, but if you could give staff an update when the pointshop will be added back, that will be much appreciated.  Thx Nuru.

Until we for sure know what it causing the glitch that causes the server to crash. This is an unlikely thing. One thing that has been noticed is that there has been far less issues with the pointshop being only applied to one server instead of two. So maybe there is a solution there.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(04-07-2020, 08:44 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 06:24 PM)[test]pianoman4490 Wrote: I didn't see this on the list of things that need to be addressed, so ill say it here.  The pointshop needs to be added back to the overflow server.  The server has been without it for a long time.  I know that other things may be more important then adding it back, but if you could give staff an update when the pointshop will be added back, that will be much appreciated.  Thx Nuru.

Until we for sure know what it causing the glitch that causes the server to crash. This is an unlikely thing. One thing that has been noticed is that there has been far less issues with the pointshop being only applied to one server instead of two. So maybe there is a solution there.
Actually it's not that unlikely at all. All Dink did was unlink the two servers, which is how pointshop got removed. It just needs readded, but in its own. He left it out for the time being to see how things went.

However piano please keep in mind, that overflow is our TEST server, and not a server, server. So it will probably be weird and buggy for quite some time. We had to remove the pointshop from there due to it causing issues on main(But we didnt REMOVE it justyknow, unlinked the two servers). So I will ask him to add on pointshop, but as it's own and see if it breaks it or not. Will come back with an answer when I have one.