Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PH Unban
(11-13-2018, 05:12 PM)Kei Shin Wrote: Now my questions is why not screengrab or straight up watch my steam stream. You could easily see if I was running any sort of hacked client or what have you. The fact that the ban was only 24 hours I can't be mad at all its just a game after all. Also, I am proud of how your staff isn't super gung-ho the fact that they were super thorough with the investigation.

To respond to that, screengrabbing to check for overlays isnt possible any more because a gmod update broke the function that allowed addons to do so. At most screen grabs can check if someone is missing textures. Even then, if a screen grab did work, I know of hacks out there that bypass it by manipualting what image is sent to the screen grab addon and tells the person hacking that they were screen grabbed, again making those addons useless. Not saying you were using something like that, just clarifying this argument point.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(11-13-2018, 08:56 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: If you can provide some explanation for the first kill at the slide and the cargo kill starting at :50 @Kei Shin , I'd like to hear them. Those 2 kills are super sus to me.

Also anyone below Admin doesn't have access to screengrab nor does it account for a lot of good hacks.
The first kill at the slide started out with me hitting the slide itself because it doesn't seem logical to have 2 identical slides there. After failing to cause any blood splatter I attempted to move around and up the slide. If the slide was the prop I would fail to go up the slide and would likely clip with the prop itself. The knife being up there explains the rest. The cargo container itself in the video does not exist its shows up as a black shadow in the shape of the container. For reference, the new ship map on ttt is filled with these, making navigation for the ship deck on the map a nightmare. Some other textures are missing but, not enough to hinder gameplay.(Also why I passed that clip off as simple since to me I knew exactly where he/she was.)

(11-13-2018, 09:04 PM)Avi Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 05:12 PM)Kei Shin Wrote: Now my questions is why not screengrab or straight up watch my steam stream. You could easily see if I was running any sort of hacked client or what have you. The fact that the ban was only 24 hours I can't be mad at all its just a game after all. Also, I am proud of how your staff isn't super gung-ho the fact that they were super thorough with the investigation.

To respond to that, screengrabbing to check for overlays isnt possible any more because a gmod update broke the function that allowed addons to do so. At most screen grabs can check if someone is missing textures. Even then, if a screen grab did work, I know of hacks out there that bypass it by manipualting what image is sent to the screen grab addon and tells the person hacking that they were screen grabbed, again making those addons useless. Not saying you were using something like that, just clarifying this argument point.

Thanks for the clarification! Last time I played Garry's mod was a few months to a year ago so an update like that would have went right over me. I can also understand taking the time to open a person's profile to see if they allow people to watch broadcast would be a very tedious affair. Although that would be a good addon to make for a server implementation wouldn't be hard since its straight from steam.

I've also noticed my ban was updated to permanent for what I can only assume is an updated ban seeing how admins can only screengrab I would also imagine the user who banned me had a limited time to ban me(yay for me being naive) which makes me want to retract my previous statement from before. At least I have a tiny bit more of a reason to appeal.
I just went and watched the video myself and I probably would have banned you for hacking as well. This would be due to the fact that market_battle is quite a large map and everywhere you go there was just magically a prop there to be killed. The first with Kuono was sus immediately as you first thought there was only 1 slide. Everywhere else you go you look at where the prop is before you reach that prop's location. You look at where the prop is outside the shipping container before going in and shooting it. You don't check any of the other barrels press up against the wall but go straight for the one that's a prop and start shooting. With the one next to the dumpster you are already looking at its location before even getting to it. You don't look anywhere else in the building after the 2nd block kill and head towards the back of the warehouse. You look at the props location through the wall and then go around to kill it not looking at any other location inside the building you were just in or any other location in the warehouse and run up and kill it.

The fact that every place you went just magically had a prop there and with more than one kill you were looking at their location even though there was a wall or dumpster in the way makes me believe that you were hacking. -1 on unban from me. Just analyzing the evidence and giving my opinion.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
I thought I posted on this already but I guess I forgot, but unban denied. After watching the video multiple times you were looking directely at props through walls and objects.
[Image: giphy.gif]