Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PH needs some on call, Ban capable staff.
So to avoid this sort of problem (picture bellow), I do request we have a staff promotion wave. Or at least some form of Temp-Ban Accessible on-call Staff. This is not a Staff request. But it does help in the long run. I posted this in the Staff Application, so that it gets seen more by the other staffs, and potential staffs.

EDIT: Plus I would suggest that Trusted or T-Mod gets the perm-gag and perm-mute (should be !pgag and !pmute)

[Image: unknown.png?width=1205&height=677]
Would be helpful as I'm the only person that can ban for longer than a day but if y'all were to provide proof and preferably post ban request here on the forum, I could ban each and every person as they come. However, it seems that there is often not enough proof or conflicting stories each time. I do ban from those that are properly requested on the discord, but it makes it a lot easier to do it on the forums. So please let everyone know this
(04-15-2018, 01:30 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: Would be helpful as I'm the only person that can ban for longer than a day but if y'all were to provide proof and preferably post ban request here on the forum, I could ban each and every person as they come. However, it seems that there is often not enough proof or conflicting stories each time. I do ban from those that are properly requested on the discord, but it makes it a lot easier to do it on the forums. So please let everyone know this

I've been meaning to ask about this, what part of the forum should I post proof of malicious players?
Best regards,
                     Jake From State Farm
(04-15-2018, 03:03 PM)Jake from State Farm Wrote:
(04-15-2018, 01:30 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: Would be helpful as I'm the only person that can ban for longer than a day but if y'all were to provide proof and preferably post ban request here on the forum, I could ban each and every person as they come. However, it seems that there is often not enough proof or conflicting stories each time. I do ban from those that are properly requested on the discord, but it makes it a lot easier to do it on the forums. So please let everyone know this

I've been meaning to ask about this, what part of the forum should I post proof of malicious players?

i could be the ph ban request section of the forums but im no expert.
(04-15-2018, 03:03 PM)Jake from State Farm Wrote:

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/For...n-Requests

Just make a ban request following the guidelines that are posted and then I'd be happy to take a looksie at it. I know you've already figured it out, but I'll just post this response anyways for anyone else reading through this thread.

Well we could try a pre-admin rank of sort, to at least give a month of Ban.

In many cases, 1 day isn't enough to stop them. They tend to return often. Usually worst then before.
(04-17-2018, 03:18 PM)Thunder_Nova Wrote:

In many cases, 1 day isn't enough to stop them. They tend to return often. Usually worst then before.

If they are really bad and it is known that a one day ban won’t be enough, staff members need to transmit that information to me and I will ban them for a longer period of time. If no one lets me know though, I can’t do that.

None of the current staff members have been around long enough, besides myself, to give them longer ban periods. Not that we don’t trust them, but you know what they say, “History Repeats Itself”
(04-17-2018, 03:27 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 03:18 PM)Thunder_Nova Wrote:

If they are really bad and it is known that a one day ban won’t be enough, staff members need to transmit that information to me and I will ban them for a longer period of time. If no one lets me know though, I can’t do that.

None of the current staff members have been around long enough, besides myself, to give them longer ban periods. Not that we don’t trust them, but you know what they say, “History Repeats Itself”

Yea, agreed, though I am mostly thinking that you are mostly alone in this. In some cases even you need a vacations. I seen threads that staff left due that they can't handle the works. And that was quite unsettling to me as...

I for one experienced that 1st hand as an Ex-Staff member of a Minecraft server, and became an Owner (Because I helped out, a lot) as the previous one didn't want to handle it... which ended up with a permanently shut down server after a crash, the ex owner didn't even let me onto the console... to restart the server. The only time I became an Owner where I couldn't do anything when I want to help the community.

Though even if you are always on later in the day.

The problem lies that in some cases, many can't record. Which does end up making a few claims irrelevant. And some can't be proven by screenshots, in most cases voice chat spammers.

In one case that I got lucky, the guy bluntly admit cheating. But not every cheater are like that.
  • 1 month might be too much, yet it can make a harasser/cheater forget about a server.
  • 1 week has less of such an effect on a person.
  • 1 day ban is low, but it does prevent the harasser for the rest of the day, which idk if a T-Mod has or not. But It will really help out against bypassing players for more on-call 1 day ban users.
If you catch my drift. The goal is mainly make them forget.

Those with grudges, might return but it's quite rare from my experience.
(04-14-2018, 08:27 PM)Thunder_Nova Wrote: EDIT: Plus I would suggest that Trusted or T-Mod gets the perm-gag and perm-mute (should be !pgag and !pmute)

Giving players who just got staff these powers would be very dangerous.
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
(04-17-2018, 05:01 PM)TheDerpGamer Wrote:
(04-14-2018, 08:27 PM)Thunder_Nova Wrote: EDIT: Plus I would suggest that Trusted or T-Mod gets the perm-gag and perm-mute (should be !pgag and !pmute)

Giving players who just got staff these powers would be very dangerous.

We really need to rethink the staff system then... I am not one to judge, but I am really uncomfortable becoming staff as a Donor. Who knows where the money comes from.

Plus unlike Ban, P-Mute and P-Gag, won't ruin much and any staff, including Donors has !ungag.

(accidentally pressed report on this post while editing lol)