Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Piranhas! Bad Staff Moderator Application
Well now... I think you would be a great mod because you are harsh however I think you could town it down on the intensity on the people who are doing things. I see times when it does get annoying but try and be a little more lenient with them. I think you would be a very good kid other than that small detail. In terms of general performance of the jobs you do on the server I can’t speak on behalf of the ttt server but you do really well on the prop hunt server. I have absolutely no doubt that you are very well suited to be mod in terms of moderation performance. Redundant but point hopefully got across. +1 from me
I honestly think you're one of the best moderators on Dink's and I believe you should get the position.
Thank you for those who did reply and I am going to continue working on the unsatisfactory qualities that have been pointed out. As I have said it is a work in progress but slow and steady, it doesn't happen overnight. As for what Kasumi said, I am going to take a wild gander and guess that it is where Katastrophe201 was slain on PropHunt by me, no it was not a punishment. We were in a Discord call at the time and he had said that I wouldn't slay him on our hunter round during ph_chalet_day. I do remember that quite well as you did get a tad heated and thought it was a punishment when it was merely a joke. As for the rest of my friends who are from TTT and come over to PH to play the most I do is torment them as a prop until someone nukes me. There have been a few joke bans in the past probably around November and early to mid December. 
Being a tad immature is understandable, I have those moments, I do understand. I do try to be the best I can and it does not always pan out and no one is perfect. As for leniency, yes that is being worked on, I don't let things slide from certain people as much. The reason being that could have happened was because of guilt, I try to be nice. There is a huge difference between too lenient and too harsh and I am attempting to find that perfect medium. 
Moving to my time for the last part, I try to gauge my time between PH and TTT almost equal now that I sort of have a hold of the ropes of TTT staffing and situations, I stay on TTT for the rush hours to catch reports and learn and hop to PH for the remaining hours of the night and watch and play. I do try to move it around for some days to stay on PH for the rush hours when there isn't staff on and handle that then go over to TTT for the slower hours as it cools off for the night.
[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
+1, regardless if she is harsh or not as a staff member, that's what staffing isn't about, you aren't here to be everyone's friend, you are here to enforce the rules of the server to the best of your ability. Kuono is probably one of the nicest staff out there and if someone targets her she handles it accordingly, staff are people too and yes they do make mistakes once in a while but Kuono is one of the best staff on PH and deserves mod, I hope u get it. TY
You have been able to find the balance that you were speaking of and searching for when staffing two very different and popular servers which is impressive. You are also on consistently and are a welcome sight for many players on both servers, evidence being those who have commented on this application.

You have put into place a couple of conditions for yourself to stop yourself from being overly rash when it comes to handling players on the server as well as to stop yourself from feeding relentless trolls. Some of these are still recent in my eyes and I am interested to see if they are only temporary patch jobs that will crack under long term pressure or are the real deal or even on the slightest chance that they were put into place to show that you were a good contender for moderator. Only time will tell with these and I would like to see them in action to see if they stay strong and not just with temporary results. -1 for now that will hopefully change to a +1 in the future.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
Hey Heart+1 kuono is like a sister to me she is nice and very helpful on ther server she can be hard on people which is understandable when dealing with people. She deserves it and she will probably be the best mod ever! Heart
[Image: giphy.gif]
Torn because I know you would do well as a moderator, yet you can come off hotheaded with some situations. Staffing two servers at a time and keeping sanity is an impressive feat, and I’ve seen you staff both servers well.
Your wording could use some work tho. Any “shut up” I don’t count, that’s not bad language in my book that’s telling someone to stop spamming the mic, tho there are “better” ways without having to plead. I also didn’t see reference to that in the rules or guidelines tho I’ve seen several staff enforce it strictly (feel free to correct me). What I’m talking about is some continuation of name calling, which only really feeds to trolling not stopping the situation since they’re already on a short fuse or looking to get that reaction. That’s any rank though, not mod specific. That kind of name calling holds more weight in PH than TTT (audience age difference of what is appropriate) so maybe that’s enough to keep you from mod dunno.
As for immaturity in general I’m not sure who all should actually be able to comment that (link pointed his own out tho I don’t know enough to comment there) but it more strikes me as hotheaded than a maturity problem.
Considering that the practical difference would be you able to ban at night when you staff without another moderator +1 since I fell you could do that. However keep in mind mods are supposed to be an example, so if a more hotheaded approach isn’t appropriate for a mod then try to work on that.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I appreciate all the feedback I have gotten, I'll continue working on these features. 
I am aware I can come off as hotheaded, it does happen at times. Usually it is more prominent in my tone. As for the language difference on PH and TTT it tends to come off as rude or disrespectful on PH, it isn't restricted as much anymore but if it is taken as rude or disrespectful to others we tell the players to tone it down a tad. I tend to say "Hush" instead of coming off as directly rude to players. "Shut up" is taken as more of a joke on TTT.
[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
Sorry for the very late reply: I do think you have some trouble with handling trolls at times, but you've definitely been getting better. You still manage to get on prop hunt a lot even while getting on TTT a good amount of time too so I hope that doesn't burn you out. -1 for now, but keep on improving and you should have next time.
It’s been a solid 2 weeks since this application has been up. I am curious if PH Staff members believe she has grown within this 2 week time period and maybe change their mind.

@"Kasumi"
@TheUltraFish
@HalfDemonLink
@"Old Man Voss"

(Ps I haven’t given feedback since I haven’t been on PH with you in a bit, in case you were wondering, sorry bby)
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]