Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please staff please take this into consideration
So as we all know between the lockdown and the lack of school, we have a large amount of people on at all times.

Thas led to excessive micspamming.

I want the mods to crack down on micspam, toxic mic behavior, annoying sounds, and excessive volume. Not insta-ban, especially for volume (this server is bullshit enough to drive most people crazy, but there is no excuse for repeated micspam or annoying sounds).

Maybe institute a temporary rule where after a certian number of warns, the gags start, and after a certian number of gags, they are banned for maybe 10 minutes, ramping up to an hour, and then day bans from there, resetting the process the next day (giving people who had a bad day some leeway)?

I think this might help calm down our rampantly toxic server.

And yes, this rule would apply to myself as well. That is kinda why I suggested the ten minute ban with the cycle stopping the next day (not 24 hours but general next day "I got some sleep and calmed down" sorta stuff. This also keeps filters out the malignantly toxic, because if I am pissed off and rant myself into a ten minute ban, I will either have calmed down or quit the game by the time the ban is up.

Thoughts?
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
(03-30-2020, 12:35 AM)Saitama Wrote: Maybe institute a temporary rule where after a certian number of warns, the gags start, and after a certian number of gags, they are banned for maybe 10 minutes, ramping up to an hour, and then day bans from there, resetting the process the next day (giving people who had a bad day some leeway)?

This is already the rule. The problem isn't that the rules aren't strict enough, the problem is they're not being enforced properly.

edit: The process is usually supposed to go: Warning, Gag, Round Gag, Kick, Temp Ban, Longer Ban, Even Longer/Perma Ban
(03-30-2020, 12:40 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 12:35 AM)Saitama Wrote: Maybe institute a temporary rule where after a certian number of warns, the gags start, and after a certian number of gags, they are banned for maybe 10 minutes, ramping up to an hour, and then day bans from there, resetting the process the next day (giving people who had a bad day some leeway)?

This is already the rule. The problem isn't that the rules aren't strict enough, the problem is they're not being enforced properly.

Kinda why the title says "please staff please"
Laced is right lol, those are the rules we have now. Staff should basically
Gag/Mute Warn ( like 1 minute )
Round Mute/Gag
Kick
Day Ban

If the staff aren't doing that then... well, looks like we need to reevaluate me and the other members of the staff team.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(03-30-2020, 12:44 AM)Noire Wrote: Laced is right lol, those are the rules we have now. Staff should basically
Gag/Mute Warn ( like 1 minute )
Round Mute/Gag
Kick
Day Ban

It partially seems they are getting overwhelmed though.\
This is basically the same rule set we have currently. Right now we have the same few people getting gagged, kicked, warned, everyday. 

In terms of the adjustments you listed, I personally wouldn't start them off with a 10 minute ban because it takes quite a bit to get banned for excessive mic spamming as it is, so maybe a couple hour ban. That isn't too bad considering they'll probably be back as soon as it expires.

I also do completely understand that some people have a bad day, but taking it out online really isn't the way to go about it. Whenever I encounter something like this I just message the person after they've been gagged or muted or whatever to just check up on them and tell them that what they're doing isn't really the way to go about it.

As for you wanting mods to crackdown, I can speak for the majority off TTT staff right now, we have a lot on our plate in terms of dealing with things server related recently. We're trying to do our best.
(03-30-2020, 12:46 AM)dong Wrote: I think this is a fairly decent idea that could use some slight tweeks. Right now we have the same few people getting gagged, kicked, warned, everyday. Once that clears up this wouldn't be too bad.

As an admin once told me; Warns don't just go away in one day. However, that's for us to keep up with, in our staff discord, hence why we have a #players to watch channel
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(03-30-2020, 12:47 AM)Noire Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 12:46 AM)dong Wrote: I think this is a fairly decent idea that could use some slight tweeks. Right now we have the same few people getting gagged, kicked, warned, everyday. Once that clears up this wouldn't be too bad.

As an admin once told me; Warns don't just go away in one day. However, that's for us to keep up with, in our staff discord, hence why we have a #players to watch channel

I edited that, I didn't read properly
(03-30-2020, 12:40 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote:

Honestly. IMO I believe staff have the issue/concern of when to actually utilize the command.  Abuse of commands can lead to issues such as demotion. In addition, within the server there is many trolls and they're constantly growing at an annoying rate.
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
I personally think this is unnecessary, especially for a 10 minute ban. We already have the basic steps on how to handle this kind of situation but it can be mishandled sometimes. For me, I don't think it's such a big deal unless it becomes repetitive enough for a bannable offense. Thoughtful suggestion though! :)