Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible unwarranted ban.
Steam Name: Corcustos

Steam I.D: 76561198274479297

Who banned you: Kasumi

Reason for ban: Hacking

Reason for Mods to unban you: 
I would like to know the grounds on which this ban was issued. If possible, I'd like to see the evidence that was raised against me to cause my ban for "Hacking" so that I may clear it up. As I'm suggesting, I do not hack, and never have on Dinkleberg PH. I am willing to do whatever steps that I am able to in lifting this ban. I genuinely wish to continue playing on Dinkleberg's PropHunt. Any assistance is much appreciated. I am confident that we can come to an understanding and work this out. Thanks. 

Extra details: Yes, I did create this account with the sole purpose to appeal. I play GMOD on and off, and only play prop hunt. I don't normally socialize with anyone, so I hadn't had a reason to create one until now. I hope that my account being new doesn't affect my chances.
You were looking at people and killing them. Then i was in a really hard spot to see and you were looking at the wall to me then you went into my room pretty sure you knew you couldnt kill me so you went away to find someone else. Voss was there with me watching and Masterkev was hiding in pretty hard spots and you killed him by looking at him. Which is pretty suspicious because you have zero time on the server yet you get 8 kills easy.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-10-2018, 05:21 AM)Kasumi Wrote: You were looking at people and killing them. Then i was in a really hard spot to see and you were looking at the wall to me then you went into my room pretty sure you knew you couldnt kill me so you went away to find someone else. Voss was there with me watching and Masterkev was hiding in pretty hard spots and you killed him by looking at him. Which is pretty suspicious because you have zero time on the server yet you get 8 kills easy.
I do agree that Masterkev was in a some hard spots, like when he was a wine glass on the outdoors lamp, but from my point of view he stood out. Sometimes I pause and take a brief look around to see if anything looks off. Masterkev is a really good player, I can tell. Additionally, I know that people like to abuse the jump pack to get onto the lamps on that particular map. I always take note of the "pretty much impossible" spots as they come in use when hiding myself. I don't know anything about you, however. Why wouldn't I be able to kill you if I knew where you were? I could easily use a grenade, or just walk up and empty a clip..? Either way, I understand that there is no use arguing against your word. Without evidence, it is simply my word against yours, and as a new forums account and a player with little playtime on this particular server, I realize that I have little credibility. Is there perhaps some hard evidence like a video that you can show me so we can patch this up?
Your actions on server were very questionable. When normal players bring to staffs attention that a player is doing well rapidly, it causes suspicions. 

I observed you rapidly eliminate several props. You passed me at one point then quickly did a 180 to single shot me when i hadn't moved. 
You were looking through the wall towards the location Kasumi was hiding and even went to the lengths of going down stairs looking through the floor. 

You had a high amount of kills in a short time. You don't have much time on server. 

Many things raise suspicion. 

My video file is corrupt or i would've uploaded that too.
I did not look through the floor, I did not look through any walls, and I do not have any hacks. You are correct in saying that I do not have much time on the server, but most of your maps are not exclusive, and are on other servers as well. Am I going to be remaining banned based on pure suspicion and supposedly questionable plays?
Your ban is temporary. Not enough evidence to permanently ban you at this time. You should be able to access the server within 48 hours
(10-10-2018, 07:43 AM)Old Man Voss Wrote: Your ban is temporary. Not enough evidence to permanently ban you at this time. You should be able to access the server within 48 hours

Okay, thank you. You said there's not enough evidence for a perma ban, which implies that there is some evidence. Are you referring to the suspicions as evidence or is there something else that I might be able to see? Not really that important as the ban is temporary and will be over shortly, but I'd still like to know why the ban is remaining in the first place. I hope I'm not being too direct. Also, any advice for preventing false-positives in the future?
A moderator has to unban you, they are not available at this time. 

The evidence is that of higher staff as witnesses and multiple regular players as witnesses as well. 

Since my video recording was corrupt, you only serve a temporary ban until a Mod can unban you.

Edit: My advice is to make it known now if you have previous experience with Prop Hunt. For example we have many players on server from SONA who are VERY good at prop hunt and cover the upper slots of our leader board. so if you have that sort of experience, make an introduction on the forums page letting people know about you and your gaming. Doesn't have to be detailed, just a bit about you.
(10-10-2018, 07:59 AM)Old Man Voss Wrote: A moderator has to unban you, they are not available at this time. 

The evidence is that of higher staff as witnesses and multiple regular players as witnesses as well. 

Since my video recording was corrupt, you only serve a temporary ban until a Mod can unban you.

Edit: My advice is to make it known now if you have previous experience with Prop Hunt. For example we have many players on server from SONA who are VERY good at prop hunt and cover the upper slots of our leader board.  so if you have that sort  of experience, make an introduction on the forums page letting people know about you and your gaming. Doesn't have to be detailed, just a bit about you.

Oh okay, I see. Thank you for your time and understanding. I'm not a god at prop hunt, but I do think I'm somewhat okay. I will consider making an introduction. Your help has been much appreciated.
It may be in a past thread that I haven’t seen yet, but do we have video evidence?
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]