Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Pre-Application
So, a while ago, I did another post like this where I asked everybody for advice as to what I should do before a staff application. As of recently, my newest application was denied mainly because of a failure to remain active in the community and I hadn't been consistently playing for a full month. I wanted to make this post as a follow-up because there are a few things I've worried about since then.

So, first of all, I keep getting people telling me to buy Tmod. Here's my response: never. Being a staff just doesn't sit right with me if I don't earn it. I've been staff on other servers and I earned it each time, just like I've earned my reputation with others on this server.

Secondly, my worries mainly float around the community activity. I joined the Discord, as Helen advised me to, but I only talked once or twice. I do not like Discord, plain and simple. I'm hoping that being active on the forums for a good period will be enough for me, as Discord tends to destroy my computer. Why does it destroy it? No idea. But when I keep Discord open for more than 24 hours, it massively hurts my internet connection and requires me to restart it. So for now, that's out and kind of worrying.

Finally, the consistent playtime. That's not a problem. At the time of my last application, I had around 25 days of consistent time after a 3 month break or so. 

However, one thing I'm curious about. Normally, after a staff app, you need to wait 1 month or so before applying again. However, I know my app was denied, but I had one staff member, of whom I shall not name, tell me to apply again right away because as soon as my app went through, the application process changed back to the whole sponsorship thing. So, do I wait until mid-February again or do I make one sooner/later? Give me your opinions and don't hold back. I can take it. Maybe.
These are dumb, Just come ask some of us staff, we don't bite. Well scoovie does. But i dont. these posts are annoying to us
[Image: hsk.gif]
(02-01-2018, 09:23 PM)Turner Wrote: These are dumb, Just come ask some of us staff, we don't bite. Well scoovie does. But  i dont. these posts are annoying to us

I mean, this is the only way I know how to ask without bothering you guys while doing reports online. What other way is best? Steam?
Steam or discord

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Discord is pretty much where the staff gathers en mass so it’s pretty easy to reach several staff members there, maybe it’s some settings on your discord what need to be tweaked? I have no idea I didn’t create the program unfortunately
[Image: giphy.gif]
My best advice to you is to talk (via. forum PM, steam PM or discord) to the Moderators or Admins that are more-so active on the server as they have a very good feel of what's going on in the community and can give you the best advice and they are the ones who will probably determine whether you would be a good asset to the server or not on the staff team.

FURTHERMORE, while talking to other staff members could be equally as good/helpful, that's just how I would go about it if I were you.
[Image: giphy.gif] [Image: pqb6IoJ.png]

"None of your business, Odd Fellow."
- Scoovie

Fellow donors - feel free to use any of my queues
https://scareshot.weebly.com