Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with players' binds
(A note: this thread isn't to specifically target the individual in any circumstances. This is simply a problem which needs to be fixed)

I've been in a Dinkleberg Prop Hunt community for awhile and notice a ton of changes. The players, the staffs, the content it as, etc. Now, the title is self-explanatory. I'd came to stumbled by players binds or generally communicating with sexual conduct (i.e. quoted another player/staff with the use of sexual talk with/without context). I've been in the server a ton and seen staffs being quoted out of context or generally saying sexual terms or comment. This happens often in the Prop Hunt server (I don't have a clue  if Trouble in Terrorist Town have this particular issue or rarely occurs). This usually happens when one is speaking off topic conversation or speaking their spots or what props etc. Listen, I'm not speaking towards all Prop Hunt staffs or players (A specific number of staff/player).

This also can an issue towards newcomers since they're lack of knowing any generally rule of conduct in this community. Once they'll see those binds bounded or sexual talks are occurring, they'll have no idea whether or not this is acceptable thus causing problematic troubles. Even in the Prop Hunt guidelines, it stated in Rule 18: Do not excessively curse/talk about sexual things/talk about politics or religion.

In conclusion, the players or the staffs needed to first either by refrain from discussing such a sexual topic or any topics that follows in that catogory and/or using quoted or not quoted binds by others (even without context). I would also stated as hypocritical since stating the rules to newcomers and warning them if they're discussing it while staff or regular players are continuing to discuss such a topic little to no warning in that regard.

Hopefully in near future, the problem would be fixed by all means. I appreciate your time reading this thread.

-Midnight
I have to agree with you on this one midnight, I'm a little bit of a hypocrite when I say that as I have a bind or 2 that is explicit myself and after reading this I'm going to get rid of those binds but still staff as well as long time players who know the rules have been getting a little out of hands with binds and what they say on server and it can be really confusing to someone who is new to the server and wants to join in on the conversation just to be warned or gagged for trying to be friendly. If you think my behavior has been unacceptable on server before please let me know so I can work on myself and be more appropriate on server.
[Image: I_dont_think_so.png]
I agree that the use of out of context binds that cause conflict with rules we have in place need to stop, especially if it's staff that have the binds. On several occasions I have suggested to players and staff to not have certain binds as they are inappropriate. I hope we are able to clean up the community more, so that in the coming months new users will feel comfortable in the community.

For the PH Community I hope from this point forward we are able to clean up the server, and I realize the binds are funny our of context but we need to be considerate to the rules and users.