Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prop-killing, yes it's fun but also......
Hey guys! Just wanted to give you my concerns on prop-killing. I think that prop-killing is a problem, people are getting murdered left and right for all the wrong reasons. For example, I was playing today as T and was prop-killed by an Inno across the map(My luck sadly). I did report him and he did get the proper slaying but the same guy went and did the same thing again. Now I get it, you want to prop-kill because it's funny and Gmod's Physics are janky and funny or you just wanna kill your friend with a prop, but you gotta think about the other guy too(or the 10-15 people around you). Not everyone is gonna have the same reaction to being RDM'ED on a T round or even an Inno/Detective round. I for one don't care as much if it happens on a Inno/Detective round, I can easily get over it and cancel my report. But as soon as it's a T round I will report you and be a little salty. Again everyone not gonna react like me, for example Lance was on the server today(RoofTops) and KneeGee(couple of others I didn't see) were dead and trying to kill Lance with a Prop. Lance was hit a couple times, even got dealt -40 HP at one point. Now I have no clue if Lance was a T(doesn't matter) but he got upset and had a few words to say in the chat. To summarize, a few words were exchanged and then Lance ended up leaving the server. Now I understand both sides, so Lance buddy if you see this I totally get where your coming from brother. Prop-Killers I understand you guys to trust me, I get a kick out of prop-killing my buddies every once in awhile. Anyways this has gone on long enough and I can speak all I want but nothing will be changed unless we get this topic started.
Propkillers can be banned for consistent rdm. Forgiving the report continues the problem.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
It also seems that whatever tracks who was holding a prop in terms of propkilling isn't tracked anymore, as I have to ask a mod to sleuth down the person who propkilled me in order to report them.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
(03-31-2020, 06:24 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Propkillers can be banned for consistent rdm. Forgiving the report continues the problem.

Agreed, But I noticed it's a lot of regulars/members so I don't report(I see them as having more power since they've been with the server longer)
How long you've been around means nothing. RDM is RDM
If you RDM, you RDM. You would EXPECT someone who's been around longer to have enough common sense not to do something wrong. We take all reports serious. Doesn't matter if you are a guest or a staff.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
(03-31-2020, 06:43 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: How long you've been around means nothing. RDM is RDM

Wish that were the case, but I can recall several times that I haven't been punished for things that certainly were wrong, just because I'm me.
There are some staff that perpetrate this act as well.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
Literally the SOLE reason I stopped playing TTT a mere three days after I got unbanned. If you're not being propkilled, there's some jackass pushing you around with a bench or something stupid. If you people are THIS BORED as to go and drive people fucking insane with a crate on top of the stress of TTT itself, go play something else for fucks sake!
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
Yeah fuck those propkillers