Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about attempted RDM
Here is the recent scenario:

Player A starts shooting at Player B and misses, doesn't do any damage.

Player B defends himself, shoots back at Player A, and does damage first.

Player A now shoots, does damage, and kills Player B.

Player B reports Player A for t-baiting and attempted RDM.

Mod rules that because Player B does damage to Player A first, therefore Player A's kill is in self defense and therefore allowable.

?????

Please explain. Thank you.
"Player A now shoots, does damage, and kills Player A.

Player A reports Player B for t-baiting and attempted RDM."
?????
also i tbaited but u did shoot and kos me so i had the right to defend my self what u did was not rdm and what i was not rdm.
(01-04-2020, 02:02 PM)Meeemo Wrote: "Player A now shoots, does damage, and kills Player A.

Player A reports Player B for t-baiting and attempted RDM."
?????
also i tbaited but u did shoot and kos me so i had the right to defend my self what u did was not rdm and what i was not rdm.

I have edited out the typo
T-baiting and defending yourself from the subsequent KOS isn't reportable, but goddamn it should be.
(01-04-2020, 02:12 PM)MAKEOUTHILL Wrote: T-baiting and defending yourself from the subsequent KOS isn't reportable, but goddamn it should be.

Yeah I think it seriously merits a rule change. This is a huge loophole in the rules.
Shot logs would be the friend in this case.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(01-04-2020, 02:22 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Shot logs would be the friend in this case.

Not really looking to have a specific instance corrected, just the concept of the situation in general.
If player A T baited by shooting at Player B, the KOS on Player A was valid and the report made was false. Shot logs can be used to verify that Player A had shot first. Exept if player A has a non-vanilla weapon wich do not appear on the shot logs (Exept if that was fixed, doubt).
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
Rule of thumb - shot logs are shit

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(01-04-2020, 02:18 PM)Jaerixon Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 02:12 PM)MAKEOUTHILL Wrote: T-baiting and defending yourself from the subsequent KOS isn't reportable, but goddamn it should be.

Yeah I think it seriously merits a rule change. This is a huge loophole in the rules.

we've had someone on the server i mentioned before, that did stuff like this. in events like this happening more than once or twice, we start to chalk it up as trolling, which we should handle accordingly shortly afterwards.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020