Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RDM chains and rule clarifications
Wasen't sure if this was the appropriate sub-forum to post this in, but if it needs to be moved in can be.

So let us begin with a scenario that happened last night, and a couple weeks ago but a different scenario but same general principle, RDM CHAINS

So 3 people are involved, myself, a staff member, and an rdmer/"new player" I myself am innocent, the staff  member is a traitor, the Rdmer/"new player" is innocent.

basically what happens is, the rdmer/"new player" attempts to kill the staff member (traitor) without justifiable cause. Looking at this through MY eyes and MY ears though, all I hear and see is the staff member (traitor) gunning down and killing an innocent player (the RDMer/"new player") and claiming "they shot me first" now from my perspective, I have to determine if this player is lying, which traitor's are allowed to do, or take the risk of letting  him live and believe what he is saying (the traitor). I decided to kill the staff member (traitor) and quite quickly after have a slay put on me with the following reason "Well I explained it in chat"

Explaining in chat is exactly what traitor's do to manipulate people into believing them and getting away  with murder. I understand the concept that it started because this RDMER/"new player" attacked him first, so this comes to my final point.

Punishing the RDM chain starters

I don't see it fair to punish the person playing the game how its suppose to be played, killing people who kill innocent people. The ONLY person who should have  been slayed in this situation is the person starting the RDM chain. if you cut the problem at the root (the RDM chain starter) then everything else falls into place, but if you just hack away at the branches people are getting slayed who should not be getting slayed.

I'd like some admin's  inputs on this, I can't be the only one who sees this from my perspective, as stopping RDM chains was a huge thing when I was admin for spacecatsTTT, which was quite a successful server.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
On the specific instance, I’m reading that you heard gunfire then ran in the room to see the staff member killing the “rdmr”?

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
From what I'm reading I'm gonna assume this is what happened:

Someone attempted rdm on a t, said t kills in self defense.

You only witnessed the t killing him. And he states that he killed in self defense.

You then killed him for it and he straight up gave you a slay in chat, no reports included

In this event, you can only put a sus on him. And if you kill him for it, it's considered rdm.

Now for the person that started the whole incident, it's up to the guy who was attacked 's discretion to make a report on the guy who attacked him.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
basically it happened how Brown sugar is describing it, I witnessed the T killing the innocent, but I missed the innocent shooting the T first. Which is exactly how it went when it came to punishment, the staff wanted ME slayed instead of the person that attempted RDM on him, which doesn't make sense too me, because I'm trying to play the game correctly while this attempted RDMer is now getting away with his RDM. This bringing me back to my original point, stopping RDM chains, RDM chains cause innocent people to be punished, which is exactly what happened in this situation.
Well in this event by how you're describing it, it is questionable how he only slayed you. But in reality, he should have been reporting both parties here.
Going by the story. You had killed him off a reason that would still be at most a high sus, which meant he did have the right to report/slay you.
However it does sound like said-staffmember who handled this acted rashly.
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
I understand. All parties are frustrated by RDM and loosing T rounds, etc.. so I can see it from all perspectives. It was his choice to decide who was to be punished, he chose me. Thank's for clearing things up for me.
just ban for 1rdm 4head
Imagine being a staff member and reporting someone for this
(11-20-2019, 01:29 PM)Connar Wrote: Imagine being a staff member and reporting someone for this

Please keep this civil, this was simply an inquiry and a clarification for me. Every server has different ways of handling things so I just want exact details for future events. Though I do believe I'm not the one who should have been slayed, I can see the reasoning behind it.
Really, he should've reported the both of you, but idk why he focused solely on you.
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020