Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reduce Required Hours for Murder Staff Applications
Currently, the required amount of hours to apply for a staff position on the murder server is 50 hours. 

There are only two players that have attained this achievement. In fact, even as the most active staff member, I've only managed to get about 44 hours on the server so far.

We've only had two staff applications for the murder server in the six months that the server has been up. The latter of these two applications was submitted in February. 

I propose that the required hours to become a staff member on the server be reduced to 25 hours. This would be far more reasonable, but still a challenge for many. It's certainly been a challenge for most of our staff, both current and past. 

I'd like to hear feedback on this thread, preferably from any murder players. @Jerminator00 @[black]Tronald 

If I get an official promotion on the Murder server in the coming days, I'll likely make this change.
I can definitely understand such a change being needed. Looking at gametracker, I currently have the 8th most playtime sitting just under 34 hours. Most of this playtime I got in the first week or two of the murder server being opened, and the fact that so few have gotten more time than me in the months that I've been so inactive on the server is a bit troubling. Even more so is the fact that whenever I do get on, it seems that the only players I encounter seem to be new players, often having joined for the first time and only really seeing two hours as the highest accumulated playtime.

The server has been open since what, January? And yet as nicky says only two people have the 50 hours required for staff. Even with a reduction to 25 hours, that number only increases to 12 players. Looking to previous actions, there is a precedent for lowering time requirements for the murder server. It wasn't long before the time requirement for a player to gain the member rank was deemed to be too high and was reduced to it's current requirement.
iv'e noticed that there is actually a semblance of regular players on murder, i feel that players who just play on the server dont even realized that there is more of community. i say that we try t advertise the discord and forums accordingly as involvement in those is likely to hook someone into the community.
I would like to add @[AG] StrawIowa39 to this as he plays a bit too and might have some good suggestions
"lets fuck lycan" -Starky
(07-09-2018, 12:33 PM)[black]Tronald Wrote: iv'e noticed that there is actually a semblance of regular players on murder, i feel that players who just play on the server dont even realized that there is more of community.  i say that we try t advertise the discord and forums accordingly as involvement in those is likely to hook someone into the community.
I would like to add @[AG] StrawIowa39 to this as he plays a bit too and might have some good suggestions

I agree with this
[Image: giphy.gif]
So 25 Hours is the exact time for staff on Murder ? or still contemplating
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
(01-16-2019, 10:43 PM)Sharky Wrote: So 25 Hours is the exact time for staff on Murder ? or still contemplating

This wasn't an official policy change thread, rather it was more of a feedback thread to gauge opinion.
(07-07-2018, 05:58 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: Currently, the required amount of hours to apply for a staff position on the murder server is 50 hours. 

There are only two players that have attained this achievement. 

This should tell you something about the murder server. Reduced staff hrs isnt going to populate it m8.
(01-18-2019, 08:57 PM)§6SEMBER_UNO Wrote:
(07-07-2018, 05:58 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: Currently, the required amount of hours to apply for a staff position on the murder server is 50 hours. 

There are only two players that have attained this achievement. 

This should tell you something about the murder server. Reduced staff hrs isnt going to populate it m8.

But it well help it grow _ Im not saying they accept every person that gets 25 hours  because thats crazy - Im just willing to see Murder grow back to once it once was and We need the right staff to accomplish this.

I only seen An Admin /One staff and the Owner play this so its kinda a good sign
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member