Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Responses to Staff Apps PH
I understand Travis point, It is for lack of a better word, frustrating to get a response that is little to no feedback. It is equally frustrating to get vague feedback, if you're going to be vague on Forums at least have the courtesy to message the individual directly and share your concerns with their conduct. Communication is key. 

I am not worried about little comments from new users, what bothers me is seeing one liners from Donors or staff that have been around for 3+ months. 

Saying "you meet the requirements" isn't a bad comment, but at least follow it up with some more insight. If you don't know someone, it would be acceptable to state "I don't know you well enough to give feedback on how you handle things, but you do meet all the requirements". 

Give Constructive feedback on ALL applications, we all have area's in which we can improve and you don't have to say everything publicly.

Don't be afraid of giving your opinion. 

I hope we can all move forward and better communicate area's in which we need to grown and be willing to ask those around us to help with that growth.
+1 going off what others have said....

But in all seriousness regardless of if you leave a one line comment or not make sure you have a good reason for your vote. The "player is cool" is not a good reason on its own to up vote someone for staff. At the same time, if someone does post a vague comment, ask them to elaborate on why they chose to vote that way.
(12-24-2018, 10:36 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote:
(12-24-2018, 10:33 PM)daeganislegit Wrote: +1 likes dog dick

Daegan. Don't shitpost on an actual serious thread. This was a legitimate concern that I have brought up and you should've learned to not shitpost on serious threads by now.
sorry
[Image: q0SdkAI6QPaeF9Oi-uqjbA.png]

[Image: NcxeGyl-THSvKxgssH34Pg.png]
For me, if you look at the latest staff applications, I say they follow/know the rules both implying the same thing. The reason why I say this, even though the statement does not offer much feedback, is that there is a major difference between knowing the rules, and following them. I make sure that the user knows that their character/acts on the server have been noticed by staff members. If they have not, I let them know otherwise. Most of the individuals on the server already know the basic rules but following the rules are of a major different issue. If you need examples of such things, I am betting the ban logs show ample evidence of those that knew the rules but decided to go their own way.

I try to give some sort of feedback on each application, unban request, and I can agree that it can be frustrating if there is little to no feedback. However, sometimes you get an individual that applies that you or many other cannot give feedback on as they are already qualified for the role and they already do everything well or they applied for staff previously but failed to achieve the role they wished and were denied. If the person fixed their issues from their previous staff application, or are already qualified, it can be very difficult to give more than just a single line of feedback and vote. I am not saying that "+1 is cool" should be allowed to become commonplace but there is a big difference of that and "+1 fixed previous issues and maintained great character", "+1 is over qualified for the role, follows rules, should be given rank" or "+0 do not know you very well".

If moving forward, we should be careful with deleting/moderating staff application votes/feedback. Staff applications have been denied for lack of community support and with the forever need of staff and new faces for the forever-evolving server community, it would be unpleasant if a potential staff member was denied because another overzealous staff member deleted votes/feedback that were deemed unfulfilling or lacking.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
I'm not saying I'm against people showing support for someone by agreeing with someome else. That's why none of my examples include that. I've actually done that part myself. It's just it's not helpful for someone +1 or -1 without any true reasons behind it other than someone is cool or that someone knows the rules. I understand there's only so mvch that can be said but agreeing with someone else is still giving actual feedback. Just someone else added it
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
There’s also a difference between “community support” for a trusted vs moderator. Follows the rules is fine for trusted, but is already assumed as a must for staff.
Add to the conversation

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I think the one thing I see the most on PH staff apps are the +0s. They don't add anything to what you think about applicant. If you don't know them that well just don't comment. -1s aren't suppose to be negative, they're suppose to help the applicant realize some mistakes they are doing and to try to fix them. If you don't think some one is ready for a staff role or a promotion, then explain why and help them learn.
(12-25-2018, 02:17 PM)Yeezy Jeezy Wrote: I think the one thing I see the most on PH staff apps are the +0s. They don't add anything to what you think about applicant. If you don't know them that well just don't comment. -1s aren't suppose to be negative, they're suppose to help the applicant realize some mistakes they are doing and to try to fix them. If you don't think some one is ready for a staff role or a promotion, then explain why and help them learn.

This is another thing I can get behind. There are very small instances in which a +0 actually added to an application. I don't care what people vote for as long as they actually put a reason or if they stay neutral, they bring up a point or something that can add to the application.
I really agree with this it's a bit hypocritical for me to say that as I have been guilty of doing something like this in the past but I've been trying to get better at adding constructive feedback on applications and will continue to do so, it can be pretty annoying to see someone +1 another person because they are nice or they just like that person and not give any real feedback. From now on I hope others will strive to give better feedback to those applying for staff positions.
[Image: I_dont_think_so.png]
Thank you to everyone who has shown that my concerns aren't alone and I hope that we can continue to make the server better by helping our staff members improve on themselves.