Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rule 17
i think you guys are misunderstanding what she's asking
[Image: J6yUs0g]
I'm about to respond as this rule was made by dinks request and I was the one to do it. So all please be patient.
I am going to answer her question AND clarify the rule.
Imagine playing 9 rounds of prop hunt, where the moment you find a prop they kill bind. 

The idea is to actually play the game type as it was intended. 

Hide n seek, where's Waldo and kill him, I spy then die, or whatever you want to alternatively call Prop Hunt.

Oh, and Nuru is bad.

-End of Remarks-
So I'm going to address first, why this rule was added.
Dink was playing on server with some of us, and someone kill binded in from of him and a guest player, when they were about to kill them.
This is something that has been complained about since I first started playing here. Not only is it frustrating, but more often than not, this drives the guest players off, and away from dinklebergs servers. This is unfair to new players, and robs them of a kill, of which many enjoy/take pride in. We want to encourage people to stay, not run them off, and this was running off players, as the issue was arising more often than it was not.

Now to clarify each section, and if you guys think it's needed, i will clarify it on the rules more so that all of you can understand better. That way everyone is on the same page.
When this rule was made, Dink intended it to be for those that are trying to rob a kill from hunters.
This actually does NOT mean you are not allowed to kill bind as a prop period, but there are strict limitations to it.
On maps like motel blacke, with the barrel room, you are not allowed to run to the barrels and purposefully kill yourself, to avoid playing as a prop/keep hunters from gaining that kill. This is to provide fairness, that you play both teams, and to prevent people from cheating their scores (This is something we found many doing to up their gametracker scores.) It's obvious to tell when players are doing it on purpose (as it happens repeatedly, and they avoid playing props this way) or on accident.

The rule on gravity, is to cover those players that were running from hunters, or hiding near them, and purposefully jumping off buildings or the like to avoid that hunter killing them. Again it is very easy to tell when someone is doing this on purpose as usually the hunter will report such things. People that are purposefully avoiding dying from hunters. This is again, unfair to new players/guests on the server.

The one on squishing is similar, people were going under lockers and turning into larger props and killing themselves purposefully to avoid playing as props/avoid hunters killing them.

There's really no issue IMO if you kills yourself if you're going AFK as long as it is not CONSTANT and REPETITIVE. At this point it is considered robbing hunters of a kill and unfair. It is far easier to disconnect though I will say, and just reconnect.

If you kill bind yourself just due to not being able to get into a spot you wanted to, this in my opinion is unfair. I will get more clarification. Will respond when I get it. But I will not give any official ruling on it until I receive word from dink on it.
I hope this answers, if not, feel free to dm me with more questions, to anyone with questions.
What if I accidentally kill myself via gravity while running from a hunter, and the hunter reports it as intentional to the staff? I assume the staff would have to use their discretion in this case?
(07-25-2019, 06:53 PM)Steve Wrote: What if I accidentally kill myself via gravity while running from a hunter, and the hunter reports it as intentional to the staff? I assume the staff would have to use their discretion in this case?

Yes in this case, it would be staff discretion, however in prop hunt, it's easy to tell. Usually (about 9/10 times) you see the hunters chasing or mentioning the prop nearby and then suddenly you see prop killed by gravity, and it reported.
It's MOST of the time easy to handle.
If the staff is unsure, it is best to let it slide in that particular case. Innocent until proven guilty, no evidence, etc, as that's how the servers work. You must have proof/be sure.
(07-25-2019, 06:50 PM)Mother Nuru Wrote: There's really no issue IMO if you kills yourself if you're going AFK as long as it is not CONSTANT and REPETITIVE. At this point it is considered robbing hunters of a kill and unfair. It is far easier to disconnect though I will say, and just reconnect.

If you kill bind yourself just due to not being able to get into a spot you wanted to, this in my opinion is unfair. I will get more clarification. Will respond when I get it. But I will not give any official ruling on it until I receive word from dink on it.
I hope this answers, if not, feel free to dm me with more questions, to anyone with questions.

Regarding these, Dink agreed with what I said. So that's what I am going to go by, and I will add it in so that it's clarified more.
I can now say this is the official standing. Killing yourself because you cannot get to the spot you want to is wrong, but doing it once in a while for afk is fine. Just don't be repetitive with it.
I mean we should just remove the key from the console so that Hunters and Props dont kill them self.
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
(07-26-2019, 02:46 AM)Sharky Wrote: I mean we should just remove the key from the console so that Hunters and Props dont kill them self.

If you're talking about an anti-killbind, there are addons out there for that, or just simply disabling the kill command is likely possible too.
(07-26-2019, 10:11 AM)Steve Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 02:46 AM)Sharky Wrote: I mean we should just remove the key from the console so that Hunters and Props dont kill them self.

If you're talking about an anti-killbind, there are addons out there for that, or just simply disabling the kill command is likely possible too.

seems overkill tbh
[Image: J6yUs0g]