Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rules, Rules, Rules.
Just popping in here, I have NEVER understood why RDM & Leave rules exist. From my understanding, that rule was added when autoslays did not persist between disconnects, so the player could just leave and not get punished, but that hasn't been the case for years. They get slain when they come back on the server, what's the point of banning them anyway?
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(02-12-2020, 08:10 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Just popping in here, I have NEVER understood why RDM & Leave rules exist. From my understanding, that rule was added when autoslays did not persist between disconnects, so the player could just leave and not get punished, but that hasn't been the case for years. They get slain when they come back on the server, what's the point of banning them anyway?

Honestly, ever since I started to play TTT there have been RDM and leave bans. I guess it's just TTT's way of giving an extended time-out
(02-12-2020, 08:10 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Just popping in here, I have NEVER understood why RDM & Leave rules exist. From my understanding, that rule was added when autoslays did not persist between disconnects, so the player could just leave and not get punished, but that hasn't been the case for years. They get slain when they come back on the server, what's the point of banning them anyway?

If they tell us they're leaving instead of dipping no one is banned
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(02-12-2020, 12:52 PM)Near Wrote: If they tell us they're leaving instead of dipping no one is banned

That's true, but that is far from a colloquial understanding to players that haven't played on the server. A percentage of people that get RDM & leaf bans are minges, sure, but I can be certain than an unacceptable number of people have gotten on the server and gotten a slay in some way or another (either not knowing much about TTT or not memorizing the fcking bible of a rulebook), left without knowing what happened or thinking nothing of it, and found themselves banned for an entire week 12 hours later.

Disconnecting from the server should not be a punishable offense. Deliberately avoiding gags is one thing, since the punishment is literally removed, but getting banned for leaving and still having to serve the punishment you were banned for supposedly trying to avoid makes no sense. Every TTT server owner I've talked to this about has agreed that this makes zero sense, and the people I've asked here in the past can't give me an answer either.
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
(02-11-2020, 10:07 PM)SNAK Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 09:20 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: It's not necessarily forcing third partying. If a KOSed T is near you and you are clearly aware of them (i.e. staring directly at them) and you are not attempting to act on the KOS, that absolutely should be KOSable. If you die, it's your fault for not acting on the KOS. 

Also, have two addendums to that rule:
If the KOSed person in question is not a T, or the person who did not follow the KOS is AFK, you cannot be sused/KOSed for not killing them.

But, as a T  I like to false kos, so why should someone who knows that I like to false KOS follow a kos they could possibly know is false, it should be left up to choice, not forced by third parties.

You're missing the point. It's not forced. You should simply have the option to kill somebody for not following a valid KOS.

If someone dies to a false KOS by a T then oh well, that's just what happens.
(02-12-2020, 07:04 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 10:07 PM)SNAK Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 09:20 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: It's not necessarily forcing third partying. If a KOSed T is near you and you are clearly aware of them (i.e. staring directly at them) and you are not attempting to act on the KOS, that absolutely should be KOSable. If you die, it's your fault for not acting on the KOS. 

Also, have two addendums to that rule:
If the KOSed person in question is not a T, or the person who did not follow the KOS is AFK, you cannot be sused/KOSed for not killing them.

But, as a T  I like to false kos, so why should someone who knows that I like to false KOS follow a kos they could possibly know is false, it should be left up to choice, not forced by third parties.

You're missing the point. It's not forced. You should simply have the option to kill somebody for not following a valid KOS.

If someone dies to a false KOS by a T then oh well, that's just what happens.

No I understand what your saying, it is forcing someones hand. The third party has  no idea if it is a "valid" kos or not. Sure in some situations such as the detective calling the kos we can consider this "valid" but if I just blurt out "KOS LACED" without any reasoning behind it, I don't think someone should be pressured into killing you with the only reason being "well if I don't kill laced im now kos'd?"  your basically saying people should force themselves to loose karma because a "valid?" kos was called.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
(02-11-2020, 06:39 PM)Tedgp908 > Wrote: The current rule for RDM & Leave is “Defined as leaving the game with an active report or after a slay has been assigned from a report.“

So the chad move right now is if you RDM someone you gotta disconnect before they file that report. You can’t get banned if you do that.

But they still get banned for rdm and leave, so +1 for rule rewrite

Anyway,

In the rules "Refusing to follow a kos ***... *** If the kosed person is then killed and identified as a T and the refuser was given reasonable time to act on the kos" is already under the Reasons to Call Suspicion, and this is where i think it should remain (-1 to move to Reasons to Call KOS). There are way to many kill thirsty players on the server that rdm and try to use a rule to justify that rdm. In this case I suspect many of those sorts of players will interpret the rules to kos players not directly responsible for the Traitors death, and will inevitably use it to justify rdm when the kosed player was innocent. Plus it makes false koses on Traitors a huge pain in the ass

In addition I'm not a big fan of pre-overtime suspicions evolving into immediate koses the moment the match reaches overtime
(02-12-2020, 08:59 PM)DuckBentley Wrote: In the rules "Refusing to follow a kos ***... *** If the kosed person is then killed and identified as a T and the refuser was given reasonable time to act on the kos" is already under the Reasons to Call Suspicion, and this is where i think it should remain (-1 to move to Reasons to Call KOS). There are way to many kill thirsty players on the server that rdm and try to use a rule to justify that rdm. In this case I suspect many of those sorts of players will interpret the rules to kos players not directly responsible for the Traitors death, and will inevitably use it to justify rdm when the kosed player was innocent. Plus it makes false koses on Traitors a huge pain in the ass 

^^^ We literally give T's such a big advantage already. False kosing, an array of t weapons including one shots and one shots that goes through fucking walls. Literally we give T team so much shit including the removal of a test or kos which admittedly i was for cuz of dick D's instantly test or kosing. We have T's that like false kosing. Those same people most likely are the same one's that attack and immeditaly kos me in chat so when people arrive they shoot me first (following the first kos) they shouldn't be forced to get involved.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(02-12-2020, 09:22 PM)Near Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 08:59 PM)DuckBentley Wrote: In the rules "Refusing to follow a kos ***... *** If the kosed person is then killed and identified as a T and the refuser was given reasonable time to act on the kos" is already under the Reasons to Call Suspicion, and this is where i think it should remain (-1 to move to Reasons to Call KOS). There are way to many kill thirsty players on the server that rdm and try to use a rule to justify that rdm. In this case I suspect many of those sorts of players will interpret the rules to kos players not directly responsible for the Traitors death, and will inevitably use it to justify rdm when the kosed player was innocent. Plus it makes false koses on Traitors a huge pain in the ass 

^^^ We literally give T's such a big advantage already. False kosing, an array of t weapons including one shots and one shots that goes through fucking walls. Literally we give T team so much shit including the removal of a test or kos which admittedly i was for cuz of dick D's instantly test or kosing. We have T's that like false kosing. Those same people most likely are the same one's that attack and immeditaly kos me in chat so when people arrive they shoot me first (following the first kos) they shouldn't be forced to get involved.

I completely agree with this. I barely follow KOSes on the server because I don't know what the hell is happening half the time to even properly follow it. Who was KOSed? Is he proven? Why is he KOSed? Is that a valid reason to call KOS? Is that reason even true? Who called the KOS? On top of all of that garbage, you have to worry about the KOS being deliberately false in the first place? No wonder everyone that plays this game is pissed off..
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
I have not forgotten this thread and will comment/start discussions with this sometime later today.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~