Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rules on Language
(12-27-2018, 05:01 PM)Foxka Wrote: Why is it this hard not to be racist

Thank you for your critical thinking and analysis.
(12-27-2018, 06:04 PM)Burrito Bowl Wrote:

He has a point. This server (really, this game (really, games in general)) has a tendency to attract edgy kids that want to spam racial slurs and just talk about blacks gays and women the whole time they're on. It's really annoying and yeah, surprising how hard it is for people to not be shitty, and that a thread about the ban of what should be the least controversial use of a word to ban is this much of a problem.
(12-27-2018, 11:57 PM)Connar Wrote:
(12-27-2018, 06:04 PM)Burrito Bowl Wrote:

He has a point. This server (really, this game (really, games in general)) has a tendency to attract edgy kids that want to spam racial slurs and just talk about blacks gays and women the whole time they're on. It's really annoying and yeah, surprising how hard it is for people to not be shitty, and that a thread about the ban of what should be the least controversial use of a word to ban is this much of a problem.
Thank you for such good response to what I said, and a good outlook. Thank you.
(12-27-2018, 01:35 PM)quicheman Wrote:
(12-26-2018, 11:00 PM)Hash Wrote: It really isn't a issue at all. if people are spamming it then that a mute because its spam. if someone is repeatedly calling somebody a racial slur then that a mute cause it falls under harassment. If somebody says a racial slur and it doesn't fall under spamming or harassment then I don't see an issue. If its some edge lord flexing their superior sense of humor then just mute him.

This is literally what the rule is supposed to be right now.

But It's not like that at all
[Image: 727.gif]
(12-27-2018, 03:44 PM)Scoovie Wrote:
(12-27-2018, 03:09 PM)quicheman Wrote:
(12-27-2018, 02:35 PM)nopleez Wrote:
(12-27-2018, 01:33 PM)quicheman Wrote:
(12-26-2018, 10:43 PM)nopleez Wrote: Either completely ban n word with hard r or completely allow it. It's silly to have a grey area where it is enforced for some people and not for others.

Its silly to think specifically insulting someone who is racially sensitive by calling them n word with hard r, is the same as someone trying to be edgy by saying n word with hard r constantly or whenever there is a lull, is the same as saying "Fuck off nigga" once to a friend who doesn't care. Or I guess context doesn't matter so we could get rid of accidental versus purposeful t on t rdm as well.

It doesn't matter the context the word is used in. It carries more weight than other curse words and will always cause problems. What is the point of allowing it to be said on the server?

I'd say whoever changed the rules to allow it is the edgy one here.

But the rule change is a reversion to how it was for 4 years with no issue. In august of this year the rule was changed due mostly to lack of staff. Now that we have an active staff team again the goal is to return to a state where people can basically do whatever as long as they arent hurting anyone else. If no one is being targetted, and no one is being specifically singled out, no one is spamming or obviously trolling then its punishing a victimless crime.

We changed it because it was getting out of hand and has no business being said on the server, not because a lack of staff. Sure context is important, saying n word with hard r in discord with friends is one thing but saying it on a FULL 32 person server? There is just no reason for it other than to cause problems.

So do you foresee the rule being changed? Banning it has exactly 0 negative side effects, and aside from that makes this server I should think more appealing. When it is used as a slur, i.e. with the hard R, it is intended to be offensive, and behavior like that contributes absolutely nothing to the community. Toxicity on the server is not desirable at all, and when a word has the sole purpose of hurting others, its a word that doesn't need to be used.
(12-31-2018, 02:26 AM)Henry Wrote: So do you foresee the rule being changed? Banning it has exactly 0 negative side effects, and aside from that makes this server I should think more appealing. When it is used as a slur, i.e. with the hard R, it is intended to be offensive, and behavior like that contributes absolutely nothing to the community. Toxicity on the server is not desirable at all, and when a word has the sole purpose of hurting others, its a word that doesn't need to be used.

It will most likely be reverted back in a month or so
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
This is basically a trial run and a reversion is likely, but we'll see how this goes.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]