Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slash Trusted App
Ingame Name: Slasheronic. §bSlashling☆

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:459536479

Time Played: 79 Hours 

When First Joined: Not exactly sure but spoke with DJ and he said I'm clear to apply

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): On Average, I play Mon-Fri 4:30-10:00 pm EST Sat-Sun 12:00-9 pm EST, times increase depending on work I have. Will go up in summer

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor/Master

What can you do to help the community?: I hope, bring calm, objective decision making. I also hope that I am good at cooling people down and stopping the conflict. I have worked to resolve conflicts for years. I also bring a good work ethic. My mom always says that I have a drive that is to be reckoned with

Why do you want to help the community?: This community is like a second home to me. I have made so many friends and connections. I love this place and want to make it better and keep it in order so everyone can enjoy it.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): No

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): No

How did you find us?: When I first played Gmod, I found this server and never left. 

Other: I hope for the best in this application but even if I don't get approved, I will take all constructive criticism in hopes to improve myself
[Image: lDo6UQl.png]
[Image: fkzTG3C.jpeg]
I appreciate you applying bud. But my reasonings for giving a negative are easily fixable. My biggest issue is that sometimes you're good at unintentionally dragging out a conflict or not really helping the situation. You're a good guy who is fairly nice but sometimes you don't know when to stand down from the situation and when to help out. I personally do not mind it when Donors help out but remembering that as a donor, you are not staff shows that you can realise your place in the bigger picture rather than try to help and do everything. You're absolutely not the worst choice. In fact,it's hard for me to give this a -1 but it feels necessary. Sorry bud. Good luck though!
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
According to gametracker, you first joined April 14, 2019
(01-10-2020, 05:54 PM)ChokeMeGrandpa Wrote: According to gametracker, you first joined April 14, 2019

Thank you for finding that
Neutral 

I'm giving you this because with the weeks I've been on when you have been on, sometimes if there were arguments you don't stop it at all. I mean you sometimes do but you don't give them a gag after you give 2 warnings, whenever staff is on, you tend to take charge and do the staff's job I suggest cooling off when staff are on because it makes it harder for staff to record videos, watch them just incase they ghost or hack, harder for them to tell them to stop if they mic spam or do racism/sexual comments/slurrs. I suggest to take every bit of feedback you get from staff, but I wish you the best and see where life takes you.
Resigned Ph Trusted March 11th 2019 - February 12th 2020
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.”

― Jess C. Scott
Slash, at times when the server has trolls or mic spammer you do help but also you tend to encourage the trolls to continue rather than trying to stop them.

You do dm me when there players being sus at times when there are no staff online and do record them in case.

I'm bit on the fence about this, but I would remain a -1 since you do need to know when its okay to joke around at times and when at times for serious end childish spam in voice chat.
[Image: sukuna-evil-laugh.gif]
[Image: YWj4Wn.gif]
Hey Slash,

I do think you have potential to become staff but I think it’s a little too soon. I know the guidelines say 60hrs and month in the community but to be honest it usually takes people longer than that to get used to all the rules, how to handle different situations and be able to sort out problems that arise. 

I suggest you spend some more time getting to know the rules well and also observe how staff handle things on the server. We try to keep things as calm as we can on the server and sort out people who do cause problems but we also want everyone to have fun. 

I also suggest that if you are able to, try recording some game play or even get some evidence of people breaking rules if there is no staff on. Donors are welcome to make ban requests if they have evidence and that will give you some experience of how things work. 

Good luck and see you on the server.  :D
[Image: unknown.jpg]

I've already talked with you in person about my own opinion/observations of you on the server.

As you continue to strive to be staff, we as the staff team will be here to here to help with any questions you may have.

Areas that might help your knowledge grow is found here:

Keep on keeping on Slash
Hey Slash Thanks for Applying!

Hey buckaroo, same as voss, I've also talked with you about your application and I'll make this post so you can reference back to it as well. Many have stated that you feed trolls and are still not ready to handle certain situations on server. You help out in other parts in the server, and you're around quite a lot. Also with your time on server, you may have reached the time requirement, but I want to see you sticking around and see how much you improve from here on. It's part of learning how we handle huge situations on server and large groups of people at the same time, make sure to see how we do it and make sure to always ask for help if you have any questions moving forward. 

I wish you good luck dude, and see you on server as well.  

For my vote it's a (-1) for me for now, maybe next time, we'll see some major improvements
For right now, your application is DENIED.

Please take into account what the players/staff have said and expect from you, and go up from there. I have faith that you have great potential to be staff in the near future, just not quite yet.

Work on a few of these things first;
- Work on figuring out when to put an immediate stop to things (and how) and when it's okay to joke and not joke with groups that are causing issues.
- Learn when to give, what kind of punishments, by checking the MOTD/Rules as often as you need to. It's always accessible during gameplay with !motd.
- Try not to encourage trolls. This is likely accidental but it comes with the territory of being staff.

Like others have said, please feel free to ask us questions so you can learn and become a better candidate for staff. We are always here to help! I look forward to future applications.