Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slight Amendments to Rules [TTT & PH]

(11-03-2017, 10:58 PM)Jerminator00 Wrote: So, why not just force spectate them instead of kicking them when you notice they're afk, and give them the hour for the kick (when the server isn't full, as has been said several times.) This way they're not able to be an afk T and they're given the chance to get back before the kick kicks in. Sometimes people call you for help for five minutes, or nature calls and you try to take care of it between rounds after you die but the round ends sooner than you expect.

The way some of you are talking it sounds like you either already do or are calling for instant kicks as soon as you notice someone is afk, which isn't cool when the server is only half full and odds are they'll probably be back within 1-2 rounds. I will say though that an hour seems pretty generous. You could easily cut that in half, maybe even go down to 15-20 minutes. I'd say maybe even go a set amount of rounds, but those can vary wildly in length.

To me it seems like there's two sides to this argument, one side that doesn't want to kick people for leaving for 5 minutes and getting kicked for it, and those that don't want afks taking up potential T slots, and I feel going with fspec first can solve both problems. Let's compromise people!
Yeah, FSpec is great, until you get that one person who says that they weren't AFK and were faking it to bait a T out. The auto spectate works occasionally, and I primarily let that run its course.

EDIT: The forums crapped itself, that's why you see the edited post and the deleted post above this.
(11-04-2017, 03:49 PM)EpicGuy Wrote:

Yeah, FSpec is great, until you get that one person who says that they weren't AFK and were faking it to bait a T out. The auto spectate works occasionally, and I primarily let that run its course.

EDIT: The forums crapped itself, that's why you see the edited post and the deleted post above this.

...and how is that a problem unique to fspec that makes kicking the better option? All I'm suggesting is that in any situation where staff would kick someone before the new time limit on afks runs out fspec them instead, until the kick timer is up. After all, the impression I'm getting here is that the ones you guys are making the argument for kicking are ones who are yet to be auto spectated, but still obviously afk and taking up important roles/living player slots
(11-04-2017, 05:43 PM)Jerminator00 Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 03:49 PM)EpicGuy Wrote:

...and how is that a problem unique to fspec that makes kicking the better option? All I'm suggesting is that in any situation where staff would kick someone before the new time limit on afks runs out fspec them instead, until the kick timer is up. After all, the impression I'm getting here is that the ones you guys are making the argument for kicking are ones who are yet to be auto spectated, but still obviously afk and taking up important roles/living player slots

What I'm saying is that the auto spectator is there to do one thing: automatically spectate. I sat AFK for a round and was moved to Spectator, so the auto spectator works. The problem is people will move for a bit and reset the idle timer, then go AFK again. If the player is truly AFK, they'll be moved. If they aren't that's when the problem arises. And yes, I can agree that we can force spectate and life's good and happy, but I bring back my original argument: if you know you're going to be gone for 15 minutes or more, why don't you just leave the server?
(11-03-2017, 05:03 PM)EpicGuy Wrote: (Necro) Update: The AFK for an hour rule is bollocks. It has caused multiple rounds where the AFK player is a Traitor who dies, then gets revived, and stands still for minutes at a time. It makes absolutely no sense for us to have to wait an hour to kick an AFK player. Once again, 20, maybe 30 minutes at the most should be the cut off, not an hour.

this man speaks the truth
(PH &TTT)
"lets fuck lycan" -Starky
Slay for delay....is a thing..is it not?
(11-06-2017, 02:56 PM)[Red]Starky Wrote: Slay for delay....is a thing..is it not?

It is.
Pandas are cute as hell, don't you forget that.

[Image: x1iAjZQ.gif]

[Image: 76561198228770820.png]
(11-06-2017, 02:56 PM)[Red]Starky Wrote: Slay for delay....is a thing..is it not?

TL;DR: Yes... slaying for delaying... is a thing. But to slay an AFK player is asinine. Below are some obviously wacky scenarios explaining why we don't slay AFK players for being AFK. In the short, the player comes back from being AFK, is kicked from the server or is moved to spectate automatically. Feel free to disagree with me or better yet, start a new thread introducing some wacky scenarios! 

Hyperbolic Scenario 1:
EpicGuy is a Traitor. The incompetent swine some may call his teammates all die, leaving him all alone to kill those dirty Innocents. But alas, EpicGuy is AFK. 

"EpicGuy, you there?" No answer. "Gosh darn it EpicGuy, if you don't return in the next 7 minutes, I'm going to have to slay you for delaying." Still no answer. "EpicGuy, last warning, you hecking hecktard. If you're moved to Spectators, I'm going to slay you, you fool." Again, no answer. EpicGuy is moved to Spectators, the round ends and he's given a slay for wasting all of the precious time that us TTT players are known to have lying around. "That'll show that rebel scum. A slay for delaying. Stupid muppet." But wait, he's AFK. He won't serve the slay until he's back and playing. EpicGuy forces himself to the land of the living. The round starts, and EpicGuy is auto slain. Now EpicGuy is upset. EpicGuy starts hurling obscenities towards the staff. "How can I be delaying if I was AFK? Shove a rock down your throat, you Soviet sympathizers!" EpicGuy is then banned for staff disrespect. 

Possible solutions to Scenario 1 (Answers may vary): EpicGuy leaves the server because he knows he's going to be gone; Someone kills EpicGuy for being AFK in Overtime; you don't slay an AFK player for delaying.

Hyperbolic Scenario 2: 
EpicGuy is a Traitor. The incompetent swine some may call his teammates all die, leaving him all alone to kill those dirty Innocents. But alas, EpicGuy is AFK.

"EpicGuy, you there?" No answer. "Gosh darn it EpicGuy, if you don't return in the next 7 minutes, I'm going to have to slay you for delaying." Still no answer. "EpicGuy, last warning, you hecking hecktard. If the round ends and you haven't moved, I'm going to slay you, you fool." Again, no answer. The round ends and he's given a slay for wasting all of the precious time that us TTT players are known to have lying around. "That'll show that rebel scum. A slay for delaying. Stupid muppet." But wait, he's AFK. He serves his slay, but EpicGuy doesn't lose anything, because he's AFK. Eventually he's forced to spectate.

Possible solutions to Scenario 2 (Answers may vary):  EpicGuy leaves the server because he knows he's going to be gone; you don't slay an AFK player for delaying.

Hyperbolic Scenario 3:
EpicGuy is a Traitor. The incompetent swine some may call his teammates all die, leaving him all alone to kill those dirty Innocents. But alas, EpicGuy is AFK. He hides so he won't be dead when he returns. 

"EpicGuy, you there?" No answer. "Gosh darn it EpicGuy, if you don't return in the next 7 minutes, I'm going to have to slay you for delaying." Still no answer. Minutes pass. EpicGuy returns and kills three players. More time is added to the clock, but then he goes AFK again. "Heck you EpicGuy. Last warning, you hecking hecktard. If the round ends and you haven't moved, I'm going to slay you, you fool. And what buttwipe comes back to kill three people then goes AFK again?" Again, no answer. The round ends and he's given a slay for wasting all of the precious time that us TTT players are known to have lying around. "That'll show that rebel scum. A slay for delaying. Stupid muppet." But wait, he's AFK. He serves his slay, but EpicGuy doesn't lose anything, because he's AFK. Eventually he's forced to spectate.

Possible solutions to Scenario 3 (Answers may vary):  EpicGuy leaves the server because he knows he's going to be gone; you don't slay an AFK player for delaying.
(11-07-2017, 09:22 PM)EpicGuy Wrote:

TL;DR: Yes... slaying for delaying... is a thing. But to slay an AFK player is asinine. Below are some obviously wacky scenarios explaining why we don't slay AFK players for being AFK. In the short, the player comes back from being AFK, is kicked from the server or is moved to spectate automatically. Feel free to disagree with me or better yet, start a new thread introducing some wacky scenarios! 

Hyperbolic Scenario 1:

"EpicGuy, you there?" No answer. "Gosh darn it EpicGuy, if you don't return in the next 7 minutes, I'm going to have to slay you for delaying." Still no answer. "EpicGuy, last warning, you hecking hecktard. If you're moved to Spectators, I'm going to slay you, you fool." Again, no answer. EpicGuy is moved to Spectators, the round ends and he's given a slay for wasting all of the precious time that us TTT players are known to have lying around. "That'll show that rebel scum. A slay for delaying. Stupid muppet." But wait, he's AFK. He won't serve the slay until he's back and playing. EpicGuy forces himself to the land of the living. The round starts, and EpicGuy is auto slain. Now EpicGuy is upset. EpicGuy starts hurling obscenities towards the staff. "How can I be delaying if I was AFK? Shove a rock down your throat, you Soviet sympathizers!" EpicGuy is then banned for staff disrespect. 

Possible solutions to Scenario 1 (Answers may vary): EpicGuy leaves the server because he knows he's going to be gone; Someone kills EpicGuy for being AFK in Overtime; you don't slay an AFK player for delaying.

Hyperbolic Scenario 2: 

"EpicGuy, you there?" No answer. "Gosh darn it EpicGuy, if you don't return in the next 7 minutes, I'm going to have to slay you for delaying." Still no answer. "EpicGuy, last warning, you hecking hecktard. If the round ends and you haven't moved, I'm going to slay you, you fool." Again, no answer. The round ends and he's given a slay for wasting all of the precious time that us TTT players are known to have lying around. "That'll show that rebel scum. A slay for delaying. Stupid muppet." But wait, he's AFK. He serves his slay, but EpicGuy doesn't lose anything, because he's AFK. Eventually he's forced to spectate.

Possible solutions to Scenario 2 (Answers may vary):  EpicGuy leaves the server because he knows he's going to be gone; you don't slay an AFK player for delaying.

Hyperbolic Scenario 3:
EpicGuy is a Traitor. The incompetent swine some may call his teammates all die, leaving him all alone to kill those dirty Innocents. But alas, EpicGuy is AFK. He hides so he won't be dead when he returns. 

"EpicGuy, you there?" No answer. "Gosh darn it EpicGuy, if you don't return in the next 7 minutes, I'm going to have to slay you for delaying." Still no answer. Minutes pass. EpicGuy returns and kills three players. More time is added to the clock, but then he goes AFK again. "Heck you EpicGuy. Last warning, you hecking hecktard. If the round ends and you haven't moved, I'm going to slay you, you fool. And what buttwipe comes back to kill three people then goes AFK again?" Again, no answer. The round ends and he's given a slay for wasting all of the precious time that us TTT players are known to have lying around. "That'll show that rebel scum. A slay for delaying. Stupid muppet." But wait, he's AFK. He serves his slay, but EpicGuy doesn't lose anything, because he's AFK. Eventually he's forced to spectate.

Possible solutions to Scenario 3 (Answers may vary):  EpicGuy leaves the server because he knows he's going to be gone; you don't slay an AFK player for delaying.

you got some pretty creative scenarios there
"lets fuck lycan" -Starky