Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slight Amendments to Rules [TTT & PH]
I like the new rules regarding the RDM and Leave. This is something that I've been promoting for years, and while it's not as liberal as I've promoted in the past, I'm still pleased with this rule change. Any progress is good progress. The aslay system allows for the slays to be added and to be served whenever the person returns, meaning punishment in terms of bans isn't really as important.

Other rule changes I'm conflicted about and I don't really have a solid opinion on yet.
I don't play TTT anymore but I'm happy to see these changes. Recent unban requests have shown that some players do not have a full understanding of some rules. Offenses that had no malicious intent behind them should not be harshly punished.
I agree to all changes made, although I am not all that active on TTT its better off and allows the community to grow instead of just throwing the players out for innocent mistakes. The changes for PH seem fair enough, and I also agree with them all.
I agree with everything here, but for malicious ghosting i still think it should be at LEAST a month if not a perma, depending on the severity. For the accidental ghosting it's perfect to hand out a warning first, especially if it's a newcomer. I would also like to add that in order to effectively prevent ghosting we should let staff (maybe mods and up) see everyone's psay logs if it came under suspicion they were ghosting, it would help weed it out.
These sound great. And i agree with foxka whole heartedly.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
(10-20-2017, 08:58 PM)DaKody Wrote: I do not support these changes(ttt)

I agree with DaKody... Rank means nothing. You either ghost or don't ghost. !motd was invented for a reason, you need to read the rules so you play in compliance. Now with the afks, the amount of allotted time is extensive. I understand the server might not be full at the moment, but you are still wasting the server's resources, for just letting someone else do another activity meanwhile they get a free hour. This is especially annoying midday when the server is full, and I need to join a que knowing someone is taking my postion because they decided to go afk.
Intel Inside. ©
I have to say with these rulechanges, I do absolutely not mind the RDM and leaf change. However the ghosting one has me slightly concerned.

I personally find it a good tactic to just give the person who did the ghosting (Obvious unintentional) a quick warning by pm, through voice chat or through normal chat (Or all 3). In terms of malicious ghosting I honestly do think the Permaban is justified. While I can see why these rulechanges were made, to stop older players migrating from the server to others if they slip up here, I do genuinly believe that breaking one of the, what I refer to as, foundational rules should result in a permanent ban. This in turn can be overturned by a unban request and I'd say to a mediocere(<-I do not know how to spell that and I am not googling) reputation among staff as a respectfull member of the community.

I do say I support the accidental ghosting version. In the rage of the moment things can be said and if it seems the person in question is not aware what ghosting is or not conditioned to our play on it, I support avoiding a ban in favor of making certain this player is aware that its an offense he/she can receive a permanent ban from the server for. However I am quick to say that ghosting in between friends IS malicious, for wich I would say a permanent ban is justified, as they use whatever to gain an unfair advantage over others. For wich I vieuw them in the same boat as Hackers.

Anyway, thats my take on what I have read so far.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
I agree with the changes however i would have worded them differently and applied them to all rules
I do believe that severe ghosting deserves a stricter punishment with the ability to come back if its their first time.

I generally believe there are 3 tiers of offenders for any rule breaking type

1: Rule breaking that is willful and premeditated with malice aforethought (trolls hackers )

2: Is any intentional rule breaking that involves no prior intent to rule break, and which was committed under such circumstances that would "cause a normally reasonable person to become immediately emotionally or mentally disturbed" during gameplay session. (ie a 1 time argument leading to revenge rdm, someone is upset, anger, or otherwise disturbed)

3: A broken rule that stems from a lack of intention to cause said rule break but involving an ignorant, broken logic, negligent, reckless act, dumbass, leading to the broken rule. (ie setting c4 to 9 mins as an inno causing mass rdm)

I believe people should be punished by their intent and not by the rule itself
Fish has said this before and I strongly agree with everything he has said.
Well put. 100
I support this 100%, banning people and keeping people away is silly. I'd promote this server rather then see it tarnish by having trolls in here all the time. People get better by learning from their mistakes. It seems alot of people here like to gang up on people because they don't like their attitude and it could be one of the silliest thing. People start getting way to personal and forget that this is suppoed to be a fun enviroment to play TTT. This is NOT some form of government where people control other people. That will make this server terrible much like other servers.
===========================

https://soundcloud.com/officialazul |
===========================