Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small suggestion for all staff applications.
A small suggestion here. Maybe also ask in the format for applying if anyone has had any previous experience staffing on other servers. I know technically this could be considered under the "other" section but it would definitely be a bonus to know if someone has dealt with the same problems previously.
In some Applications..... Some people tend to put staff experience in there apps But at the end of the day its up to other staff members and players to see if  that person is up to our standards.

Having staff experience is awesome to have but every server is different and having it under your belt doesnt make u a perfect candidate nor a bad one

and people can lie about it as well
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
it does belong under other and I don't think we should put this under it's own segment as it puts off the impression that they want you to have previous staff experience before applying and they don't, it'd be nice to know that you have previous experience but it's by no means a requirement.
it just a b I g f l e x
[Image: q0SdkAI6QPaeF9Oi-uqjbA.png]

[Image: NcxeGyl-THSvKxgssH34Pg.png]
(02-20-2019, 04:58 PM)Sharky Wrote: In some Applications..... Some people tend to put staff experience in there apps But at the end of the day its up to other staff members and players to see if  that person is up to our standards.

Having staff experience is awesome to have but every server is different and having it under your belt doesnt make u a perfect candidate nor a bad one

and people can lie about it as well

also when having staff experience also has the question why aren't you still being a staff on that server is there a reason. it could say that they were demoted for something bad or im just talking out of my ass here it could mean nothing
[Image: giphy.gif]
so from the format it says "Other: Feel free to add in any extra information here such as past staffing experience." I think its fine where it is no need for it to have its own spot since prior staffing experience. IMO prior experience isn't a focus point of the app its just bonus information,
[Image: J6yUs0g]
The other section already covers this. It's not required to have previous experience staffing, as everybody's got to start somewhere. This is the first community I've staffed on, and it's been an amazing learning experience.  

I used to be a console player and upper ranked in a few clans, but staff on a server is totally different from that. I came in blind, and have enjoyed most of the experience gained ^-^ 

I hope nobody feels they have to already have experience, we want you to grow with us! We want you to learn and take what you learn then apply it to wherever you see fit.  

Never be afraid to pursue things you want. It is better to try and fail then to never have tried at all.
happy is correct. When I put up the format, I made sure to explicitly reference that in the other section so a confused player could have an idea of what to put under that section. The player would have to neglect reading what I wrote there to not know that they could add their previous staffing experience on their app. And if they ignore reading the format, then chances are they aren't ready for staff.

Thanks for offering a suggestion though. If anything else comes to mind, please feel free to share it. :)
Thanks for all the input. I can understand where you guys are coming from, I just thought it'd be a nice small detail to add to the thorough process of applying :)