Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soup - Slay for Kos
Procedure
Use the provided format and make a new thread with it in this subforum. The staff and any relevant players will comment their take on the situation. After the discussion the upper staff will reach a consensus on potential punishment. Said punishment will be enacted, and a summarizing post will be posted.

Format
Use the format below when reporting staff. Fill all fields to the best of your ability.

Offender's Name: Soup

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:120468515

Offender's Rank: Trusted

What They Did:

Covenant has been autoslain by Soup 6 minutes ago with the reason: 'RDM round 3; You did not see the actual knifeing - Can't KOS on location'.

I was in a traitor tester in a room with a detective, Hawkz, and another player by the test button. The detective and Hawkz were both in the corner messing with shelves while I was waiting for the other player to test. I walked out of the tester, and the detective was dead in the corner. Hawkz ided him quickly, and I did right after Hawkz seeing he was killed from a knife wound. Hawkz ran out of the room as other players came into the room. I pursued him, and shot him.

When They Did It: 1/2/18 Sometime around 9:20pm EST

Potential Witnesses: TheRobinsonWay (Detective)

Proof: Refer to Jan 2nd 2018 Logs 20 Hour Round 3 ttt_crummycradle_a4 

Other: I don't agree that this was rdm.
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...hp?tid=138 <---------
former admin2
(01-02-2018, 09:42 PM)Deadpool Wrote: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...hp?tid=138 <---------

Thank you. I'll correct the post.
If you did not see him knife him directly you can sus him only. Fair slay (You also admitted that you did not see him kill him so this is a fast case closed )
You didn't see him kill the detective. You kos'd on location. That is RDM.
former admin2
If one does not see the murder, one can only sus. While I will say that sometimes its so Obvious it would physically hurt if you dont shoot him, it is and remains RDM through our rules. I understand that in the cases of so Obvious that you feel like the slay was unwarranted, but it is not. You could've only killed Hawkz in this instance if it was Overtime, or if he failed to ID the body.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
My witnesses are @Deadpool & @Hawkz

I took that report and kept it for 3 rounds cause of how much I looked into the death scenes and uncertain I was in the death scene, lol. But You stood at a certain angle, and It was not just you and the det, there was actually one other person in front of the tester while you were in there. However the area hawk knifed the det was far left, however you may be looking if you looked at a certain angle You might've been able to see the knifing, but the body fell between the two cases. Plus checking death scene again, your head was pointed towards straight, not to the right were hawk knifed det. But yes there was one other person Besides, you, hawk and det. With that being said I took into an account, if you didn't see it, you run out and see the ided body, how would you know it was hawk, because hawk was near to the right with the det but there's also a possible answer, You did base it off of location which was not being able to see the death, but remembering who was in that area OF death

Now the reason why I say my witness was Deadpool, was that I was in discord at the time with the other staff, Like I said I had uncertain decisions thus why I asked into the discord to check the death scene and give me an opinion on the death scene if your angle was able to have a line of sight to the Kill. Deadpool brought up the fact that your head was not pointed straight so that angle slim
enough would not let you see the kill.
[Image: V3riwMP.jpg]A Bowl Of Soup
[Image: dinks.jpg]

"The below lists of reasons to KOS and sus are for reference, and cover the most common issues. However, these are not complete lists and do not necessarily cover all edge cases. If anything comes up that is not covered by what is shown below, it is to be handled at staff discretion. Killing someone who called a legitimate kos based on the below reasons may yield a slay.

Killing Detectives, except when they are RDMing
2 Knowingly walking past or failing to identify an unidentified body
3. Player is KOSable only if the body is reasonably visible, e.g. not under a bench or in a dark corner. Whether this is RDM is largely to staff discretion."

He did not immediately state the detective was dead while he was next to the detective. He appeared to be covering the body with the machine shelves, and after checking the body he didn't state the detective was dead. He was the only person by the body of the detective in the 10 second time frame.  

You're saying that the rule below that detailing suspicion is of higher priority than this rule above.

"Reasons to Call Suspicion:
Being near the bodies of people who recently died
..."

I've already been slain. I'm just voicing my disagreement with the decision consider it involved staff members.

Ok, thank you for taking the time to reply. I understand the rules better now. It would be good if they were updated to more clearly state the being near a body in this situation is not kosable. It was my understanding that it was based on the rules I cited above.
No abuse occurred,

thread closed.
[Image: cFcBPPs.jpg]