Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sprays
So sprays have been disabled on PH since I first joined. I never really asked why. 
Maybe someone who has been here longer then I can inform me to the reason though Im sure I already know why.

Anyway I guess I just wanted to know if people want them back. 
I think sprays should be enabled once a user becomes member (if possible), by that time a player should have a understanding of the rules and know what a inappropriate spray is. Sprays are super easy to enforce since they already have the players names attached to them. 

(I dont know how this poll shit works, just +1/-1 in the comments with your reasoning.)
Im not gonna 1+ or -1since I havent been On in awhile but The some sprays that some people do on maps are to inapproriate like u said and players dont usually own up to it
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cd7d5c95557653041...=giphy.gif]
(06-08-2019, 10:07 AM)Accel Wrote: Im not gonna 1+ or -1since I havent been On in awhile but The some sprays that some people do on maps are to inapproriate like u said and players dont usually own up to it

I mean its hard to deny that you sprayed it when your name is attached to it.
(06-08-2019, 10:14 AM)§6SEMBER_UNO Wrote:
(06-08-2019, 10:07 AM)Accel Wrote: Im not gonna 1+ or -1since I havent been On in awhile but The some sprays that some people do on maps are to inapproriate like u said and players dont usually own up to it

I mean its hard to deny that you sprayed it when your name is attached 
Yeah But knowing people - they will admit and some wont
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cd7d5c95557653041...=giphy.gif]
Its not that they're disabled, infact theyre enabled on the server. However a gmod update fucked up the sprays so you can only see sprays that are on your computer and possibly if you have seen it in the past cuz ive seen some sprays that i know that i dont have on my computer.
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]
Yeah, this is more of an independent user or gmod issue rather than a server issue.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
They were also disabled on the server because of NSFW sprays. It became more of a problem than necessary so removing it fixes it all together. You can only see your sprays. Gmod server update did mess with it as said above, but I played on another servers that have had fully functional sprays in recent time.
(06-08-2019, 10:32 AM)Alora Wrote: Its not that they're disabled, infact theyre enabled on the server. However a gmod update fucked up the sprays so you can only see sprays that are on your computer and possibly if you have seen it in the past cuz ive seen some sprays that i know that i dont have on my computer.

Sprays work, the thing that's disabled is upload/download of spray assets in server. As a result you can only see a spray if you got the assets from another server with dl/ul enabled or if its a default spray. Merlin and myself did a bunch of testing on it a while back, the dl/ul options server side are indeed disabled.

The default spray path is GarrysMod>garrysmod>materials>temp. VTF files found in this folder (both on the host and clients PC) will show up anything else will not default sprays excluded.
We've had this discussion on sprays many times back in 2017.
This thread may offer some insight to why we don't have them as well as searching for "sprays" with the search function:
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...ght=Sprays
To summarize the spray function in gmod itself has a security issue which Idk if it was ever fixed or will be fixed, NSFW and CP sprays cause more issues than good for staff, and even with certain add-ons there is still the risk of inappropriate sprays.
My issues with sprays and why I don't want to see them enabled or through an add-on comes down to staffing. They are a pain to staff and I've dealt with "discression" issues in deciding what was allowed and not allowed. People pushed limits and I see that happening if allowed. Not to mention other situations that became a lot more problematic that I won't get into here.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
I staffed a server that has the enabled and I have a TTT friend that liked to push the boundary on what was allowed. I've dealt with others like him who push it just because it's a rule and other's who are like ok FU I'll just respray after you clear all sprays. I support keeping them disabled It's just one less issue for staff with them
[Image: J6yUs0g]