Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spying ayy
(12-25-2019, 03:47 AM)Lt. Star Wrote: Gets denied again for the millionth time than proceeds to attack the first piece of info you see about the server without understanding it in the slightest.....

It's like you just ignore Gabe. Great way to show your trying to improve your attitude.

its wack that i got denied after i posted this. Or are you too much of a illiterate to see that?
(12-25-2019, 12:55 PM)SNAK Wrote: Though I'm not agreeing with OP at all, SS should really be reserved too admin+, when I found out tmods+ could use it, I got a tad concerned. as if I'm, for instance, doing my online banking/facebooking/personal none of your fucking bussiness stuff, I don't really want some child  to try to troll/steal my shit. I would hope it's an insta-demote for staff abusing this borderline questionable tool.

Good for catching hackers, good for invading personal space.

Gmod screengrabbing can only grab graphics produced by the gmod process. The entire screen cannot be captured unless the game executable was modified, and that would result in any connecting users getting VAC'd.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(12-25-2019, 12:55 PM)SNAK Wrote: Though I'm not agreeing with OP at all, SS should really be reserved too admin+, when I found out tmods+ could use it, I got a tad concerned. as if I'm, for instance, doing my online banking/facebooking/personal none of your fucking bussiness stuff, I don't really want some child  to try to troll/steal my shit. I would hope it's an insta-demote for staff abusing this borderline questionable tool.

Unless you've managed to somehow do your banking inside Dinkleberg's TTT then there is literally no way for us to see that. It literally can only take a screenshot of the gmod client. Nothing else.

And no, I disagree. All staff should be able to use it.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(12-25-2019, 12:49 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(12-25-2019, 01:52 AM)悲しい子ね Wrote: ayy nice shitpost, cunt. cos that helps your side of the argument you fucking hamper

Alrighty, I'll make a serious reply.

If you go to https://www.whatsmyip.org/more-info-about-you/, you can see exactly what information any website you ever connect to, including this one, has access to.

Websites can see:
  • What website you came from
  • What web browser you use
  • The version of that web browser
  • What operating system you use
  • The version of that operating system
  • The TCP socket your host is connected on (IP and source port number)
  • Your screen resolution
  • The IP of your computer as it appears on your home private network
  • Your approximate location via IP Geolocation
By connecting to a website, you automatically forfeit all of this information to the administrators of the website, and they can do whatever they want with it. Same deal with a Garry's Mod server. Information about your Garry's Mod instance is automatically forfeited when you join the server, and by joining the server, you inherently agree to have that information sent to the server. You can't play the game without sending information to the server you are playing on. That is literally how servers work.

but a website cant ss your screen

(12-25-2019, 12:24 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: In my years of Garry's Mod, I have never seen someone such as you. Someone who has accused a server owner of breaking ToS with something that OTHER PEOPLE have created AND that nearly EVERY SINGLE server uses. I would like for you to find me one server on Garry's Mod that is alive and active that doesn't use force mic or a screengrab add-on. It's not a matter of "signing" anything. You join the server and therefore give the server owner rights to the info that your computer gives. You're nitpicking and throwing a hissy fit because you got denied *AGAIN*. Stop being immature, grow up, and try to stop being so angry.

Edit: We do not use these screenshots for "marketing purposes". We use them as evidence for banning people.

ight you stupid illiterate scum, I got denied after i posted this you dumb hamper
(12-25-2019, 01:04 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:

Unless you've managed to somehow do your banking inside Dinkleberg's TTT then there is literally no way for us to see that. It literally can only take a screenshot of the gmod client. Nothing else.

So if I'm shift-tabbed in-game on the server, they  can't see my screen? If that is the case, then I void what I said, All staff should infact have it.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
(12-25-2019, 01:07 PM)SNAK Wrote:

So if I'm shift-tabbed in-game on the server, they  can't see my screen?

No. The bot is using an in-game program to grab your screen. Someone more tech-literate could probably give you a step-by-step of how it works, but it's impossible to see anything other than Garry's Mod.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(12-25-2019, 01:10 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(12-25-2019, 01:07 PM)SNAK Wrote:

So if I'm shift-tabbed in-game on the server, they  can't see my screen?

No. The bot is using an in-game program to grab your screen. Someone more tech-literate could probably give you a step-by-step of how it works, but it's impossible to see anything other than Garry's Mod.

Ah well that's a stress reliever. Don't see why everyone shoulden't have it then, extremely useful for catching hackers.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
Going to lock this now, issue seems to have been resolved and needs to go no further before it deteriorates more. Merry Christmas to all and enjoy the holiday.