Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff abuse report on the Admins
Doesn’t have to propose a solution.

And technically speaking, he’s not wrong about the voting.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(01-27-2020, 09:46 PM)Mr Voss Wrote:
Alright. So you've shown a problem, now what's your solution?

If none of the committee members were able to vote, then would you prefer that your application be on standby until at least one member has enough hours to vote? 

Again, what is your proposed solution?

Thankyou for bringing this up, I understand that it would be extremely hard to change. Wouldn't it make more sense for the active mods to play a role in this? Why not leave it up to the community and then let staff as a whole decide? It would make more sense to let the active players decide rather than the inactive admins.

If none of the committee members were able to vote, then would you prefer that your application be on standby until at least one member has enough hours to vote? 

To add to this, people suggest rotating admins. Ok cool, nice idea and all. But rotate to who? How many active staff could even qualify for it? I'm the oldest, active, highest ranking non-admin staff member and I don't even think I qualify to hold an admin position.

This isn't abuse, but does open up a discussion on the nuances of upper staff...I suppose. Might wanna move it somewhere else.
Other than that, I'm staying out of this. I'm gonna abstain from voicing any opinions because frankly, I don't want to join in on any drama.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
honestly can't believe mrporky is the one calling yall out on yall shit ngl LMAO

all serious good shit my guy I respect it I hope this causes change and works out.

inb4 admins just hit yall with the usual "we have a life and a lot of it is dinks fault nothing we can do" excuse then hold their ranks for another year zzz
(01-27-2020, 09:38 PM)Derp Wrote: But for real this has been a problem with every team of admins we have had. We need to rotate admins once they drop below the 10 hour requirement.
Just a suggestion.

can't rotate admins if the person in charge of that is more inactive then them, this is more on the admins to either resign knowing they can't handle irl and being admin or stay admin and try to become more active.

also like nicol said we don't really have any staff to promote to admin at this point since all staff have either resigned/inactive or were demoted during the toxic hivemind stuff.
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam
(01-27-2020, 09:52 PM)Fozzy Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 09:38 PM)Derp Wrote: But for real this has been a problem with every team of admins we have had. We need to rotate admins once they drop below the 10 hour requirement.
Just a suggestion.

can't rotate admins if the person in charge of that is more inactive then them, this is more on the admins to either resign knowing they can't handle irl and being admin or stay admin and try to become more active.
If Dink gives someone coowner who actually played more than once a year this would not be a problem
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
(01-27-2020, 09:52 PM)Fozzy Wrote: honestly can't believe mrporky is the one calling yall out on yall shit ngl LMAO

all serious good shit my guy I respect it I hope this causes change and works out.

inb4 admins just hit yall with the usual "we have a life and a lot of it is dinks fault nothing we can do" excuse then hold their ranks for another year zzz
Just a suggestion.

also like nicol said we don't really have any staff to promote to admin at this point since all staff have either resigned/inactive or were demoted during the toxic hivemind stuff.

I mean they'd  be in the right too blame the owner. If they resign, who is going to promote people to admin? There is simply no leadership being actively displayed. We can't honestly blame the admins for the inactivity, there is no boss too tell them that they need to start being more active. The ship is heading towards iceburgs and there is no captain too steer the ship.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
(01-27-2020, 09:50 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Doesn’t have to propose a solution.

And technically speaking, he’s not wrong about the voting.
I am not disagreeing with him. I am seeing if he had a solution to the problem posed. 
(01-27-2020, 09:50 PM)Mrporky02 Wrote:

Thankyou for bringing this up, I understand that it would be extremely hard to change. Wouldn't it make more sense for the active mods to play a role in this? Why not leave it up to the community and then let staff as a whole decide? It would make more sense to let the active players decide rather than the inactive admins.
So does only the committee get a vote on people applying?? or are they just the final say?

In PH we take into consideration everyone's perspective. We discuss the person applying for staff and concerns we may have. There's no committee, just the staff communication with each other on possible concerns/positive things we've seen. 

Given TTT is a different environment and I guess PH has had to really rebuild a lot since many staff people have left over the past year or so; therefore we are all very familiar with each other and comfortable to talk to one another. Not to say that TTT isn't as comfortable with each other, but i can only speak from the PH side. 
I’ll shed a little light, best I can. Inactive voting has been an occurrence. Now how common depends on the time I suppose. Hell I did it. But, that being said, if an admin is not active enough to vote but does anyways they should really be relying on the community opinion. Or certain mods they trust back when it was just admins, you get the idea. I always disagreed with the rule as a whole, but when it comes to staff apps in particular it makes a certain amount of sense. After all, they should know who they are voting on to the best of their ability.
Now this is somewhat common but has been unchallenged. Perhaps people didn’t disagree or thought they wouldn’t get a result. Either way I am very curious to see how this plays out. I’ve been trying to figure a post of my own for several days now in regards to the state of the server (but in particular here I’ve been stuck on admins) and this goes past anything I could have said. Very curious to see...

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(01-27-2020, 09:57 PM)SNAK Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 09:52 PM)Fozzy Wrote: honestly can't believe mrporky is the one calling yall out on yall shit ngl LMAO

Just a suggestion.

I mean they'd  be in the right too blame the owner. If they resign, who is going to promote people to admin? There is simply no leadership being actively displayed. We can't honestly blame the admins for the inactivity, there is no boss too tell them that they need to start being more active. The ship is heading towards iceburgs and there is no captain too steer the ship.
I agree which is why I said  "this is more on the admins to either resign knowing they can't handle irl and being admin or stay admin and try to become more active." I'm sure dink will promote people if inactive admins resign, I'm sorry if it came off as me just fully blaming the admins I completely know dink is a shitty inactive owner and a lot of this is his fault. I was more thinking of it as this problem could've been solved months ago or even a year before everyone went inactive/resigned/demoted but admins decided to keep ranks even tho they're inactive. My apologies for the confusing post.
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam
Anyone in the Top 10 on gametracker should be Promoted to admin tbh
[Image: IMG_1792.png?ex=65dbf028&is=65c97b28&hm=...height=620]