Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff abuse report on the Admins
(01-27-2020, 10:02 PM)Ace1579 Wrote: Anyone in the Top 10 on gametracker should be Promoted to admin tbh

Many of them are Former staff.. 
You know why this all blew up suddenly? Because the issues within the staff team brought up weeks, months, years ago weren't addressed properly and instead everybody let shit like this fester until it blew up. Don't look at porky like it's his problem, instead look in the fucking mirror and ask what you did to prevent something like this.
(01-27-2020, 10:08 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: You know why this all blew up suddenly? Because the issues within the staff team brought up weeks, months, years ago weren't addressed properly and instead everybody let shit like this fester until it blew up. Don't look at porky like it's his problem, instead look in the fucking mirror and ask what you did to prevent something like this.

February 16th of 2019, the dismantling of the holy trinity, was for this very reason. It's a valid criticism and I'm intrigued to see how this is going to be addressed honestly.
Can confirm I never officially voted, and even if I had the second I resigned my vote would be invalid due to not being in committee or staff team anymore. Ive heard the excuse a thousand times from admins that activity is different for them cause they are active on forums and discord, but pretty sure that's not how server activity works seeing as back when my pc broke I was still active in the discord consistently but got moved to inactive due to lack of server time. not sure why that should change for admins.

ALSO, 10 hours is required in 2 WEEKS, they dont even have that over the course of a month. I work full time, help my family with my sisters, volunteer at a shelter, and play other games and still managed to keep my hours on server way above 10 hours in 2 weeks. I even had people coming to me in dm's with issues in the community that didnt know who to talk to outside of Nicol and I, seeing as they never saw any admins on. Some I talked to didnt even know we had admins at all xD
ngl, if dink and juan were actually here... active.. for just a week. We could completely wipe our current staff team.
All positions. Have the community and Dink/Juan choose a suitable odd number of admins. then we could like start all over. ez pz staff fix. Worst case scenario with this we'd have to shut down the server for about a day or two maybe.

Our admins aren't badmins, just inactive.
I will agree with specific points of what is in this thread. I do not see it as someone being salty that they did not get staff and is throwing a temper tantrum (granted it can be taken that way and i know some will take it that way) This does address a legitimate problem within the TTT community that will effect anyone that attempts to apply for staff or for promotion. 

Just to make this clear my response is not aimed at this specific instance with mrporkys app this is an over arching statement that I have been wanting to bring up to staff for about a month

It is not fair for someone to be denied because no one on the committee is active enough to reach the requirements set down by the higher staff or see the development of a community member during their time on server. You can say that mods and admins are active on forums and on discord but you do not normally get to see how people behave on server in vc or reports unless they are on server, granted you can look in relay but that can only do so much.
I know that admins and mods have lives outside of a video game and do not have the time or do not want to allocate time to the server or the development of the lower staff.  Everyone has a life outside of a 10+ year old game but that is besides the point. If something means enough to you a person will find a way to make time for it.

The system for which the staff apps are handled as of this moment is broken and there needs to be an alternative when situations like this occur as the server appears to be heading in a direction where this would become common practice. 

suggested solution: As we only have 2 or 3 active mods (including the new mod), change the committee be changed form the "trusted, tmod, mod" committees to a simple staff app committee or just do away with the staff app committees at least untill there are more active staff to where the committees could be split if it was something that people wanted to go back to 

I am not saying committees are a bad thing I think with set people volunteering to do things like training and suggestion's it makes people feel more involved and like their voice matters in the development of the server.

(maybe more to come this is just what i have off the top of my head atm)
*edit dont put inactive members on comitties "dalek renzo" only ones off the top of head*
#startdemotinginactivestaff

you know the ones I'm talking about
(01-27-2020, 10:58 PM)Cake Wrote: I will agree with specific points of what is in this thread. I do not see it as someone being salty that they did not get staff and is throwing a temper tantrum (granted it can be taken that way and i know some will take it that way) This does address a legitimate problem within the TTT community that will effect anyone that attempts to apply for staff or for promotion. 

Just to make this clear my response is not aimed at this specific instance with mrporkys app this is an over arching statement that I have been wanting to bring up to staff for about a month

It is not fair for someone to be denied because no one on the committee is active enough to reach the requirements set down by the higher staff or see the development of a community member during their time on server. You can say that mods and admins are active on forums and on discord but you do not normally get to see how people behave on server in vc or reports unless they are on server, granted you can look in relay but that can only do so much.
I know that admins and mods have lives outside of a video game and do not have the time or do not want to allocate time to the server or the development of the lower staff.  Everyone has a life outside of a 10+ year old game but that is besides the point. If something means enough to you a person will find a way to make time for it.

The system for which the staff apps are handled as of this moment is broken and there needs to be an alternative when situations like this occur as the server appears to be heading in a direction where this would become common practice. 

suggested solution: As we only have 2 or 3 active mods (including the new mod), change the committee be changed form the "trusted, tmod, mod" committees to a simple staff app committee or just do away with the staff app committees at least untill there are more active staff to where the committees could be split if it was something that people wanted to go back to 

I am not saying committees are a bad thing I think with set people volunteering to do things like training and suggestion's it makes people feel more involved and like their voice matters in the development of the server.

(maybe more to come this is just what i have off the top of my head atm)

I honestly think committees are a bad idea. Ideally the entire staff team should have a say in who they're bringing in. Within fraternities they have a black ball system that I can't go too much into detail about, but it is a fair way for the entire brotherhood (or staff team in this case) to vote on who they let in. If there are so many -1 among the staff then deny the application, if they are within reason to even -1 the person. They should also take into account the communities input on that specific player.
At the end of the Day

@"Dinkleberg >:("  is the only one that has the final say.

we can only hope this Thread will bring stuff into light and help Dink with changes that can help with future Apps.
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
I volunteer at the homeless shelter providing food and clothing, Foster kittens, volunteer firefighters and I have a full time job so I can provide food for my 3 kids while going to school..... and Im still more active than the admins struggling to get a B- in college