Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steam account got hacked.
What do I do now. So far I've only sent a message to steam support for help.
If you're not locked out of it, go in and immediately change your password as well as probably adding the additional authenticity check going into the future. Also check to see if they have bought anything, messed with your items, games, and friends list. If you have a credit/debit card attached to the account, I would check with your bank to see any odd purchases.

If you are locked out, ask friends to keep an eye on your account to make sure that the hacker isn't pretending to be you in games. The best you can do then is wait unless you can reset your password and wait for steam support.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(01-19-2020, 10:39 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: If you're not locked out of it, go in and immediately change your password as well as probably adding the additional authenticity check going into the future. Also check to see if they have bought anything, messed with your items, games, and friends list. If you have a credit/debit card attached to the account, I would check with your bank to see any odd purchases.

If you are locked out, ask friends to keep an eye on your account to make sure that the hacker isn't pretending to be you in games. The best you can do then is wait unless you can reset your password and wait for steam support.

I am locked out but there have been no purchases so far aside from a 50 dollar loss from the scam. I probably should of said this first but a steam "friend" I had whom I had not interacted with in a long time sent a message saying that he had accidentally reported me for illegally purchasing a game which I did not do. He claimed that he tried to tell an admin that it was a mistake but the "admin" wouldnt list so he told me to go confront him myself. I did and the guy who was supposedly an admin made me do strange shit like screenshotting my purchases and put money into a csgo market account so that my email accounts could be "verified" and promised that it would be refunded in the end. Before we took it to discord he locked me out of my steam account so I panicked and did what he he told me. It wasnt until I released after the first and only purchase my credit card account was locked and I realized I fucked up. So now some asshole from Hong Kong has my money.
Yeah that should've been a huge red flag right when money was getting involved.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(01-19-2020, 11:13 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: Yeah that should've been a huge red flag right when money was getting involved.

The bank should be able to replace the 50 bucks but the shame will last forever
Normally with proof like an email saying thank you for signing up with Steam would help. Did you purchase anything? Do you have proof (like an email)?
(01-20-2020, 12:56 AM)§5Ginger Wrote: Normally with proof like an email saying thank you for signing up with Steam would help. Did you purchase anything? Do you have proof (like an email)?

Just purchases on steam in the emails no signing up.
(01-20-2020, 10:54 AM)Sea Bass Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 12:56 AM)§5Ginger Wrote: Normally with proof like an email saying thank you for signing up with Steam would help. Did you purchase anything? Do you have proof (like an email)?

That should be able to prove it's your account with steam. Cause they can trace the key/purchase linked to that receipt to that account
(01-20-2020, 10:54 AM)Sea Bass Wrote:

If you know the email you used to sign up with Steam you're good to go..
Steam support is slow in responding and my account is still being held hostage. At least they asked for evidence.