Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If I were to make a map.
Basically, i pick up learning hammer++ as a hobby and I wanted to know if i could make a map for the server, i'm still a beginner so this would be something i would work for months in my spare time.

And if i can make a map for the server i would like to know if there are any conditions i sould know before i start.
Make it like a maximum security prison.

[Image: 200.gif?cid=ecf05e474j20h6gg7cuyhla24qrl...0.gif&ct=g]
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/showthread.php?tid=8346

Nicol Bolas:
Guidelines for Map Consideration:
The map must be armed (AKA have actual weapon spawns)
The map must be large enough to accommodate a full 32 player server. No super small maps
The map must not have too many odd dependencies(HL2, rtal, etc.)
The map file size must not be too big. Usually aiming for around 25 MB or below.

You should be able to easily find the ttt.fdg so you can access all of the ttt gamemode specific iteotms. you'll mount it in hammer if it does not already have the fdg

I would also reccomend secrets and t or d rooms. Secrets give the players more to do as innocents and T/D rooms can add more intresting gameplay and sometimes help you live longer as either.
I have been mapping for TTT for almost 5 years now so I thought I’d give some helpful resources for you. 

I’m not sure how much hammer knowledge you have so I’ll start with the basics. 
My favorite resource to learning hammer itself was TopHATTwaffle’s V2 series. When I first started I just did my own thing and looked for his videos for help with specific problems/questions. 

For more TTT specific help there is actually an Official TTT Mapping Help Page that will walk you through every aspect of mapping for TTT.
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
(04-21-2024, 03:43 AM)MexicanBatman Wrote:
Make it like a maximum security prison.

Funny enough i was thinking of making it based on arkham asylum, with Batman as traitor traps, and the terrorist as inmates.
I'm a sucker for cyberpunk and vaporwave themes if that helps with map ideas lol
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions