Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TTT] PSA Regarding !queue
Hey everyone, just a general PSA on the TTT server. The end-of-round music plugin has been temporarily disabled by Everyjuan because, as it turns out, it was breaking the old logs. This was said in the ttt discord channel but I figured it'd be a good idea to post it here as well.

The problem has been identified and a fix is being discussed, I just thought I'd let anyone know that for now the ability to add and listen to queues is unavailable. Sorry for the inconvenience but the ability to actually use old logs is very important for staff members and as I said above, a fix is being discussed. More details will come later.

Is fixed. Please ignore
[Image: b_560x95.png]
How the hell was queue breaking old logs lol. Sounds about right tho

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(02-10-2020, 05:16 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: How the hell was queue breaking old logs lol. Sounds about right tho

I suggest asking everyjuan himself for specifics, but I will attempt to describe it.

Ok so basically the music plugin messed up everytime a queue wasn't played. When it messed up, it broke a hook for the rdm manager to record that round's logs. You know how if you saw random music that never played when nothing was queued? That is why. There is a default list of mp3 links that came with the addon but they all broke a long time ago so music only played if it was queued. I believe he has fixed this by replacing the default music list with a goose honk (im not joking). So the ability to queue will probably return very soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFyC0vMlsAs
That's been happening with the end round music since time immemorial, and it's never broken the old logs before. So why is it the problem now?
I'm also curious how it's suddenly been doing this now. I have no complaint tho, no more shitty queues.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
#BringBackOurQueues
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(02-10-2020, 05:30 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: That's been happening with the end round music since time immemorial, and it's never broken the old logs before. So why is it the problem now?

Again that's a question for Everyjuan, but he has confirmed that it was indeed the issue. I can confirm that old logs work now that the music plugin is disabled. I assume it was a fairly recent GMOD update that broke something.

Also this is a temporary disable. Queues will not be permanently removed.
We should get a new plugin that has a list of queues instead of relying on mp3 links. That's how it was back on sassilization and it worked perfectly, you upload it to thier website and it was linked in game via a menue you used to search for things. I'm sure theres a more reliable plugin for end of round music out there
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(02-10-2020, 05:09 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: Hey everyone, just a general PSA on the TTT server. The end-of-round music plugin has been temporarily disabled by Everyjuan because, as it turns out, it was breaking the old logs.

Yeah this is a Garry's Mod server alright