Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TTT Suggestions
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=252730596 this map pls
I understand that resigned Admins get the Donor + role and that it is also reserved for certain other people, but what about Mods that contributed just as much but in different ways? If they get some sort of rank it would probably also have to be implemented for PH, but it's just a thought. It would just be nice to whoever contributed. Should get some sort of little memento or something or custom rank in Discord
[Image: image0.png]
2x TTT Admin
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers
increase map cooldown further so we dont play the same 7ish garbage maps over and over again
(01-10-2020, 12:22 AM)Gabe Wrote: increase map cooldown further so we dont play the same 7ish garbage maps over and over again

This.

Recently Played Maps should be on a 4-5 Map Cooldown.

Also !rtv command should have a cooldown as well. When I asked for it to be added, I suggested it be given a cooldown so it wouldn't be abused. As it's been here, it's been nothing but that. Add a 1-2 Round (5-10 Minute) Cooldown after Map Changes. That'll help tremendously. Also !rtv Map Vote should be after the Rounds End, not during Mid Round.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(01-10-2020, 12:37 AM)Christian Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 12:22 AM)Gabe Wrote: increase map cooldown further so we dont play the same 7ish garbage maps over and over again

This.

Recently Played Maps should be on a 4-5 Map Cooldown.

Also !rtv command should have a cooldown as well. When I asked for it to be added, I suggested it be given a cooldown so it wouldn't be abused. As it's been here, it's been nothing but that. Add a 1-2 Round (5-10 Minute) Cooldown after Map Changes. That'll help tremendously. Also !rtv Map Vote should be after the Rounds End, not during Mid Round.

Piggybacking off of this, could it be possible for Donor and up to have access to the nominate command to nominate maps?
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(01-09-2020, 07:09 PM)dong Wrote: I understand that resigned Admins get the Donor + role and that it is also reserved for certain other people, but what about Mods that contributed just as much but in different ways? If they get some sort of rank it would probably also have to be implemented for PH, but it's just a thought. It would just be nice to whoever contributed. Should get some sort of little memento or something or custom rank in Discord

Donor+ is a rank given by dink to some of his friends and a majority of resigned admins. I'm sure he has his own reasoning, but I observe that the awarding to admins this rank is for their distinguished impact on the server. It is not a requirement for him to do so. I do not intend to belittle the impact of others that did not become admins, as I believe certain mods have achieved as much or more of an impact over the years. Some exceptions do exist of other staff members that retired not as an admin getting the rank, but I do not know if the rank was given by dink himself or an if an admin decided. 

Donor has become a common award to resigned staff members in general. This too is not required, and should not be viewed as an expectation either. It is in recognition of their work, since this is a volunteer position. It is the same rank as bought, so in effect dink is giving a rank for free by allowing this.

I think in terms of rewarding resigned staff ranks it should remain the decision of dink. On forums one can put in their signature or tag that they are resigned staff. On discord it would be a simple matter of making a bottom tier role that say resigned staff. I just don't want to see reigned staff become a "rank", or that there is an expected reward rank for volunteering to staff.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Since this thread is active, and I'd rather not make an entirely new thread. Here are some addons that could be fairly useful.
  1. Hit Numbers We used to have them, they were removed. They should come back
  2. Hit Markers You know that sound in Call of Duty when you hit someone? Yeahhhh It'd be neat to have
  3. Alt-Tab Labels This one basically puts a label above people's heads if they are tabbed out of Gmod, that way people know they aren't in a buy menu/afk
  4. Round Alert This one is very simple. If you're tabbed out, when you spawn in (Either when you finish loading into a server or are respawned from spectator) the taskbar icon for GMod will flash and a sound (toggable) will play. As someone who tabs out alot to do staff things, this would be a major quality of life.

[Image: b_560x95.png]

Added.
Reviving this thread since you protozoans don't use it:

Thoughts on getting the crash map changed? Don't know about you guys, but 67thway is getting old. It's a bad map anyways, and I loathe playing it every 13 seconds when the server crashes, not to mention the enormous amount of times we vote for it anyhow.
(01-09-2020, 02:10 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: Gonna steal a particular suggestion from the PH thread. Make each map have a thumbnail for the mapvote. This is mostly a low priority quality of life change, but still, it's quite annoying when only 1/3rd of the maps have a thumbnail.

This shouldn't be low priority. Believe it or not, having photos for maps keeps more players in because they know where they're going. When we had no photos on the majority of our maps, our player count dipped severely. So this should be a higher or at least medium priority just for player count.