Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TTT Suggestions
(01-07-2020, 08:01 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: So this is coming from someone who still doesnt know how to properly play TTT.
(I'm dumb forgive me.)
Maybe get with dink to update the f1 how to play so it's better explained. It was highly confusing in bits. Explain some things that aren't there.
Go through it like you're talkign to someone that's never seen gmod.

To be honest I'm not entirely sure if you even CAN edit that. I've never played on a server where it's been different. But yeah it'd be nice
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(01-07-2020, 08:01 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: So this is coming from someone who still doesnt know how to properly play TTT.
(I'm dumb forgive me.)
Maybe get with dink to update the f1 how to play so it's better explained. It was highly confusing in bits. Explain some things that aren't there.
Go through it like you're talkign to someone that's never seen gmod.

We can't change that. I'm not sure what else we can do to explain the gamemode to someone. 99% of guests don't read the MOTD. Hell, even a good portion of regulars clearly haven't read the MOTD. That's something for the admins to look over.
Something I thought about awhile ago, is to edit the loading screen with a small text box to explain all the commands we have. Like !maps,!downloads,!forums,etc.
(01-07-2020, 08:42 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: Something I thought about awhile ago, is to edit the loading screen with a small text box to explain all the commands we have. Like !maps,!downloads,!forums,etc.

last time we had a "text box" loading screen it did not work out so well. If it was small enough in a corner and looked decent graphically on the side maybe.
posted this before but didn't hear anything back about it.

Reasons to Call Suspicion:
Refusing to follow a kos**

why is this only suspicion?  if the traitor who's on kos starts shooting me and the guy next to him doesn't kill him or even try I should be able to kill him for not helping.
as of right now it just causes traitor buddies not to work together and have the round go on longer.

Rue made a good point "THIS!!!!! why the FUCK is this not kosable? refusing to follow a KOS / walking with or staring at a kos'd player is the player who is not killing the kos'd players fault. This is common GBA and is not suspicion, is literally either 3 things : teaming, traitor's not shooting t buds, or the person not paying attention to kos's (which is their fault.)"
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam
(01-07-2020, 08:25 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: To be honest I'm not entirely sure if you even CAN edit that. I've never played on a server where it's been different. But yeah it'd be nice

I mean, yah, you can, but it's probably not even worth the trouble of anybody who wants to try. You'd have to create new tutorial VMTs and replace them in the terrortown vgui material folder with the new ones. Tbh, pretend like it doesn't exist because nobody would read it anyways. I suggest we remove the tutorial images and add pictures of doggos instead.

EDIT: I've done it. https://streamable.com/qy76g
(01-07-2020, 09:47 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 08:42 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: Something I thought about awhile ago, is to edit the loading screen with a small text box to explain all the commands we have. Like !maps,!downloads,!forums,etc.

last time we had a "text box" loading screen it did not work out so well. If it was small enough in a corner and looked decent graphically on the side maybe.

I really meant just adding a section by the rules with some common commands. I know it's not as easy as just adding a textbox and it requires coding it.

(01-07-2020, 06:43 PM)MAKEOUTHILL Wrote: Other Suggestions: Limit joke abuse of commands by staff/donors

Also yeah this. It's gotten to a point where even I, famous abuser of powers, have to tell others when enough is enough lol.
(01-07-2020, 09:47 PM)Gabe Wrote:

That one didn't work out because the loading screen was literally just a copy paste of the rules in really small text.

This just requires a small text box in a corner with some text. Nothing too big, nothing too small.

(01-07-2020, 10:08 PM)Fozzy Wrote: posted this before but didn't hear anything back about it.

Reasons to Call Suspicion:
Refusing to follow a kos**

why is this only suspicion? 

Cut out the rest of the post to avoid cluttering, but this has been added to the list of suggested changes.
Gonna steal a particular suggestion from the PH thread. Make each map have a thumbnail for the mapvote. This is mostly a low priority quality of life change, but still, it's quite annoying when only 1/3rd of the maps have a thumbnail.
(01-07-2020, 10:24 PM)Demi Lovato's Heroin Spoon Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 08:25 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: To be honest I'm not entirely sure if you even CAN edit that. I've never played on a server where it's been different. But yeah it'd be nice

I mean, yah, you can, but it's probably not even worth the trouble of anybody who wants to try. You'd have to create new tutorial VMTs and replace them in the terrortown vgui material folder with the new ones. Tbh, pretend like it doesn't exist because nobody would read it anyways. I suggest we remove the tutorial images and add pictures of doggos instead.

EDIT: I've done it. https://streamable.com/qy76g

I don't care if any other changes are made, but this needs to be added to the server.