Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TTT Weapon Balancing Discussion
Hello everyone! As noted in Gabe's recent TTT newsletter (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...s-Bulletin), we are currently testing a prototype of a weapon balancing update on TTT. This is something we have been trying to address for a while, and will likely take continual changes to get to where we want it to be permanently. 

I have pushed the first prototype of this weapon balancing update live to the server this morning (10/18/19).

This thread is intended ONLY for feedback on weapons (e.g. this weapon is still too weak, this weapon recoils too much, this weapon got glitched in the update and isn't working properly anymore, etc.). Please avoid posting other comments here to avoid clutter.
Galil ar : 40damage to the head with an insane firerate all the weapons are basically a vector 2.0
tested the guns on the server somewhat, dont have detailed feedback on most of the smgs, definite improvements.
but these are the things that stuck out on me:
-SG552: the gun has too high of a damage output. feels like a 2nd vector despite the large firerate distance. definitely feels too strong.
-P90: damage overall is good, but the reserve ammo amount throws me off. we could either go for a 50/100 ammo set with lowered damage. or go for a 50/50 mag with damage as is.
-M16: fire rate threw me off when i shot with it. but didnt actually test it.
-Vector: Little to no changes really noticed, everyone still thinks it definitely needs more work.
other than that, most guns seemed ok to me with the new changes, but the sg552 should definitely be nerfed a little bit, preferably a damage nerf.
most of this is my opinion so i dont know what everyone else will think.

Edit: The AK aim is a little wonky, but the new buffs to it make it a laser against 1 person. against few people its powerful, but its not worth using against a group.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
The S&W exploit is not fixed
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(10-18-2019, 02:20 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: The S&W exploit is not fixed

Good

It's a feature
I'll put my 2 cents in.

I feel like the BIGGEST change that needs to happen with a weapon rebalance is not to change every gun in the game; I think we simply just need to nerf the better weapons.

One of the few guns in the games that is the BEST without any sort of counter-claim is the Vector. Everyone can agree on it. Every active member believes this. The fire rate + the low recoil + the gun damage is so fucking ridiculous that you can kill 2 people with it in less than 1 seconds. 22 damage a hit with 16 bullets a second fire rate means you could theoretically kill 3 people in one second if they were all relatively close to each other. Compare that with every other automatic gun in the game doing 16 damage a hit, which requires 7 bullets a kill with significantly lower fire rates and higher recoil makes it the GOD gun.

I've tested most of the other weapons in the server and they all feel relatively balanced to be perfectly honest. But the fact that the Vector is better in every single metric by at least 33% makes it unviable to use the other weapons. The other weapons aren't bad, they just aren't the Vector.

The solution shouldn't be to buff all the other weapons because then every gun is OP and the game is unplayable. The Vector should be brought down to the other guns levels in terms of fire rate and damage at least, and it would still be a good option because of the sight it has + the low recoil [that it has currently]. Every other gun has its ups and downs that are clearly defined [AK high damage, high fire rate, EXTREMELY HIGH recoil; Galil medium damage, high fire rate, medium recoil; etc etc]. If you just make all of the stats on the gun not god tier, then the game is pretty much balanced in terms of primaries. I already see people pop off with the AK, Galil, and M16 all the time pre-weapon rebalance as they are in good spots and aren't OP.

In terms of secondaries, I would say just make the S&W have about 35% more recoil and it would be better than it is when people can 100% headshot 5 people in a row without missing.

In terms of equipment, keep the striker nerf you previously put out this week. The striker is actually a pain in the ass to fight against and is completely unfair in every metric [the choke on that gun literally lets you snipe from 60 feet away with 30 damage a hit]. Also maybe put a limit on chicken eggs to 2 or something because Im tired of T's spending 3 credits and having about 20 KFC buckets that let them have infinite health in a round pretty much.

I made a forum post about all weapon damages previously and I genuinely think that really shows what needs to be changed. https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...ISS-Vector Please take a look at this and just see why the Vector is OP and why every gun should not be brought to that level. If you nerfthe Vector, youre pretty much changing the entire server's playstyle because everyone uses it as a crutch and people will eventually have preferred guns for preferred play styles instead of a Jack of All Trades [or in this case a King of All Trades]

(10-18-2019, 07:31 AM)Meeemo Wrote: Galil ar : 40damage to the head with an insane firerate all the weapons are basically a vector 2.0

btw the galil did 57 damage a headshot not 40.
I'm not sure what the goal is for weapon tweaking is, but if one of them is realism, throw it out the window. No weapon should strive for realism rather than balance. If both can be achieved, great, but if not, scrap realism.

With that said, Herp is absolutely right. The issue isn't that every gun is terrible, it's that a select few are ridiculously optimal over situational. I'd say every weapon aside from about three or four are well-rounded- the four being the striker, vector, s&w, and possibly the ares with its headshot multiplier. The problem with having a loadout feature is that not many people will use it on a per map basis rather than a static set that's all around very powerful.

On top of accuracy nerfs, I'd like to see a slower reload animation on certain weapons, the S&W namely. The vector could use tweaks between a very large area. I can't say where all the issues are in the coding itself, but the fire rate, accuracy, spread, and other aspects need to be addressed.

Rather than seeing how all the weapons interact with each other, take it slow and watch how a single one impacts the functionality of the others. Go for small updates over a course of time rather than a handful of changes in one sitting; I would say it gives time for the community to judge the weapon in relation to the others as time passes.
  • The Vector had a very minor increase with its fire rate, only increasing by .005. The nerf was very minor, and there wasn't too much of a focus on what makes it great. It was still pretty strong.
  • The AK-47, SG, Famas, and Galil turned into railguns with equivalent fire rate of the Vector coupled with more damage. These were absolute monsters.
  • The pistols felt pretty standard, the typical only use when you've ran out of primary ammo. Never get to playing with them much.
  • I've heard a few guests complaining about the default shotgun. It's a very noob friendly weapon that I think should still fit the meta in one way or another for new players. The shotgun that could use some interest is the locomotive.
I feel like it would be a good idea to take the ARs that are similar to each other and buff them in different ways (Damage, accuracy, fire rate) to make each more unique, and then include a little snippet about the gun's accuracy, damage, and fire rate in the point shop.
[Image: 7onE1Qa.png]
I am t-  J - s not t - G - s and especially not the plural of tj. That would be retarded.
I feel that everything should one shot for the sake of balance. I mean, nobody could complain, and it would help the baddies.
[Image: b_560x95.png]