Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TTT Weapon Balancing Discussion
Me and Laced are currently working on a draft of current weapons that are in the server. We are currently looking into improving gunplay, by doing an overhaul on a majority of the select weapons that we have for the server. This will include Buffs, Nerfs, and Small tweaks. As this is only a draft, there is no guarantee that every single weapon will be changed, so please bear with us.

However, we're going to try to work with Dink & Juan with improving gunplay as best we can. But the Hitreg & Server Lag are still our first priority. Currently in the draft, we are looking into potentially tweaking limb damage and rpm / dmg for some weapons. As well as nerfing the ARES Shrike's HS multiplier, and Chest DMG. Shotguns are also in the mix of being looked as well. Notable the Pump Shotgun and Striker-12's Mag.

In the meantime, we'd like to hear suggestions from the community on what should be tweaked. So please feel free to provide some suggestions below.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
We need at LEAST 4 more shotguns added to make up for what you did to the poor ole double barrel
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Definitely on board with reviewing this.

Thanks @Christian and @Laced Xanax !
Ok so I don't know how much my opinion might weigh here but why not lol. Back a few months ago we did something similar to this and what I ended up doing was making an excel sheet just listing out all of the weapons, their stats (dpm/dps, accuracy, spread, etc) and it made it really easy to compare the stats and see how things work out. Now I don't really play too much so I don't know how many weapons you guys have so it might be a pain to do, but it was super helpful in the whole scheme of things. Here's the link to what I ended up doing to it https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0
I know maybe the reg isn't the greatest but balancing weapons is a good thing to do regardless.
As I said I don't really have a grasp on the server yet so I can't offer any real suggestions gun related but I figured I might as well try to suggest how you could make your lives easier.
[Image: mCAuxOi.jpg]
(07-16-2019, 09:31 AM)Pingu Wrote: Ok so I don't know how much my opinion might weigh here but why not lol. Back a few months ago we did something similar to this and what I ended up doing was making an excel sheet just listing out all of the weapons, their stats (dpm/dps, accuracy, spread, etc) and it made it really easy to compare the stats and see how things work out. Now I don't really play too much so I don't know how many weapons you guys have so it might be a pain to do, but it was super helpful in the whole scheme of things. Here's the link to what I ended up doing to it https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0
I know maybe the reg isn't the greatest but balancing weapons is a good thing to do regardless.
As I said I don't really have a grasp on the server yet so I can't offer any real suggestions gun related but I figured I might as well try to suggest how you could make your lives easier.

I planned on trying to make something public like this once everything has been tweaked. I'll try and make sure to do so once I get my hands on it.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Here's a Sneak Peak of what we've been working on. Currently we've been Tweaking the Damage & RPM of some of the AR's. This has made Limb Damage feel a bit more impactful, in which we hope will make gunfights better. RPM we're still trying to make sure we get right. We don't necessarily want it to be too high nor too low. I'm going to try and see if I can set up some Public Testing Dates, once we're at some comfortable numbers for each weapon. But if you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave some on this thread. We'll be taking community feedback into consideration while we look over some of these weapons that could use tweaking.

(Please Note that the Accuracy and Recoil do not reflect those weapons that we have on the server, these are just configured how I downloaded em. This video was just to give those an idea on what we're going to be trying to tweak with these weapons moving forward. However, we do intend tweaking Accuracy and Recoil during our next testing session.)

How do you intend to alter limb damage? I think that gmod sweps allow changes to the headshot multiplier but not to any other body hitboxes.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
Right now our only sufficient way is to slightly increase damage to the chest region. That'll still give a decent boost in damage to other parts of the body. As far as modifying the multiplier itself, I'm not entirely sure that is possible to modify within the SWEP, though I'm still trying to look into it.
Need an addon for actual limb damage. The problem with balancing on gmod is that there really arent enough options within the game for balancing. That's why there have been a dozen iterations of people trying to fix the guns on this server when you really can't. Although, maybe an addon to allow more damage complexity would help.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
I'm the only one that is concerned about the re-'balancing'? I think you need more people invloved to avoid the 'nerf shit i dont like and buff my loadout' problem that i feel has happened before. And if the balance works then yall need to be carefull with adding stuff to server. Like when the Locomotive got a nerf just for the double barrel to get added and when the bullshite got nerfed and then the sw got added. Stuff like that makes the server look hypocritical.